logo

PoliceAuctions.com

Posted:    Eric

Rip off

PoliceAuctions.com
Well, I bought a 14K white gold ring with 16 diamonds that was supposedly worth an estimated $2000. I won the bid for it at $400.
I later went to sell it after a few months, and the most that I could get for it was $25. The lesson that I have learned is the fact that if you don't know anything about jewelry, stay away from these type of items. I don't know about the rest of their products, but you will notice that this site mainly sells jewelry. I was surely pissed off!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2009 by   brinkley511 +1 Votes
This is a ripoff site posing as an auction when really it's a jewelry store selling thier items. I too have bid on this site about 20 times, was not the high bidder on any of them, but was offered a second chance but at a subtantially higher rate because they miraculiously found another item exactly them same as the one I bid on. Wow, what a coincidence!
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   De-an +1 Votes
I recently purchased 16 items from PoliceAuctions.com. 12 out of 16 are falsely advertise. I requested 6 Returned Merchandise Authorization numbers, so far I did received none. I also took 6 jeweries to IW Marks Jewelers and to a gemplogist to appraise. Guess what, the Direct Buy Price was 900% above actual market values, the colors, sizes, and weights are less than they (PoliceAuctions.com) stated in their advertisement.

It is a big rip off. I make a complain to the LA BBB.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   De-an 0 Votes
Not satisfy
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   18k 0 Votes
I bought a Ladies- Stainless Steel 18k Gold plated Quartz Watch.
I could get for it $20. " Made in China".
Winning Bid: $51.00 plus shipping.
PoliceAuctions.com is Scam don't buy.
I make a complain to the LA BBB and Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   thecompanyresponse +1 Votes
This is a response from the company. These comments are so completely over the top, you wonder how PoliceAuctions.com manages to sell over 10, 000 items per month. Let's address the concerns raised. We list over 1000 government vehicle auctions, over 1, 000, 000 foreclosures, have many many categories other than jewelry. Buy Direct Price does not claim to be a market value and should not be viewed as such. The customer in question got his refund, which got issued after the items were returned. You know a complaint is off base when they claim that everything is wrong, color, sizes, weights, etc. PoliceAuctions.com stands by the customer 100% whenever there is a dispute in gemology, that is printed clearly in our terms. Jewelers love to slam the online competition because they are losing a lot of business to online sales. If there is ever a problem with our site, users can call toll-free for support. We have a friendly staff ready to help. Also, our auction notices and disclosures page explains fully what will happen should something go wrong with your purchase, everything from lost packages to wrong items etc. It also states that second chance offers can be higher than the auction final bid on similar items. We do everything we can to make your auction experience a happy one. Occasionally mistakes are made, as in any business. When that happens we are happy to help you as well and stand behind you 100%.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   ebony1966 +1 Votes
PoliceAuction.com is a total scam I brought several watches from them I had them appraise they were totally worthless do not by anything from them!!!
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   dannywp 0 Votes
PoliceAuctions.com is not a scam... read the terms as I did. Bid on items which you think are appropriate to your beleaf. It easy as that, sure they sell multiple items, but just take your time on winning the bid, it's practically a real auction but online.. i Bought diamond earrings i payed $221, same ones also went for 236, 226, and 181. I didn't get the best offer but i think i did well for my personal beleaf, just bid at your own risk read the terms before bidding and call there support team for any questions. P.s. it tooked me One month before i actually won a bid take your time and try to get the best offer don't go crazy...
 6th of Mar, 2010 by   porkchop267 +1 Votes
Hello this message is for police auctions.com

