Pinnacle Credit Services

Pinnacle Credit Services
7900 Highway 7
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Phone: (952) 939-8100
Pinnacle apparently acquired an old debt (they say the original creditor was CitiBank) that is attached to my social security number. (The validity of the account is still in question). The date of the first delinquency is noted as 12/2002, making this account 6 years and 10 months old and will be eligible for complete removal from my credit report once it reaches seven years old. Pinnacle, however, marked the account as new in July of 2009 and falsely reported a 90 day late as of September 2009! I verified with the Federal Trade Commission that this activity is in fact illegal as "re-aging" an old debt breaks the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, as well as with the BBB. I have also written Equifax asking they remove the 90 day late and complete removal of account come December, as the account will have reached the Statute of Limitations. When I call Pinnacle, they refer me to the Law Office of Lawrence Hecker who has a very rude collector answer his phone. What a nightmare.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

17th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
Took 49.95 from my checking account without my ok.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Pinnacle Credit Service - Bought my account from NSCB after I filed Bankruptcy!
Rick Wilson
834 W. 4th St.
Marysville
Ohio

Back in 2005 my wife and I filed Bankruptcy. All of our unsecured debts were included but NSCB sold my account to Pinnicale Credit Services after they recieved info about our bankruptcy. We are nearly out of the bankruptcy and have asked our trustee for permission to refi our house, which was granted. However Pinnicale reports we have defaulted on a loan. What can I do to get this off of my credit report? I have already called Pinnicale but they have never returned any of my calls.
 13th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
My wife has just run into the same problem reporting a citi bank that has been paid off though she has no pay off letter. Any information on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated. The Law office Pinnacle turned this into is very rude and wants to hear nothing about it being paid off. Please E mail mrgq4126@yahoo. com if you have any information on how to resolve this issue.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree