logo

Philippine Airlines Contacts & Informations

Philippine Airlines

Posted:    Joseph Fernandez

Request of Refund Disregarded

This is to inform the general public (not only Filipinos) that I have recently experienced a very poor service and discourteous treatment from the Philippine Airlines management and staff.

1. On 06 January 2009, I placed an email to their addresses (onlinebooking@pal.com.ph; refunds_intl@pal.com.ph) requesting a booking cancellation and refund. But after waiting for several days, there was no any single response.
2. On 12 Janaury 2009, I called their Refund Department (632-556-2809) to confirm but instead they asked me to call Reservations (632 -855-8888) for my cancellation. However, upon trying to call these numbers for almost a hundred times, all lines are busy and could not be reached.

All my calls and emails were just ignored!

Well, I am afraid I am being in the throes of doing something. I am very embarassed that this international airline company can indulge not only in incompetence but in personal discourtesy.

To the Philippine Airlines management and staff, you need to take us for granted no more.
We are "balikbayans" bringing home bread and butter for our family. Without us, there would be no sustenance to your families too.
Comments Philippines Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Aug, 2008 by   James E. Knoll 0 Votes
The website for Philippines is down. There is no way to buy tickets from them at present.
 11th of Mar, 2009 by   dan +1 Votes
OMG! They also did not respond to me, I have sent almost a mail a day and tried calling them gazillion times. I went to manila and even asked them what to do, they said I need to email, so I come back to cebu and email and there is no fucking response whatsoever... you can kiss my ass stupid customer care, you dont care! REFUND my ASS!
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   Stephen +1 Votes
I have the same experience with you Joseph... PAL sucks... I did not get also my refund after paying for the cancellation fee.. Check-out the blog I wrote for PAL about my experience;
 20th of May, 2009 by   Noel 0 Votes
I definitely agree.Same case happened to us.We were really disappointed.Service is really lame. We just want our money back-plain and simple. You have to go through all these hassles! They suck!Boo Philippine airlines!
 27th of May, 2009 by   kiko 0 Votes
PAL did double charge me for a round trip ticket way back November of last year and up till now I have not received a refund from them.

