logo

Pioneer Military Lending Contacts & Informations

Pioneer Military Lending

Posted:    deelace

False Advertising

This company claims to be all about helping soldiers. Not. I was being medically discharged from the army after 19 years service and trying to get my financial affairs in order. After six attempts to contact Pioneer Lending by both phone and email, someone called me and told me that a loan specialist would call and could help me make alternate payment arrangements. The next day, a rude, ignorant female bill collector called from Pioneer and threatened to destroy my credit if I couldn't pay as agreed ($240 a month for six years on a $4000 loan). They didn't care that I was disabled and that my only income would be a small disability pension. This awful company continues to lure soldiers into taking out loans that have exorbitant interest rates and then refusing to help them when they run into problems. They should be barred from making loans to military personnel.

Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of May, 2011 by   GM3 0 Votes
this bank is ran by computer systems. I am surprised that they can even find anyone to pick up the phone and take incoming calls. It takes about 3 days for them to answer the phone though. This is just the icing on the cake with this bank however. I have had two loans with this bank, of which both were fully paid off, however during the time I had the 2nd loan they stopped reporting my payments and I had to dispute them to all three credit companies so that they would start reporting my current status and bumping my credit to where it should have been. This company only cares about finding soldiers and sailors who need a little cash fast and giving them a large interest rate as well as throwing in a few debt protection and military blah blah blah dollars in on your loan hoping you won't catch on when you hit accept. This last time I figured I would just see what the bank would offer us now that we paid off two full loans with them. ha ha get this the bank offered me the same amount as before with a tiny bit lower interest rate but higher payments. Opened up the view full details and seen that they were trying to stick me with a refinance on my most previous loan I had just paid off in full a month before the application was put in. I called them and they appologized and said they would send an email to the loan officers to get that amount taken off and that they agreed I shoudn't be paying for something that was paid off. I get an email an hour later asking for bank statements showing my last payment with them on my previous loan. So I sent that to them and also sent them their own paperwork and the paid in full sheet that I recieved on the site after the loan was paid off. ha ha ha okay sorry I just started to realize at this point that this bank had to be ran by computers and the computer couldn't acknowledge the screw up or the people who work there are complete idiots because I logged back on today and they had finalized everything except I went in to view full details and the corrupt scumbags tried to add the refinance on there again. I canceled my app and sent them their own email saying that the issue was taken care of and no refinace would be added to the loan application. Wonder what they will say??? This is the worst bank ever. Do not get swindled into using their company for fast cash. GO to marine corp relief society and get assistance before you ever use Pioneer military loans. OHHHHHH and go into the legal office on base and ask for a list of lenders they warn military members to stay away from, guess who is at the top of that list!!! yup Pioneer
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   PioneerSUCKS 0 Votes
I agree 200%. This company is horrid. My husband and I have paid off several of their loans, and currently my husband is being forced out due to his dead end Army MOS, and lack of progression past E5. Yes, he is getting severence, and yes we will be using that to be DONE with this company. We both signed up for debt protection on these loans, and they seem to find a loop hole to keep themselves in your pockets.

Obviously any of us with a Loan understand that it is a debt we need to pay for, and you simple minded people who live obliviously in a land filled with rainbows, butterflies, and what not, who think that hard times don't happen, can pull your head out of your you know what. They threaten your security clearance, your credit (which doesn't make sense, if you took out a loan from these scoundrels in the first place, you probably don't have great credit), and numerous other things.

YOUNG ENLISTED:
Please take it from me, and the rest of us, do NOT take loans from these people. You might think you need this to build your credit, but there are other, safer ways to do so, say, starting with your own financial institution. I sure wish I did.

I have been harrassed, cussed out, threatened, you name it. By several different people. I wrote a cease and decist letter, and sent them my email address and mailing address. I refuse to speak to anyone over the phone for that simple fact. If they want to contact me, they will do so in writing, that way it is documented, so in the event they mess up just once, I will nail them to the wall.

Here is one woman who is horrid, let me know if you have dealt with her: Dawn McGrew. She is the only one who contacted me by email after the nasty phone calls. The man who called me is probably the same one some of you have had the "pleasure" of speaking with.

