logo

Russ Darrow/ JD Byrider/ CNAC
Deceptive practices!
3. (33 mins ago)
Livecareer.com
Not sure how they keep good rating
4. (43 mins ago)
Audio Extasa
None of my emails were responded...
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
Joe-ID
FAKE ID SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Peridress.com Complaints & Reviews - not legit!

Peridress.com Contacts & Informations

Peridress.com

Posted:    jensowhat

not legit!

Long story short - bought all my bridesmaid dresses from here because they were $3 cheaper than the other online shop we looked at. Huge mistake!! What peridress doesn't tell you is that they a) are in china, and b) are not authorized to sell any of the products they have on their site. When I received the dresses and saw they didn't look like the picture, AND didn't look like the color swatch that I got from Mori Lee. After calling around a few places (they all knew who peridress was), it became obvious that I bought from the wrong place. One retailer even pointed out that when you google this website, there are tons of negative reviews on their quality, color and service.

Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of May, 2010 by   fed up1 0 Votes
I was very disapionted in peridress. I been extra charged at delivery time (two times), so thats mean that there is no free delivery in UK as its web site states. I asked peridress why i been charged for and her answer was- becouse of currency exchange. How rediculous is that.
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   D Edgar 0 Votes
I purchase a dress and paid for expedited delivery to ensure three were no problems. They contacted me to say delivery had been delayed but it would be hear the week before required. However the dress still did not arrive on time and I had to leave for a wedding out of the country without my dress. This meant I was shopping for a wedding dress on the day of the wedding. When I returned to UK the dress had eventually arrived but the stitching on bodice to skirt was so poor it was all falling apart. I asked Peridress to arrange a return and they have refused to take it back. I would not recommend anyone used them they provide poor service and very poor quality garments
Debbie Edgar
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   south68 0 Votes
I ordered a dress on short notice. They did expedite it and I did receive it in time. The color was on target but I have to say, not well made. You could probably get away with it if it's a simple design. I also strongly suggest ordering it in a bigger size. Mine is so small, there is no way I can wear it and I purposely ordered it bigger to accommodate some tailoring. Now I don't know what I'm going to do because I only have two weeks until my wedding day! I have a feeling, based on the feedback, I'll never get my money back, either.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   JodiDiane 0 Votes
I was afraid to order on line, but the prices are sooo much nicer then in the store on peridress.com.
I was looking for a 2nd time wedding, so wanted something elegant yet simplistic. Also we were in a rush. I ordered on July 15th, 2010 and put an extra deposit to "rush" the dress. I'm 6'feet tall and so had to get extra length as well.
I was told that the dress would be 20 business days so August 12th I could expect it..pushing it really close for an August 21st wedding so I bought some back ups at Nordstrom that I knew i could return should this not work out.

Wow, It came July 27th (today) and it looks beautiful. I'm actually really surprised seeing as though there are a lot of negative comments). I'm a real person in Brentwood, California (bay area) and I took the chance seeing as though everything is made in China anyways..

This dress has some beading around the neck line, (it's a halter style) small train, material is nice, very white, definitely NOT cheesy in anyway.. I would say to anyone, take a chance as long as you are ordering something simple, it shouldn't be too hard. My wedding dress is beautiful and cost 110.00 (did not include the shipping that i had to pay to rush)
If you have any questions, let me know.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   JodiDiane 0 Votes
Ok, ...I do not know how to revise my statement above. When i got home and tried the dress on it would have needed A LOT of atlerations to make it work. I had to get a new dress from Nordstrom which i loved. This dress from Peridress is on ebay now and i was really honest. If you know how to do alterations, it was a good base to start with..but that is about it. It did not fit, looks like a high schoolers first attempt at copying a dress. I would not waste your money on this website. Find somethig in person.
If you are a size 8 and need a second wedding dress, halter style, you can buy mine that i purchased at Nordstrom..way better.
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   vivien30 0 Votes
I have just recieved my dress - what a let down. It only fitted on the hips. There was no problem with the actual delivery time, it arrived when it was meant too. The sewing of the dress is not of high quality. The back of the dress was not striaght. I needed the dress to take to the US on the 15 December so I gave myself plenty of lead time in case it was not right. They offered me a 20% discount on a new dress sent fast courier so that I would recieve it in the first week of December. I am not going to take them up on their "offer".
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   DeMud 0 Votes
We too had problems with wedding dress we ordered. Peridress (Lily He) pretended to be cooperative but would not give us an address that we could send the dress back to for a return. We ordered from Peridress and the actual dress came from China with the return address of Periwing (which also had the dress on their website with a better description). Lily He admitted that Peridress and Perwing are sister companies but they have different rules, thus failed to be cooperative. We were very dissatisfied with the dress an lack of service. We had to go out and purchase another wedding dress and now have an extra dress that is useless to us.

