logo

FALSE ADVERTISING, FRAUD

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Picture Me Photo Studio at Walmart, Marietta, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Costs of pictures & package sizes

Picture Me Photo Studio at Walmart Contacts & Informations

Picture Me Photo Studio at Walmart

Posted:    Cindy

Costs of pictures & package sizes

Marietta, Ohio
Phone: 740-376-9030
I have always used Walmart Photo studio to have my children photographed. I usually purchase the advertised package and the smallest package of extra pictures available. I can't see the point in purchasing photos I don't need. This package used to cost around $40. Today when in the studio after my daughter was photographed I was informed that the smallest available package was at the astonishing price of $80. I was not happy to say the least. Then I asked about their disk with all the photos and was informed that the disks were $120. Personally I think this is quite riduculous and I propable will not return to their studios. I only hope that the studio would understand the need for smaller packages to people who do not need as many photos as they want to see me.
Comments United States Photo Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Nov, 2008 by   former employee -1 Votes
ok incase you havent heard, the "walmart portrait studio" was bought out by Picture Me! in may of 2007. Walmart portrait studio was on film and half the time the pictures turned out horrid. When picture me took over, they upgraded to digital photography and along with the upgrade in photography also means that the price goes up. The picture quality is better and well worth the price. I know i started to work at picture me right before they went digital and everyone complains about the price but with the number of complaints of messed up portraits from film its well worth it to upgrade both the photography and the price
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   Court -1 Votes
I don't know if they have a special or not but the photo discs here are $39.99, and not $120. We also bought the bigger $200 package and it didn't change the price.
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   donna -1 Votes
I took my grandkids to Walmart last week for a 3:30 apt. At 4:30 they finaly took us back. They were overbooked and had only one person working. About 4:20 another employee showed up. Also when I asked about the CD that I've always bought for around $10.00, I was told I could get it at $10.00 with a purchase of $50.00 and it would only have one picture on it. Without $50.00 in pictures it would cost me $49.00 for one picture and $99.00 for all pictures on the cd and enhancments. Well Walmart can keep the cd and goodbye to the photo studio. I'll use Target or Sears from now on.
Donna in Texas
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   AtreiyuSwift -1 Votes
No the CDs do cost $120 for the full version. Sometimes they have specials on them if you buy them with a bigger package you can get them discounted. Or daily specials sometimes. But No they always cost around 100-120 depending if you get enhancements or not. And these CDs are FULL DIGITAL QUALITY. You can actually print and expect good quality. It's not like the shitty CDs they had before when they were film. And these CDs have the copy write releases from the company allowing you to print them at 3rd party companies.
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   Melissa -1 Votes
I have had mostly good experiences at Picture Me. I have had one bad experience but I guess it all depends on how many people they have working and who is taking the pictures. I have had many good pictures taken there and I think there prices are pretty reasonable. I have never bought the photo cd but if it is $120, that is outrageous. Most people probably have their pictures done at Wal-mart in the first place because like everything else, they are usually the cheapest. Portrait Innovations is a really good place to have pictures done and their prices are comparable to Picture Me's.
 18th of May, 2010 by   budgetconsumer -1 Votes
the cd price goes down the more you spend 120 is a good price for a cd with a copywrite most studios cds start at 200
 20th of May, 2011 by   angeltinkham 0 Votes
in the package for $139.99, can someone tell me how many poses you get? they just told me the prices and not how many poses.
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   Reise 0 Votes
Save yourself the time and hassle. Consult with a REAL photographer in your area and not some stock run corporation you find while picking up toilet paper and condoms. We as REAL freelance photographers give better images along with original images. Hell, the cd with ALL images are given to my customers plus we take the time to actually sit down and edit each and every photo one by one. In a one hour session, typically I give my customers a collection of 50-70 images to choose from. I charge $150 for the first hour and drive to any location that works best with the best natural setting. Get that at Wal-mart or any other "STUDIO X" in the country. $150 may be steep but thats what you get for unlimited printing. Support your local community and hire a local freelance photographer and not some giant chain store "studio" We are more willing and understanding than stores are and can probably do 100 times better than they can as well. Our camera's are our life not our 9-5.

You Can Mix Your Own Laundry Detergent and Save!

Latest Groups