logo

SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Planet Engine rebuilding, Bloomington, California Complaints & Reviews - Poor job, workmanship and practice

Planet Engine rebuilding Contacts & Informations

Planet Engine rebuilding

Posted: 2011-01-29 by    Bobval

Poor job, workmanship and practice

Plant Engine rebuilding
2212 S. Vista Dr
Bloomington, California
Phone: 909-873-9100
They performed the classic bait and switch with the cost, quality and service. Originally was supose to cost $1495 for complete rebuild. Final cost $2500, plus another $400 in costs after the improper work was done.
My engine had 255, 000 miles and ran perfect. I just wanted to rebuild it before it dies...nothing was wrong with the car it was perfect (2003 jeep grand cherokee).
Problems:
1. Engine head/lifter metalic knocking noise. Very loud like a diesel engine. Its pretty sad sounding.
2. new leakage in coolant line.
3. Clanking noise (occasionally) when starting the engine.
4. They syphoned my gas
5. Drove back countless times, but they acted like they could not hear any noise, and they recommmended I take it to the dealer to see what they say.
6. Took the jeep to the dealer and they said something is wron with the lifters, rockers, timeing chain or something in the head. I had to pay $100 for that analysis. To find out exactly what is causing the nise will cost me $300 more dollars.
7. Planet engines will not show me the reciepts for all of the parts they charged me for.
8. Automotive consumer affairs did great on reporting but that is all they can do. Even if I take them to court I may never get my money back, or they may keep my car for months without ever doing anything. I have heard horror stories about this type of thing.
9. Suposedly I have a 6year warranty, but they will not even fix the car after 2 weeks. It has been several months now and they have not agreed to do anything.

DO YOURSElf A FAVOR "DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN THIS POSITION". FIND A DIFFERENT SHOP TO REBUILD YOR ENGINE. ENGINE MASTERS IS THE OWNER OF PLANET ENGINES, SO I WOULD AVOID THEM AS WELL.
bob (abcxyzeng@aol.com) 1-29-11
Comments United States Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Planet Engine rebuilding complaints