At first I sent them an email but nobody bothers to response, even an auto-generated email I have receive nothing! so I sent again an email 2 days after my first one and I ask them for a confirmation that they receive my email. tough luck! still no response from them. the third time I sent an email was like a week after I sent my first one. I was so frustrated that my patience was pushed to it's limit and I had to express my anger with them thus making me say bad words and bad mouthing them. But even my email was nicer the first they did not reply so asa pa ako! so it was like a month I still have not heard back from them, I spent 1 day of my rest day to call them and whew! I made contact! I asked them if they receive my email. and yes they did but here's the catch. They said that my email was on "queue" and by which the agent doesn't know how long it will take to process.damn! PAL-PAK nga! just so all you guys know. Up till now I have not received any refund from them. it was 7 months ago and still waiting. was that the kind of after sales service they got? considering that it was not even my fault. if there's anybody there that could help me since this is my hard earned money. and I know anyone could feel the same way. I hope this would not happen to anyone again. asa pa!
 17th of Jul, 2009 by   Damien2 0 Votes
I'm another one. I paid for a flight, cancelled and, according to there web site, should have been stung $250. Fair enough. They then did provide a refund (after several emails) but is was about half that of the oringinal amount paid. In other words, my cancellation fee was about $600! I have sent numerous email and just get ignored. I can't believe this behaviour from an international airline.
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   Vivian Taylor 0 Votes
Hey guys we should sue Philippines Airlines, and filed against the industry. I guess I will have to do that. That's the only way. And if we don't do some action, they industry will just keep doing that. I'll hire a lawyer.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   kosovo -1 Votes
Yes, situation with me, My travel agency told me that it will take 3-4 months before you will get your refund, unfortunately they failed to give my refund until now. Help me!
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   Princess E 0 Votes
I also have the same experience with you guys... I already lost my patience in asking for my PAL return ticket refund ($500) since June 2009. My travel agency said that until now PAL has not replied them yet. I am not sure of this because the travel agency's manager could not even forward to me their communications between PAL. Whenever I return to the Philippines, I will no longer patronize PAL for this bad experience... For sure, my family and relatives will just ride other planes whenever we travel to other cities or countries. You are right Kiko... PAL-PAK!
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   carlod@yahoo.com 0 Votes
Yeah me too, I'm a victim of very poor service for refund of this PAL, It's almost three months now I have not yet received my PAL ticket refund on my credit card.. I cancelled my flight 2weeks before the date of ticket and applied for refund on the date of cancellation.. I have been following up these nos. 556-2809 but too bad, their response is always thesame.. paulit - ulit lang sinasabi.. next week nang next week..
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   bhest_babs_cel +1 Votes
yeah, me too.. i also have the same case with you guys..i agree they have very poor service for refund...i guess refund division personnel are so lazy, unprofessional, and just receiving their salary without giving any effort to do their job properly.. i have talk one of their refund personnel once, and i have observed that she's not good in giving a good quality of service in terms of telecom. she's just told me to call after one week because they are already processing my refund but then i guess she only let me expect for the results so that i will not bother her anymore..very unprofessional kind of staff!!!...i guess PAL management should EVALUATE THEIR STAFF so that they will they know the performance of their staff..i guess tehy should have new staff in refunds division a responsible and deligent staffs.. i have a lot of charges in my HSBC credit card account due to PAL ticket which was not refunded yet...i was so disappointed with the service they are rendering to their customers...!
 10th of Jan, 2012 by   harold mantanona 0 Votes
Good afternoon: to whom it may concern somehow i was not satisfied with the expirience i encountered while booking my flight i was given in a review itinerary and price at $1, 020.72 while i was purchasing the tickets at the price said above which i thought was what the amount was. After all it total:$1656.72. even thru the time off puchase i was with a costumer service respresentative to assist me all to mention wasnt satisfied and spoke to the immediate supervisor ''Paulo''.. well hope this will be a fast process in cancelling. i will need the money to purchase a ticket fast it is for a medical reason. Please restore the confidence i ones lost with this airlines from past experience thought i gain it back after flying in November it was an adventure to see a huge change over all now it brought me back to reconsidering where i stand again.. Harold Mantanona h_mantanona@yahoo.com Please reply as soon as possible.. til i hear from the undersign.