I also second the class action lawsuit against bad debt collection practices. If anyone hears of this, feel free to let me know
 18th of Aug, 2011 by   bigwhineybaby 0 Votes
I went through the process with these people, and have had no problems. I did happen to ask the lady behind the counter "what happens when my loan is paid off?" She told me that nothing would happen. She told me that I would have to end the allotment. I asked her what would happen theoretically if I were deployed when the loan was payed off, and she told me that i would continue making that payment every month until the allotment is ended. When I asked her if someone would be reimbursed for overpaying at any period of time, and without even batting an eyelash, the lady shrugged and said no.
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   pcink 0 Votes
my husband got a loan from them everything was good until we moved we ask them if we can have an our first extention
they said not a problem.now i talk to the guy myself then next thing my husband came home and told me they called his work saying
we were not paying after we talk to them thank god our payments are almost over would never go there again.beware they will try to ruined your career
instead of helping are drops there bringing them down
 12th of Oct, 2011 by   spanknspud 0 Votes
My husband and I took out a loan from pioneer over 16 months ago for 1800. Not once have we been late on our payments however much to my suprise I found out today that after a over 1700 dollars in payments we still owe and amazing 1100! And that is without the interest that will continue to be attatched! How in the world can this be? I was astounded! I have called the company in the past to ask if we could pay the loan off in one solid payment to finally be done and over with this horrible company and was told that it WAS NOT ALLOWED! The interest alone is killing us as a family of 5 with an E4 salary. It is true, our credit is not the best, but as a company advertising to help the military and the military family we expected much more respect and integrity! This is not an complaint from a family that is not accepting our responsibilty. We have fully taken on all payments and have done so in the manner scheduled by these leaches! I just hope this message reaches at least one employee so that you can see that you should be disgusted and ashamed of yourselves for treating Americas veterans and heroes in such a manner.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   timreeves911 0 Votes
I have an account with Pioneer as well. For a long time, I have been paying for it with an allotment. I informed them a month before I EAS'ed that I would be leaving the Marine Corps with an honorable discharge and that I would be paying monthly bill through check once I received my final pay from the USMC. They agreed and let me know we were all set. Well, I received a call from someone at Pioneer last week that my account was past due in the amount of 600+ dollars. This is impossible as the last alloment paid was in
September for over 300. I had a prequalification letter for a mortage and now I can't enter an agreement of sale because they reported this alleged "late payment" to the credit bureau, dropping my score OVER 30 POINTS! I am trying to figure out what to do. My income is much lower at this point, as I am still waiting on a disability rating from the VA and just started my new job. I really do not want to pay this extra amount. I have no problem paying off this loan, but to report a late payment that was never late is ridiculous and makes me want to not pay them at all. Also, they told me I was in breach of contract due to my allotment stopping after I TOLD them I was gettting out of the Marine Corps. Nowhere in this contract did it state I had to stay in as I had the required amount of service left on contract to get the loan in the first place. What can I do??
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   LaTeacha coleman 0 Votes
My problem with Pioneer is that they have taken out 2 payments this month and lied by saying we set it up. We asked them to show us proof no one could. Then they claim they didn't have our checking account number which is totally false because that's were they sent the money for the loan. They are refusing to acknowledge that they made a mistake and took it out of our account.
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   noelle67 0 Votes
I am not a Pioneer employee and I haven't dealt with them on a missed payment issue. However from what I am reading most of these complaints appear to be a failure to comply with the terms of the loan as well as a failure to read. I have just taken out a loan with them in an effort to rebuild my credit. I wasn't pleased with the 24% interest rate but I realize it's the price I have to pay for having a bankruptcy on my credit due to divorce. NO ONE else would give me a loan even with property as collateral. In addition I was charged a $426 loan origination fee which was disclosed in the terms before I clicked accept. In an effort to limit some of the interest I have made a $4500 payment so that when my bill generates I am only paying interest on $1000. Now if they are being rude in their services WHEN you become late that's wrong. All of my dealings with them have been courteous and professional.
 5th of Oct, 2012 by   anthonyaa 0 Votes
I had a loan for $6000. in 2008. I went through some hard times and stopped paying off and on for an entire year. I've paid a total of $6050 in payments, in fact my last payment was when i returned from Afghanistan, I sent them $2000 in hopes of re-opening the account and getting it out of there collections because I want to get them off my credit. After sending them some money to show good faith ($2000) they are not willing to work with me because I cant afford to send them another payment of $750. I can send money but not that much so they replied that I know owe $8, 500 in full and will not communicate with me until I have the money. Like I said before, over the past 3 1/2 years I've paid a total of $6050 for a $6, 000 loan and somehow I owe $8, 500. They kill you on interest and late fees, they are the biggest rip off of my entire life and biggest mistake on my part. Do not borrow from them.
 5th of Oct, 2012 by   anthonyaa 0 Votes
also, if there is anyone here saying anything good about pioneer they are an empoyee, let me tell you why. Ask yourself, have you ever gone to a complaint website to go and say something good? Duh, of course not, I have a great relationship with my auto finance company Capitol One but I have never been suddenly interested in going to a complaint website to say something good about them. Come on really? Please, I will keep posting, stay away from this company no matter how bad you need the money, especially if you need the money because you are less likely to pay them back and get stuck in there never ending payments due to sky high interest and late fees.
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   th!sman 0 Votes
Don't accept this new amount. Just don't. From now on you need to document everything if you have not been doing that. You need to have complete evidence of the payments you have made, up to date. There's no way the new owed amount is now suddenly something they pull out of their backsi... I mean somewhere. You need to start recording all your phone calls with them. But the best way to deal with them is by CMRRR. Once you are organized like this if they sue you tell them great! At least you have a chance to deal with intelligent form of human life-the judge, went to college you know unlike the debt collectors. Then tell the judge the same story. But here's my bet as long as you have not refused to make a payment towards the legitimate amount owed even the collector knows they don't have a case and they do not have any grounds to sue. Continue making a payment of whatever you can. And BTW that throws their computer systems into an LOL confusion.