you present yourself as offering this service as a free service

But, then you have the audacity to ask me for my c/c info so that you can try to charge me somthing. Try that crap with someone else. Not the guy that resides at 303 maple street
corbin, ky
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   W. P. Hill +1 Votes
I bought 6 paintings at reasonable prices from this site. I was skeptical but the paintings are nice. Even though they may be painted on an assembly line, they were nicely done. My complaint is that 2 of the paintings are not something I bidded on and would never purchase this type of picture. I paid for them anyway since the cost was reasonable. I think the company then thought I was such a fool that they would make me think I bidded on a ring. I did not bid on this ring but was offerred it for the price of 189.00 as a second chance. Since I had not bidded on the ring, I sure did not want it the second chance. I have contacted customer service at least 5 times and they refuse to respond, except to send me bills for the ring I had no interest in. They do not return phone calls or emails. I'm sure if I told them I would take the ring, they would respond right away. Never want to deal with them again. I think a lot of the bidders are not true bidders only something to up the price. At least I did receive the paintings for my money but that will be the last time I deal with them. NC girl
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   Ssmarter by the purchase +1 Votes
Well...should have read the Terms of service fully...the 30 day moneyback Guarantee offered by policeauctions.com ONLY APPLIES IF YOU GET AN RMA# SEVEN DAYS AFTER YOU WON THE ITEM!!! We received the item eight days after we won the watch for $256.00! I just called and because it is in their TOS they will not refund us the item even though it hasn't even left the box!! Too bad for them...the reason we wanted to send it back is because we wanted to get the mens' instead of the ladies version...no though...they've lost two formerly excited buyers!!! We recommend anyone read the Terms of service before buying aanything from them!!! they also charge A 15 RESTOCKING FEE, in effect you end up paying shipping for them and they profit on your shipping...not on the items!!! Too bad...they had some really nice stuff there...an unfortunate and perhaps seredipitous loss for us...good thing that we didn't by the car we saw!...we'll stick to bank repo purchases from now on. Goodbye Police Auctions.
 5th of May, 2011 by   Marukoson +1 Votes
I just purchased an item for $4 and was excited to receive the product but when I got the shipment, there was an additional fee from the brokerage company since Policeauctions.com lied and declared the item in question to be worth $31.51 not $4 dollars as I paid for it. If the item is lower than $20 going across the border into Canada, there is no fees but since they falsified the value I am going to end up paying more than all the items combined. There are 3 more items being shipped and if the cost is $14.98 for a $4 item I hate to see what the cost will be for 2 paintings at a total of $32 in bids combined. They said I could refuse the shipments and I'll be reimbursed but I asked of the restocking fee and they said I wouldn't be charged. So now I'm wondering who is going to pay for the import charges that they falsely claimed. "Isn't that illegal to falsify documentation, even though they insured it for $4 but claimed $31.51 in duties? Sorry I will recommend others to stay away as I will. As in 2009-11-17 they stand behind the customer 100%...what to push them off the cliff and claim " it wasn't me" but the picture shows the truth .
 22nd of May, 2012 by   ANN 0 Votes
policeauctions.com is a total SCAM please be ware of they steal your money !! i bid on a necklace valued for $1, 020.00!!! which i won the bid at $58.00, and when I took it to have it evaluated, to four differents jewelers and the piece was worth NOTHING!! A COMPLETE FAKE!! nothing, one jeweler told me it probably costed .99 cents only!!! so, I called to have them return my money, I had to send it back, pay for shipping and police auctions.com told me to send the "fake jewel" with insurance!!! which I had to pay!! a piece of crap! THEY NEED TO BE PERSECUTED! FOR STEALING MONEY!! AND USING THE WORD "POLICE"! the place where they run the scams is in costa mesa, california and is called VORTAL GROUP INC, which of course like any other scam places here today gone tomorrow, it is probably a ghost place. STAY AWAY!!
 3rd of Jul, 2012 by   ceryena 0 Votes
PLEASE MEN AND SPECIALLY WOMEN, LISTEN TO WHAT U READ !!!What They Do is STEEL YOUR MONEY!!! I Live in Canada.So it even was double to have it sent here. I though i was buying real nice GIFTS for my FAMILY AND THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH.!!!I DIDNT HAVE IT LOOKED AT AND I SHOULD HAVE. NOT ONLY DO THEY STEEL FROM U. They Make U LOOK like A FOOL, AND REALLY HURT U. NOT JUST THE MONEY .I WONT EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN I CANT TRUST MYSELF.ISPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.AND IT ALL SITS IN A BIG BOX.TOO ASHAMED TO EVEN GIVE IT TO ANYONE!!!GO TO YARD SALES U WILL FIND BETTER THINGS THERE!!People are having hard times everywhere.So PLEASE DONT LET THEM TAKE YOURS.I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY!! I MEEN THIS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART !!!They ARE VORTAL GROUP INC. POLICEAUCTINS.COM GOVERMENTAUCTIONS.COM IN COSTA MESA, CALIFORNIA . I BET THEY ARE STILL LAUGHING AT HOW MUCH WE WHERE TAKEN FOR.
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   LEARNTHEHARDWAYY 0 Votes
POLICEAUTIONS IS A CRIMINAL GANG OPERATING RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR EYES AND NOT ONE DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I BOUGHT 2 PAINTING WHICH I PAID FOR WITH MY CREDIT CARD AND ONE THAT I SENT A MONEY ORDER FOR ITS BEEN LIKE TWO WEEKS AND STILL SAYS PAYMENT PENDING. WHAT THE HECK????? BOUGHT JEWERLY AND TOOK IT TO GET APPRAISED SURE ENOUGH ITS WORTH $5 DOLLARS WHEN THE BDP SAID 5, 000. PEOPLE PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT BUY NOTHING FROM THIS SITE IF YOU COMPARE PRICES LIKE THE WOMEN WATCHES THEY SELL FROM $50 PLUS SHIPPING WHEN YOU CAN GET IT FOR $10 ON AMAZON OR OTHER SITES. LESSON LEARNED ILL BETTER DO MY RESEARCH NEXT TIME. I LEARNED THE HARD WAY BUT I LEAST I DID IT ON TIME BEFORE I WENT CRAZY GIVING MY MONEY AWAY TO THIS THIEFS CALLED POLICE.
 29th of Oct, 2012 by   NOMORETHEFOOL 0 Votes
I have bought several items from Policeauctions.com. I am done. THEY TRULY ARE A SCAM COMPANY. There products are suspicious at best. I was a sucker but no more. Their shipping costs are outrageous. WORST OF ALL THEY USE SCHILLS TO BOLSTER BIDDING. (THEY WILL CLAIM THEY DON'T, BUT THEY DO) IF A PARTICULAR ITEM IS NOT GOING FOR WHAT THEY WANT : THE SCHILLS COME IN AND BID ON IT AT THE LAST SECOND AND WIN. THEN YOU WILL SEE THE SAME ITEM UP FOR SALE AGAIN AT THE END OF THE DAY. POLICE AUCTIONS IS THE WORST !!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