 21st of Jan, 2012 by   marcus heller 0 Votes
I have the same experience, no one answers calls there, nor respond to emails.my story is simple, we bought a ticket on line for my wife, at the counter, she did not have the credit card on her, consequently she paid for the same ticket again, now we are after a refund for the original payment. any one knows a way to get a refund because we exhausted every other way to do so.
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   magullado 0 Votes
Nung una akala ko kapag nakasakay ako sa PAL wow... masusulit ang bayad ko, .. kaya lng last sunday Mar 18, 2012 8:20 flight namin sa PR 146 sa pagkakatanda ko. syempre may libreng snack and coffee.. there was an flight attendant name Nikki Acuna, was so sarcastic... i expect that dahil attendat sya doon sa eroplano, will treat us nice like she do to other passengers.. ba, nman nanghingi lng ako ng water, hindi sya sumagot di syempre akala ko hindi nya ako narinig so i ask again for water... tama ba nmn sagutin ako ng "sandali lng po ah, tatapusin ko muna sila tapos mamaya kayo naman..may katarayan.i felt really embarass that time dami kaya tao, tama ba un?. syempre ung mga nakakarinig anu iisipin nila? nagmukha akong tanga sa ginawa nya, pwede nmn sumagot sya ng oo nalang diba... may explanation pa... sana lang the management will look in to it... mabuti nlng hindi ako nagiscandalo kasi may manners pa ako... ung attendant nyo na yan sana mapatino nyo!!! dahil sa nangyari its been a very unforgetable talaga. at sana may proper sunction sa mga tao at empleyadong ganyan. be fair to all passengers hindi ung mabait lng sila sa hindi natin kalahi... so plastic!!! nakakadala sumakay ng PAL.
 17th of Apr, 2012 by   dflor 0 Votes
oh my God, I just have the same experience today. Online booking double charge me. I called pal and call agent just told me to email the onlinebooking_refunds@philairlines.com but upon ready all the complaints I feel so afraid baka mangyari sakin. Wag naman po sana. I am still crossing my fingers na sumagot sila sa akin.
 8th of May, 2012 by   Jky 0 Votes
Pal sucks...crappy service, crappy planes, crappy food, crappy baggage handling, etc etc etc... Thats why i fly other airlines, even if i have a layover going to the states. At least i get what i paid for! Biz class? Ha! They dont know the meaning of the word...but sure know how to overcharge you for it!
 13th of Jun, 2012 by   FLAMIAO 0 Votes
", , THEY JUST FOLLOWING GUIDELINES" but ITS DOESN'T THAT IS ALWAYS THEIR EXCUSES EVERY TIME YOU HAVE A COMPLAINS . HOPING WHEN THEY ARE MAKING A RULE IMPLEMENT IT CONSISTENTLY... SO THE PASSENGERS WILL NOT CONFUSED... THEY ARE SO ARROGANT, SARCASTIC AND INCONSISTENT... CHANGE YOUR TREATMENT TO YOUR PASSENGERS, , BE NICE AND CONSISTENT OF IMPLEMENTING THE RULES OR YOUR GUIDELINES... CAUSE YOU CARRY THE NAME OF OUR COUNTRY... SO SHAMEFUL OR ELSE CHANGE YOUR AIRLINES NAME...
 24th of Jul, 2012 by   archerL 0 Votes
I wont fly them ever again! the price is always higher than any other airline and then they put me next to a smelly 500lb man squished into a single seat. Most airlines have a double seat purchase policy for obese people, and for a good reason. The guy was halfway into my seat and I spent 14 hours crushed against the window, couldn't even get out to use the bathroom. Pure hellish miserey! and the employee's are just plain souless, they don't give a damn about the customers who keep them employed, They will never see me again. Hope they go under and I'm glad to hear that Europe has banned there ass's from European airspace!
 9th of Jan, 2013 by   Juanito C. Patalnghug 0 Votes
On January 7, 2013 I've requested for my online booking ticket that was not used last December 13, 2012 for a refund and that they ask me to submit my confirmation and ticket number in which I cannot anymore retrieve on my mail. On this situation I sent e mail together with the attached copy of my credit card billing that appear's dated 13 December 2012 in which they requested to submit my billed purchased ticket. Until now I did not received any response.
 27th of Feb, 2013 by   Candice Solaimany 0 Votes
My fiance and I recently traveled to Thailand for vacation. We booked our ticket from feb 11th to feb 25th 2013. On our day for departure back to Canada on the 25th of February we arrived at the airport 50 minutes before the flight. We handed our passports to the lady at the philippine airline check in counter, and she was about to process our tickets and she asked us to put our luggage on the scale, then she said your luggage is over weight. She said hold on one sec, she went and talked to a few people then came back and said sorry I cant let you go. I said excuse me?? She said your luggage is over weight, then my fiance said thats fine we wont bring our luggage on board we will leave it behind. She ended up refusing and then saying that the gate is now closed!!! 50 minutes before the flight takes off and your saying the gates closed? They did not let us go and we ended up having to stay another night in Thailand, and we had to purchase 2 new tickets to go back to Canada.!!! No one would help us, im talking about tourist police, phliippine airlines reps, embassy was closed because of stat holiday ect. No one is responding to our emails or calls.?? What to do? this is ridiculous? How can they do this to people?

National Consumer Protection Week