Anyway you need to educate your good self on your consumer rights under federal laws first, FDCPA and FCRA. Hit google on these:-
1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick.

Goodluck!
 27th of Oct, 2012 by   Lumajomo 0 Votes
All good info. Thanks for keeping me from screwing myself
 27th of Oct, 2012 by   Lumajomo 0 Votes
Thanks for the heads up
 5th of Jan, 2013 by   INFscout 0 Votes
This company is horrible. Made 2 payments on accident in a month and per my bank BOTH of them cleared. Their online system sucks so I realized 2 payments went through. They refunded one of them. After receiving the refund, one of the other payments should have posted to my account. nope. They said that they didn't receive the other payment aka where the hell did it go??! Both cleared, and per my bank statement I received one back. No payments were ever posted to my account and they denied anything regarding the other payment my bank said went through. WTH! No accountability with the payments. The customer rep tried to make me sound like I was an idiot. I don't fricking get it. Damn sharks out there. I appreciate the loan, but I don't appreciate the horrid customer care and non-existent financial accountability.
 27th of Feb, 2013 by   Beyondpissedoff 0 Votes
I was a victim of identity theft. The person took a loan out through Pioneer Military Loans using my stolen military identification. Pioneer allowed the person to do this without checking for valid information on the application submitted. As of 2006, my credit was cleared of this, so I thought. The past few months I've been getting alerts from this company and I found out they allowed the person that stole my identity to start making payments on the loan they open with my identification because she said her identity was stolen. I still don't get this! What kind of crap is this? The best answer I can get is...it's cheaper for us to accept payments from her to than to pursue legal actions against her. Even though they suspected her using the identity of at least two other service members. People, stay away from these people!!! This post alone should be enough to let you know this is not a good business.
 29th of Mar, 2013 by   Cydney1 0 Votes
That's why I stopped caring and stopped the allotment, I always pay pioneer and always get the loan refinanced. They're not that helpful after awhile. I've been with them since 2006. I find omni more helpful than pioneer.
 10th of May, 2013 by   th!sman 0 Votes
You should have taken out a ploice ID theft report. Then pursue the matter with the police, FBI, to have the thief arrested, stick it to pioneer for their demented attitude. Don't forget the credit bureaus so that all your records may be purged of this theft. Do everything in writing CMRRR.
 27th of May, 2013 by   MelissaLong 0 Votes
Let me start by saying that I agree with you regarding the laws which are supposed to protect military people. But how about looking at this situation from the entirely different angle? How about letting military making their own decisions? Because surely it is totally up to them whether they want to or simply do not want to apply for loan.They are grown people and they must know how to handle such cases as their personal finance for instance! And there is also the third aspect, of course. The government has to create conditions where military do not need to look for financial aid in the first place.
 13th of Jun, 2013 by   tangyorange 0 Votes
My husband and I got a trip home through Easy Military Travel who financed the trip through Pioneer Loans in Dec. 2012. We ended up not using Easy Military Travels services and ask that the financing be cancelled which they told us that everything was handled on their end, cancel the allotment, etc which we did. Six months down the road in June of 2013 a rep from Pioneer by the name of Nate Hamilton begins to contact me about our loan and that it was six months past due. He also stated that he has spoken to me numerous times in the past six months about this issue and that I never return his calls. I told him that I didn't even