logo

PointShop.co.uk

Posted: 2011-09-22 by    kj72

Scam

PointShop.co.uk
About a month ago i signed up on this site for a 1 day £1.00 VIP membership using my wifes card as my bank hasnt sent me a new one. This site did not mention any other charges or monthly fees. Then suddenly on Wednesday 31st August 2011 pointshop.co.uk took £45 from my wifes card which came out of her child tax credit which we urgently need for our baby. Today i then tried to access my account to cancel the account but they failed to send me a password reminder email which i requested so i cant access the account to cancel it. I also cant phone there phonenumber as its barred from mine and my wifes phone, could someone help me claim the money back and also cancel the account ?
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Dec, 2011 by   Angy1973 +1 Votes
They did the same to me, although I read about the £45 a month charge, I cancelled this within 2 days of signing up so I wouldn't be charged. They still took my £45 & now I am getting ready to fight for it back
 24th of Dec, 2011 by   beccles_cake +1 Votes
Same here! I cancelled within 7 days of the 'free' trial and still got charged £45! The cancellation didn't get processed and they wouldn't refund me as I didn't have a cancellation email from them!! Total, total con artists. Will tell EVERYONE I know to stay away.
 6th of Jan, 2012 by   dorey69 +1 Votes
ive just been done, how do you tackle this, im desperate
 8th of Feb, 2012 by   Wang87 +1 Votes
Same here, I accepted the free trial and unfortuntely given some personal issues overlooked the timeline to cancel by 2 days. They took £25 from my account and refuse to refund it in any form stating that the terms of the agreement are clear for all to see. The latest reply from them read,
"I assure you that you have not been ripped off - we gave you the service we said we would when you purchased the trial and thereafter when your membership turned in to a full VIP membership. Our terms were clearly stated on the landing page of the offer you purchased. Furthermore, I can assure you PointShop is a very reputable company as we provide our serives to well over 7 million members across Europe. I can only reiterate that the terms you accepted yourself were very clear".
Not hopeful of a response though!
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   Empowert +1 Votes
I've just been done by them as well. They did not make it clear at all and I intend to fight back for my money. What a con! Stay away from these scams artists please!
 1st of Mar, 2012 by   missmoneypenny86 +1 Votes
me too how can i get my money back ?
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   Rokkchic +1 Votes
I am going through the disputes department with my bank. Am writing the letter and filling in the forms now. I can't believe that they can get away with this, its disgusting. I had no reciept, filled in no request for Direct Debit, recieved no notification of them taking the money, no invoice. I have not set up a standing order and recieved no service, or product from them. Fair Trading? I don't think so. STAY AWAY!
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   JordyW +2 Votes
Has anyone managed to get their money back?! This is a downright scam!! I now have £3 to live off!! I'm a student, I get £30 a week to live off plus a little savings. If anyone manages it please please please contact me!!!
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by   Diana1988 +1 Votes
They were also able to acquire my card details just an hour ago although luckily it occurred to me to check the legitimacy of the site and found out about these reviews! what i did is i phoned my bank immediately (hours after ive given the pointshop.co.uk site my card details). The bank advised me to block my card (since they cant do anything about a certain company taking money from you once you've given them your card details) and order a new one so it would be rendered useless. This kind of setting is really unfair as no one was ever advised that money will be taken away from their account. If you are reading this while they have not taken money from you yet, it is best to take action now! for the time being, i'm hoping that no charge will ever be made to my account. if ever some charge was still made, the bank advised to contact them back again and push the matter to the disputes department. Hopefully, the people responsible for this scam be punished as deserved.
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   FSS1 0 Votes
Absolutely a rip off company. Got charged £46 for basically nothing. Jeanette or whatever her name is, is refusing a refund and will not even pass me on to anyone else like a manager. Is she the only one who is in this company? Has anyone managed to claim back their money. Probably got 7 million customers through forcing them to subscripe to them!
 12th of Apr, 2012 by   laura80 0 Votes
pointshop.co.uk are a complete scam company obtaining details under false promises. I have never heard of them before and have no idea how they obtained my details, so my bank have just refunded me the full £136 from their fraud investigation department and have now placed pointshop.co.uk under fraud investigation. Just hope it catches up with them eventually!! But just to advise all others that your bank have a responsibility to refund the money if your card details have been taken without your knowledge as these are going through as Point of sale transactions, not direct debits which means it is illegal for them to take money without permission. This is what Natwest bank advised me today and within an hour they refunded the full amount. Then it is their job to try and recover it back from pointshop - Good luck to them i say!!
 15th of Apr, 2012 by   David long 559 0 Votes
yes the same bank as the previous post, nat west refunded the full amount £135 with very little hassle just standard criteria. possibly they are wise to this type of fraud now anyway the way to go is with the bank and let them deal with the fraudsters
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   Mrs annoyed 0 Votes
I have also been ripped off by this company. I cancelled the very same day I joined and a month later they took £45 out of my account. Tried contacting them online several times but have received no reply. I am now going through the dispute process with my bank to get the money back, my bank is now going to keep a check on my account so they cannot take any more money off me. This company is despicable and should be made shut down.
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   eddy1974 0 Votes
I have also had £45 taken and not recieved the toothbrush, in the original email there was nothing to say about taking £45
 1st of May, 2012 by   worseoff 0 Votes
I have just discovered that Pointshop have taken £136 from my account and I have received nothing in exchange. I'm furious. The bank has changed my card and I phoned Denmark to try and get my money back but have had no joy. I email them every day pleading for a compromise out of good will but they say I signed up to their service - I thought I was getting a toothbrush! I'm going to see if Santander are as sympathetic as Natwest. The bit I don't understand is that I did give my card details in order to receive the toothbrush...they say I ticked the box signing up to their terms and conditions, which apparently stated that £45 was going to be taken from my account so am not sure what to say to the bank...Has anyone else had a refund from Santander?
 4th of May, 2012 by   Christine20 0 Votes
I have the same problem as the post above, I am in contact with pointshop every day & they always say the same thing, that I signed up to it. I don't think so!! Money came out of my account on the 28 April, should I still phone the bank or have I left it too late?
 13th of May, 2012 by   harry09 0 Votes
the same thing has happened to me. i thought i was buying a toothbrush for £1 and even though i sent several emails to cancel this as i had not recived the toothbrush within a week now they have taken out £45 this is a real scam and i hope these people are caught and sent to jail
 14th of May, 2012 by   Christine20 0 Votes
I phoned my bank & they wouldn't do anything about it, £46.00 down & no toothbrush, I am constantly contacting pointshop.co.uk & not getting anywhere. I wonder if Jeanette Morgan (customer support) sleeps at night.
 14th of May, 2012 by   Christine20 0 Votes
 21st of May, 2012 by   amandap1987 0 Votes
I was scammed by these people point shop yesterday as i noticed on my bank statement £45 had been taken out of my account and as i did not know where it went i phoned up my bank and the bloke on the phone said its gone to pointshop unaware i did not realise it was a monthly subscription so i decided to delete my account after gaining my password as i had forgotten it and now i have to cancel my card and change bank details now i have heard back from then and was told that i would not get refund so i suggest anybody in my situation please get new bank card and delete your account i thought i was buying a braun toothbrush for a pound ovioiusly not bunch of scammers please do not trust or join upto this site as you will get scammed

Bogus Black Friday Ads