logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
2. (2 mins ago)
Maytag / French Door Refrigerator
Problems with the ice maker!
3. (6 mins ago)
Sodahead
Jim Crow like bias
4. (11 mins ago)
buyephedrinehclonline.com
Seller lies about status of order
5. (14 mins ago)
Levis
Defective material supplied by Levis

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

pnc mortgage, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ANYONE?

pnc mortgage Contacts & Informations

pnc mortgage

Posted:    FEEBUM

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT ANYONE?

Illinois
Becky Fee
Pekin, IL (Near Peoria)
feebum@gmail.com
309-642-2402

I can't find an attorney in my locale that can help me. I need to "go after" PNC Mortgage Company. I've saved a 2-hr. phone call & MANY letters.I've been trying to get answers to where my money went for OVER A YEAR! I was enrolled in the HAMP program WITHOUT MY CONSENT. I've made my regular payments ON TIME EVERY TIME. One PNC dept. told me I was 30 or more days late Sept. Oct. Nov. & Dec. of 2009. THIS IS NOT SO, nor does it reflect on my credit report. I did get behind in my escrow account because in Sept. 2009 I switched Ins. co. to State Farm. I received a refund check from my prior co. MetLife & I spent it. When I realized PNC had already paid MetLife, I immediately paid $300 of it back to my escrow. WHICH THEY ARE NOW TELLING ME WAS PAID TO TO A 3RD PARTY...BUT THEY CAN'T TELL ME FOR WHAT OR WHO OR WHY...I HAVE THIS RECORDED! I should have only been behind on my escrow $700 to no more than $1000. My house payment went up about $130 during that time. Now with the most recent escrow statement, the payment has gone down only $50. One guy at PNC told me he can see a payment I made last year just sitting in the "OTHER" column not applied anywhere. WHY IS THAT?! There have been odd amounts of money bounced around here & there that I don't understand at all. I am tired of telling this story over & over & not getting anywhere. When I last called to speak to someone about the HARP program, I was told I didn't qualify because I didn't have an FHA loan...but I have a Fannie Mae loan! He also said it didn't matter anyway because I wouldn't qualify because of the late payments that are showing in their system. I WANT ALL OF MY QUESTIONS & STATEMENTS ADDRESSED BY THEM. In 2009 I was on unemployment nearly all year & needed help from them then. They suggested the HAMP program, but I DECLINED it & SIGNED NOTHING because the "fine print" said this would reflect negatively on my credit report. THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO ENROLL ME ANYWAY! My house payment is so high now & I WANT answers & refinanced. I need an attorney because I'm not getting anywhere with PNC other than the runaround and transferred back & forth to different people who, in the end, cannot help me. I've been a nervous wreck. Every time I call them I spring an instant migraine. Last year I paid nearly $7, 000 in interest. This year as of now, it's saying over $8k thus far...My loan is now over 4 yr. old. 30 yr. fixed, $98, 000 orig. 7.5% Conventional w/ $78 PMI...Escrow: taxes around $1900/yr. & Insurance around $1, 000/yr...ADVICE??? send to: feebum at gmail dot com
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jan, 2011 by   the fighter 0 Votes
I agree, But who can afford the Attorneys for a Class Action Lawsuit? We have had major problems with PNC, and now they are trying to foreclose after doing a reaffirmation in Ch.7 Bankruptcy!!
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   LIVESTRONG2011 +1 Votes
I'm In... where do we get started???
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   LIVESTRONG2011 +1 Votes
FINALLY HELP HAS ARRIVED- CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED PNC IS GOING TO HAVE TO ANSWER!!
Mortgage-Related Issues and Home Affordable Modification Program

