Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Posted: 2015-02-23 by

Philips Smart TV gets hanged

Philisp TV
Istanbul, Turkey
I bought a Philips 46pfl4908k model smart TV. It is so slow so that it need 15-20 seconds to change the channels. When I try to change the channels one after another, the TV gets hanged and I have to unplug it and than turn on again. When I open it, it takes about 2 minutes!!! I called Philips and wanted to change the TV with an other one or to return, they told me that Philips smart TV's runs slow like mine. And they told me that is not a fault therefore they won't change with a new one or accept the return. Hundreds of consumer has wrotten their complaint about that issue on Turkish complaint boards, but the company doesn't care about it. I payed too much mony for that TV, because I'd blieved that Philips is a high quality brand and care abou it's customer satisfactions. So I don't now what to do :-(
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Turkey Complaint category TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Philips - Poor customer service!

Sent LCD Monitor in warranty for repair,got it back with the same problem,sent again in April, no Monitor back (August Now), bad customer service, no help at all. Just waist so much time with this people on the phone, just terrible.
I will NEVER deal with them or buy another product from them EVER again.
 30th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Infact i am also facing similar problem with philips servicecentre Galaxy Electronics at Ghatkopar. I had given them a system to repair on 9th of April 2007. Spoken to thier seniors but they seems to be least bother about customer satisfaction.
 20th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
My Water purifier model no wp 3890/ 91, purchased on 20 jan 08 is not functioning due to defuse UV bulb, called several times to call centres even Galaxy in mumbai ghatkopar, twice the representative came to my place one told circuit is gone another told UV bulb is gone, till now there has been no feedback from your side, I would definitely will never ever recommend philips to anybody nor would buy anything philips product in future.due to poor after sales service.your Galaxy staff in mumbai ghatkopar surely needs to behave politely over phone they are so rude, I feel like i have comitted some sort of crime the way they talk.
It will be great if you do the needfull as soon as possible...hoping favourable response...
Thanks.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Philips - Stay away!
philips.com

Stay away from this set. Owned this TV for 24months (under warranty) breaks every six to seven months from sound to no video and bad power supply.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Philips - Awful product
philips.com

Totally unreliable due to constant loss of signal and the need to reset the box. Absolutely useless if you use it to record programs because you can never be sure that it is not going to crash before the set time.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Philips - Terrible customer service
philips.com

Do not let it your Philips SA5125/37 2GB go dead because if you do all heck breaks loose and their support site sucks!
 19th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Philips - television repair
India

I bought a PHILIPS 21" flat screen tv from Giriyas, Coimbatore 4 years back. TV stopped functioning on June 2009. When called for service in the authorized centre, It was said that IC failed and has been ordered for replacement cost around Rs 2500. After 3 mo nths, they returned the board, saying model spare Ic is currently not available in market. Now we are advices to go for a new TV by authorised service centre for PHILIPS.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Philips - LCD TV
Arizona

I just bought a 47 inch LCD from target 3 months ago. Philips tells me because it is last years model I am out of luck. I will never buy another product fromn them again. I will also tell and post everyone and board I know about them. The tv is 3 months old and already goes to a black screen when you turn it on.
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Philips - My case was pending since January 2008, but nor reply coming from the service center nor head of the north zone head
philips.com

My case was pending since January 2008, but nor reply coming from the service center nor head of the north zone head. He is also telling me that they are doing or picking my system within day or two and also I am also following up with him since last 1 month but no rply from that side.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Philips - Delay Of Repairing TV Set
Philips india
India

Regarding Television Repairing copmplaint on 28/8/2010 999981300408960, still now pending till date .Last 4th August technician Came to AmarColony Philips Service Center and Taken main PCB Board For repairing & say After two days He came to back Or Resolve it .but Now today it willbe pending say Parts is not Available .
Please Do the need full
regartds
Anurag Gupta
 14th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Philips - PHILIPS
PHILIPS

133, AASHIRWAD APPARTMENT
PATPARGANJ DELHI 92 PH NO. 9871838192, 22231660

I HAVE AN TOASTER WHICH IS NOT WORKING. SO PLEASE SEND ANY PERSON AT MY PLACE.
IT IS ONLY 2MONTHS OLD. I HAVE LOST GURRANTY CARD

BHARAT BHUSHAN

Philips - 42" LCD TV
PHILIPS
Tucson
Arizona

We bought a 42"LCD tv on Dec.07 for $1, 200.00 it stoped working 2 weeks ago, I called customer service and they said theres nothing they can do. To call a repair man. They offer me a used tv for $400.00. I told them why would i buy a used tv when i can buy a different brand, new for $400.00. Wow, $1, 200.00 for a tv that only last 41/2 years.We are never buying any Philips again.WHAT A RIPOFF!!!
 5th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
We bought a 42" lcd philips tv on Dec. 07 it just stoped worikng 2 weeks ago, We paid $1, 200.00 for it, to only last 4 1/2 years .I called Philips customer service and they said theres nothing they can do. They offer me a used tv for about $400.00. I told them why would i buy a used Philios Tv when i can buy a different brand for $400.00 brand new..We are very disappointed with Philips. We are never buying this Brand again.WHAT A RIPOFF!!!
 5th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
Which brand will you buy now that will give you a free 5 year warranty?
 20th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes

Philips - froud
philips

I was purchased 1 washing me chin and i was pend $560 for it but it was not even worked single day ..i am calling to company customer care the are not responding..
 23rd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Don't know what to tell you as you are in turkey, but in the US there is always a 90 day warranty where we can take it back and exchange or get a refund if not satisfied.

Contact Us