NOMORETHE FOOL
 9th of May, 2013 by   Times r a changin 0 Votes
I too bought items from police auctions. Com. I won one item as only bidder $1.00. Instead of winning, the item disappeared as if it never happened. When I emailed them to question what happened, I got no response. Another time my bid was $3.00 above the closest bid and showed winning at end. All of a sudden they updated auction for about 5 seconds and I lost by $1.00 to someone who never even bid during the In tire time of auction. I was offered second chance buy for higher price. That's when I quit.
 9th of May, 2013 by   NOMORETHEFOOL 0 Votes
Police Auctions are the biggest RIP OFFS ever. I fell victim to their scams What really pissed me off is their use of in house shills to drive prices up and their outrageous shipping charges. Why can't the government do something about these type of companies.
 4th of Dec, 2013 by   leftie 0 Votes
I won a bid on one item worth supposedly $1580 and another over $2500. So I bid on these two items and figured that maybe I could get a good deal from this auction. Long story short, I got scammed royally. When I received both items, they were evaluated at $100 roughly. Far cry from $2500 + !580. Tried to return and never got any reply. I asked my credit card company that I received 2 items which wasn't according to what was described. They said to show them proof. Proof of what ? Its the first time I deal with a credit card company which sides with the seller unless you show them a proof of what the actual bid was. Of course, once yo pay for the item, Police Auction deletes the post. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR A DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM EVEN IF IT IS FREE. You will never get in touch with them and you will lose. I was an idiot but I learnt my lesson.

Shopping By Season