logo

Posted: 2011-07-21 by    PamC123

Incompetent Vet

Cenla Animal Clinic/Dr. Roland Pilat
Pineville, Louisiana
I WOULD NEVER USE THIS VET EVER AGAIN. This concerns Cenla Animal Clinic and Dr. Roland Pilat. I brought my dog to him as a puppy. He was the vet for my puppy's breeder. I asked him at the time of the initial examinaton the day I bought the puppy if he had entropian. He said no. I was unfamiliar with the condition; I just knew it was common in certain breeds. My puppy did have entropian at that time. I believe he failed to inform me because the breeder was present and he did not want to run the risk of offending her and losing her business. At the age of 4 months he performed entropian surgery on the puppy. I later discovered the puppy was too young for the surgery as his head had not stopped growing. The eyes should have been tacked. As soon as the puppy recovered, he had to do another entropian surgery on one of the eyes because he did not correct the entropian with the first surgery. He did this because I complained about it. He was very rough in how he handled the puppy. He would have his staff hold the puppy down in a way that caused the dog to fight and struggle. He remarked to me that this could lead to the death of the dog due to the release of lactic acid. After about a year I stopped using him and consulted an attorney regarding the entropian surgeries. Dr. Pilat admitted to the attorney that he performed the surgeries incorrectly, which resulted in the scarring of one of the corneas. He agreed to refund the amount he charged me for ther surgeries. However, he later changed his mind after speaking with his insurance company. I filed a complaint with the Louisiana Verterinary Board. They wrote me a letter chastising me for even suggestion that Dr. Pilat had done anything wrong. I did not have the money to sue him. I now use Kees Park Animal Clinic in Pineville, LA, and they are great.
Comments United States Animal/Pet Hospitals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

5 Ways to Stop Foreclosure