Strange & Carpenter IN LOS ANGELES is investigating mortgage-related issues and whether Wells Fargo; CitiMortgage; American Home Mortgage; Litton Loan Servicing; OneWest Bank; Aurora Loan Services; Ocwen Financial Corp.; Wachovia; Saxon Mortgage Services; and PNC Mortgage are complying with the loan modification requirements of the federal Home Affordable Modification Program ("HAMP"). Please contact us for a free consultation if you are the borrower of a mortgage loan with one of these lenders/loan servicers who applied for and was determined to be eligible for a HAMP loan modification, but did not receive a permanent loan modification.
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   LIVESTRONG2011 0 Votes
Strange & Carpenter-- RE PNC MORTGAGE ... CURRENTLY INVESTIGATION FOR CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT
12100 Wilshire Boulevard,
Suite 1900
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Toll-free: 888-811-3615
Fax: 310-826-3210
Map and Directions
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   Columbus, OH 0 Votes
PNC is doing the same thing to me! I'm in Columbus OH. My relationship with the bank started 10 years ago when it was National City. They were great. Then PNC bought them. I applied for the making home affordable program SEVEN MONTHS ago because of a temporary financial hardship. To this day, I haven't missed a payment nor have I been late. Originally I told them I anticipated a problem and need to figure out a temporary solution. They have lied, ignored me, "lost" my application, booted me out of the system, lost multiple faxes, then told me "that's not our fax number, it must be the number for the individual investigator, " "we've called you many times" (never once have they initiated contact) dozens, possibly over a hundred by now, calls to them, faxes, letters in the mail etc., I don't need to tell you any of this because obviously you already know... every conversation ends with them telling me I have to go into default in order for them to review my application... really? Then why did you just tell me it was taken out of review because of a lost fax????? Why did you tell me there was a principal investigator who gave me the wrong fax number???? Why did you tell me you've been calling me??? Today I was faced with the decision of going into default, and I stumbled across this blog. Thank goodness. I see now what they are trying to do. Is Strange & Carpender making any progress?
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   the fighter 0 Votes
I am challenging their right to ownership! Want help, call Jeff Green at their Executive Office -the number is 1-800-524-9995, you could speak to any representative at that number. For more assistance contact JoAnn Hargrove VP Mortgage Services, she is at the same number or you can write to her at the Miamisburg address. Don't be afraid of this Company. If you have a older contract from National City Mortgage it states you have a "right to mediation" and it will give you the address and everything. They are correct about missing the payments. I had to miss (3) and then they offered me a FHA partial repayment. I lowered my interest and payment. I am not finished with these people! They have not given me my Escrow OverPayment in (7) years! Wheres my money?? They have the wrong address on my promissary note, to include the wrong town!!
Go get them!
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   LIVESTRONG2011 +1 Votes
I have been in constant contact with Strange & Carpenter.. and they are very serious about filing the suit... They are in the process of interviewing all individuals calling or writing them.. I myself have filed suite against them and will be going up against giants soon.. But someone has to take a stand against these entitled crooks!!! OBAMA WTHF! you should be monitoring our hard earned bailout money instead of hiring more IRS agents HELLO!! We are not just numbers in the system...each case is CASE SENSITIVE!

I'M STILL STANDING AND FIGHTING... PAYERS PLEASE..

WILL KEEP ALL WHO ARE INTERESTED UPDATED
 5th of Apr, 2011 by   FEEBUM +1 Votes
This law firm is collecting info on people affected by PNC... CONTACT THEM REGARDING YOUR ISSUE TO BE INCLUDED!! Good luck to all of us!!
Strange & Carpenter
12100 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 1900
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Toll-free: 888-811-3615
Fax: 310-826-3210
 8th of Apr, 2011 by   angelwings1952 0 Votes
We are in Illinois. We are also having trouble with PNC mortgage. After dealing them, I think since the first of the year, we received a letter just the other day rejecting our loan modification, they said because of deficit of income. This is after giving them almost $5, 000 in February to catch up on payments. Now, $6000 later I am just waiting for a foreclosure letter anyway. I know there was one instance that they returned a check because it was a partial payment. They also call all hours of the day and won't leave a message. The only reason i know it is them is I know their phone number which shows up on the caller ID. i have begun to realize that they don't care and probably want the house to go into foreclosure!
 8th of Apr, 2011 by   the fighter 0 Votes
Yes, there is a Law Firm that is starting a Class Action lawsuit. Pay them $4000.00 up front and all fees plus 30% of what they collect!! Don't get caught up in this. A real class action action lawsuit does not require upfront payment!
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   mdmc2556@aol.com 0 Votes
4/26/11 mdmc2556@aol.com
I had National City Mortgage then PNC took over. What a load of crap. My wife had ajob injury that resulted in disability(no attorney would touch it, she work at a city school) so we had to do a loan modification.(HAMP) Another load of crap. They told me to do an in house modification.Another load of crap. Im in chpt 13 And PNC tell my B attorney they didnt recieve my paperwork I sent them in the stamped self addressed UPS envelope they sent me.Now PNC wants me to go back to origal payment of about 1100 dollars and take it within the bankrupsy. My wife has had and still has blood clot issues, she on three types of blood thinners that arent working, and now she has a 7 millimeter kidney stone to deal with .Bless her heart! She shouldnt hsve to worry about a company that wants to take her house on false pretineses.Oh yeah by the way, the money on backpay which was 11, 000(9000 after attny fees) being used on updating badly neede windows, doors guttering and kitchen floor. CAN SOMEONE HELP, PLEASE!
 11th of May, 2011 by   bobbie mcgee 0 Votes
You all have my sincere sympathy as i am also being screwed to the hilt by PNC. After being sliced and diced 5 times in the last 2 yrs. my mortgage is now with PNC. Due to loss of 2 of my three jobs and disability(spine fusion surgery) I qualified and applied for the HAMP. Another load of bullshit. It doesn't exist unless you are an illegal alien. This is more of OBAMA crap. the PNC people have been fighting with me since 2009. At that time i was told i needed to apply for the HAMP and send necessary documents to support my request. I sent them 2 sets of 30 docs. in 2009 and 2 sets again in 2010. I registered all documents all four times and have the receipts where PNC employee signed for them. PNC sends me letters telling me they never received any of the necessary paper work. The last load of crap they decided to put me in forbearance and "lowered " the monthly payment by $200.00 Big help as loss of income was over $1500.00 per month. Last Fri. I received a letter explainning how they arrived at the forbearance amount. In letter they decided that I must be paid semi monthly so they doubled my monthly income and decided I could pay $2026.64 per month instead of $2188.49 they should all be in jail;
 12th of May, 2011 by   tmk65 0 Votes
This is not nearly of the magnitude as most of the other posts, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems with bogus late fees being imposed on them. I made a payment via priority mail, with delivery confirmation, that was delivered a day before it's due date. They still imposed a $94 late fee on me, and despite my proof of delivery, they have been unwilling, thus far, to waive the charge. On another occassion, I used the wrong coupon and my payment was $68 short (because of the wrong coupon), and they again imposed the $94 late fee. They could be making a lot of money if they are doing this to everyone.
 18th of May, 2011 by   Jaclynamw 0 Votes
In my experience, in a class action case, attorney fees and other associated fees are strictly on a contingency basis. The law firm pays all the costs and expenses for the litigation only to be repaid upon successful completion of the case and from the proceeds won in the case. No costs or expenses will be expected to be paid by you individually. Majority of personal injury attorneys work much the same way. If there is an award, the attorneys are then paid first then class's are paid. That is why they spend a great deal of time (sometimes years) investigating claims before they take on a class action. Many class actions are extremely expensive and can take years to resolve...they must be convinced that it is worth their efforts. If you are involved in a class action, and you are asked to pay ANYTHING, at any point...run and find a reputable attorney.
 28th of May, 2011 by   ninostchka 0 Votes
I also had my mortgage with National City and then PNC took over the loan. I have applied to have my loan modified because the first modification program was an adjustable one. Now my loan is going to increase this September and again next September. PNC keeps telling me that I lack sufficient income and basically has said drop dead. If I can't afford the current payments right now, how do they expect me to manage an increase of over $400. I have contacted my senators and hope they can help. It is a damn shame because I have lived in my home for over 33 years. These crooks need to go down.
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   tdouglas 0 Votes
We were with National City Mortgage before PNC took over. It has been nothing but a nightmare ever since. We asked them for help several years ago before we were even behind and were told that we would have to be at least three payments behind before we could apply for the Modification. So the only other choice was to do a forbearance. It was the biggest mistake we ever made...the only help we received out of it was three months of partial payments and a year and a half of repayments that were way more than our original payment. We finally made it past that and now find out that we have $1388.00 worth of late payment fees that we were never told about (even though I have spoken with and maid payment arrangements with many, many agents there over the past several years). According to PNC paying one late fee per monthly payment is not enough...we are to add an extra late fee to each payment in order to stay ahead...even though EVERY SINGLE PAYMENT THAT WAS PAID PAST THE 15TH INCLUDED A LATE FEE!!! How is this legal?????
 21st of Nov, 2011 by   Michelle in Seattle 0 Votes
OMG! I have had it with these crooks!
Amazing! In July 2010 we were able to make online payments. However, in August we magically couldn't make our regular online payments. We didn't know it didn't go through until we got our late notice. We sent 2 checks to them (August and September.) They cashed the checks and then in October they sent us back a check totalling the 2 checks. Then we got a letter from their lawyers sending us to collections! We had to bring them a cashier's checks for the amount that they sent us! (Are you confused yet?)
We sent our October check in thinking everything was good. Wrong again. We got another letter saying we were 3 months behind. WTF? We called to tell them that they had every payment. They said they never got the money from their lawyers so they wanted 4 months of mortgage payments right away or we will be foreclosed on. We have copies of EVERYTHING!!! We have NO IDEA what to do from here.
After this heated conversation we were told to call back on Monday morning. Then we get the mail and find ANOTHER check from them for the last month that we just paid. I have no idea if I should send them 2 months worth of mortgage payments or not. What I want to do is get another bank to give us the money to refinance. Unfortunately, our credit is shot now that they have screwed us for the past year!
 21st of Jan, 2012 by   ladyblue4x4 0 Votes
I agree with all of you I am having problems with them to. We were with National City before for they went belly up. We have filed chapter 13 and it has been a nightmare ever since. Called and spoke to the CSR in the bankruptcy department and I asked were all the funds are over $7000.00, and why they have not been applied to our account due to the 2011 interest statement that they just sent us is incorrect. They are stating that we only paid just over $7000 in interest for 2011. We paid well over $11, 000 in 2010. The CSR stated that the funds from September 2011 to January 2012 has been in another account and she would have to see why these funds have not been applied to the account. 1. this is going to F^&* out taxes up. 2. This means that for 5 months I am paying the same interest on a 211, 000 mortgage and the principal has not been going down. Today this just applied 5 months worth of payment that they said was in "an other account" and they applied it all to 2012. My taxes are screwed...
 22nd of Apr, 2013 by   L Ayers 0 Votes
I'm in agreement, major problems with PNC. My husband and I have our mortgage and equity reserve line of credit with this company, both originally obtained through National City. We have never been late with either. Obtained our equity in 2005, which was a conventional loan for 120 months. In 2006 I made a phone call inquiring about our balance not going down. I spoke with a customer service rep, who gave me several options, I didn't except any of these options. Went on to pay our loans as usual. In February 2013 we received our statement for our equity line, the minimum payment was the balance, $19, 000.00+. I immediately call them asking them what was going on, to which of course I was told to call back on a Monday. I did so and was transferred to multiple reps. None of which could help me. I continued to call and had several reps told me they could not help me because we were not past due. As I explained our situation multiple times to different reps, no one would help. I called again and had one rep tell me we would have to default before they could help us.