know who he was and I had never talked to him until that moment. I explained the situation that we had cancelled the financing with them, never received anything from either company, and we were under the impression everything was dealt with six months ago. If an account is so past due why are you not sending letters if you have our information as well as my husband's unit information? But rather calling six months after the whole thing happened. He then proceeded to tell me that I need to speak with my husband and call him back that day. We spoke to Easy Military Travel the same day and they said everything had been cancelled and nothing had been financed. Mr. Hamilton ended up calling me back and asked what we planned to do about the balance on the account. I told him there should be no balance as Easy Military Travel said that paperwork had been sent over but there was never a loan distributed because of the cancellation. Mr.Hamilton then begins to tell me that my husband could be in a world of hurt if his unit found out(They were already aware of the situation) and that he could get kicked out of the military if this problem isn't taken care of. He then hung up on me and called my mother asking questions about myself and my husband. I called him back and he refused to speak to me other than to tell me the account is about to be charged off because we refuse to pay and have a nice day. I called back and requested to see the loan documents that were sent over. Today, June 13, 2013 I spoke to a Carolyn who told me she would be sending me the loan documents. After looking at the loan documents from Pioneer and the original loan documents from Easy Military Travel we realized that the my husband's signature on the Pioneer document is completely different from the signature on the Travel documents. I got in contact with a Ms.Dare who works in the fraud department who told that my husband must of signed two different documents and that its not her problem. I explained to here that we only signed one set of documents and that was with Easy Military Travel. She was very rude and hung up on me. She then called back, left me a voicemail that contained enough attitude to get a teenager through her teen years. The voicemail stated that she couldn't help us if I continue to hang up on her and to actually just have my husband call her as it was his account. Do you really think I'm going to have my husband call someone who has been nothing but rude to me after being at work for 12 plus hours? I think not! Once I called back to speak to a supervisor I was transferred around, hung up on, told by one person we didn't have a loan, another told me that it was about to be charged off, another told me that it was charged off and I needed to contact the third party collections agency.(Surprisingly no one could tell me the collection agency's contact information) I'm still waiting on someone to call me back to tell me what is going on since every story seems to change in the five minutes that I'm hung up on and I call back. I understand every business has to make money but being rude isn't the way to make money at all. Threatening people isn't the way to do it either. Especially if you can't even keep your stories straight. They don't have their customer's best interest in mind. Doesn't matter if they are military or not
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   rws2383 0 Votes
We made our payment ahead of time and they still ran a payment 2 more times causing two overdraft fees even though they had the payment in their system cleared. We called and the lady said for us to bring in bank statement and the would refund our overdraft. Well we did and the lady in the store argued and got all worked up and wouldn't allow us to speak saying they were not responsible. She offered to call the bank and I asked her to do so and she wouldn't. She knows they are responsible for our overdrafts but says we are at fault for making our payment early. Now who knows anyone that complains about their bill being payed before the due date?

Shop on Small Business Saturday