My husband is disabled due to degenerative hips/back, he worked for 20+ yrs with this issue. He lost his job in 2008 and we have still been making our payments on time. I made repeated calls to no avail. I finally mailed a letter to the CEO & President of PNC. I received a call from Chuck Shearer with PNC, who continues to tell me that there was a phone called made and their notice to us was on the bill dated March 2006. I again explained that we did not authorize this. There were no papers signed by us but they changed the loan. I asked for a copy of the recording, because as you all know they record every call, to which he could not do because they don't have it. I've asked him several times if his company had any transcripts or recordings regarding this so called phone call, again he continues to tell me they don't have that. He also stated that obviously National City Mortgage allowed changes to be made via phone.

They are asking that we do a settlement package. I feel if we do this settlement we are saying that we were wrong and made a mistake. I can't do that because we did not make a mistake. How can anyone have a conventional loan, then decide to call asking for interest only and have the balance to pay in 7 years. We didn't have the money in 2006 and knew we wouldn't be able to pay it in 7 yrs.

We have consulted an attorney because we did not authorize this change in our loan. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues.
 14th of May, 2014 by   Crafter415 0 Votes
I am a realtor for a buyer trying to get a VA loan. What a JOKE... they ask for documents over and over (the same ones- can't find them)??? Asked for flood insurance (doesn't need it). Asked for pest inspection (not needed), not water tests for things that are not needed (even sent info from the county info, DNR, EPA, VA) and still say need it for their "guidelines"... Come on guys. This is the Veterans guidelines!!! Buyers gave notice on their rental, so have no place to go. WAY OVERDUE ON CLOSING DATE and still don't know if got loan.

They have pieced this whole thing together little by little instead of sending out a whole package to have done for the loan. Supervisors cover the asses of their employees (of course). Still waiting for the banking commission to see what's going on. PNC won't reply to buyer or realtor on status... Nice communication! NOT!!!

DO NOT GO HERE FOR A LOAN!!! (Illinois branch for sure). Is this how you treat your veterans?????? and, of course, others. Stupidty is beyond comprehension.

Few Tips How to Buy a Foreclosure