Beware!
 5th of Apr, 2011 by   peppa14 0 Votes
Have sadly ordered from Peridress - so wish I had read all the warning signs before doing so. My dress and bridesmaids dresses are now overdue. I have called them several times only to get a voicemail message to say that they will respond to an email in 2 working days. Having left 4 already froma month ago onwards i still have had no contact from them. No contact, no dresses and over £300 wasted of what little money I earn. What a scam.
 21st of Apr, 2011 by   capricorn29 +1 Votes
Well, what can I say, same as last comment (the one before mine), after 2 (!!) month of wait for the dress, several email communications and chat conversations...I still don't have the dress, and am about GBP 200.00 lighter too! And this with 2 weeks to go to the wedding!!!
I have saved all chat transcripts of the last 2/3 days with Freda, the one 'in charge' of my order...HA! In charge of what may I ask?? Not even today she was able to tell me the exact date of shipping and was trying to give me the story that it takes a whole month (excuse me??) for the embroidery. That's after I confirmed/paid for my order on 25th Feb...we have the 21st April now.
Hm, very strange, since the style I ordered has very little embroidery to start with as I like it rather sweet and simple. Anyways, I will however research the right authorities one needs to complain to (since they are manufacturers in China, trading internationally). Even if this doesn't help me right now. It's less about the money but definitely about the additional stress, anxiety and disappointment of being without a wedding dress on your special day...after two months of 'production'. S C A M!!!
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   trishni 0 Votes
its a total dissapointment am shocked for the serivce peridress gives, i apaid for the dress on 25th of may, still i havent got teh dress yet, its a total disaster peridress, its all fake i do not recommend any of the brides to get it from the site!!!
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   capricorn29 0 Votes
After my post above and another posted directly onto their website, all of a sudden I have now had confirmation by them and the courier service that the shipment has now reached London. So am waiting here at work for the courier to turn up. I still have some hope that the dress proves me wrong in my negative opinion about peridress (I so wish) but I will have to see when I get home to unpack the dress. So...watch this space!
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   trishni 0 Votes
I ordered a dress on 25th of February 2011, for my best friend who is in Sri Lanka, I am in Australia currently, I chat with them in march and in April too, perdeess, Lily He senior consultant -customer service, she advised me that that my friend will receive the dress on April 20th, they let me down really badly, they said they will give the tracking no once they ship it, still they haven't done the dress, when I chat they say "
"we are working hard on your dress"now thru again promised me that she will get it by 28th April, when I chat for the past two days, Lily He is saying still the dress has not finished, my question is for 11/2 months what they were doing, I bought the dress for my friend, she has preapared everything except the dress, wedding is on 7th April, still Lily He could not give me a a answer, I am totally disappointed, she said that she will call me, never rang me, I don't know what to do now, I am really honest, this made me stressed too, my friend bride to be, she is facing a awful situation, telling me she made a mistake, we all made a big mistake, I am gonna take this to highest as I am working in Media, not to never ever buy from this site, it's confused, dissapoiting, fake, I do not recommend to anybody !!

This is
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   M2Ports 0 Votes
Ordered my wedding dress ing January or this year now it is April 2011 and I still have not received dress... lots of e-mails of apology but still no dress.. they have promised delivery on 20th May 2011... I will keep you all posted. Very disapointed and wish I had seen all these posts before I Ordered the wedding dress... looks like I will have to go and buy one before its tooo late... fed up and frustrated!
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   MzLundytoBe 0 Votes
I ordered my wedding gown March 30, 2011. They said I would have my dress by April 20th, but I recieved an email requesting more time, which I agreed since my wedding isnt until 2012 (Thank God). I also spoke several times via online chat with customer service rep; Freda, which now gave me the date of May 20th. I am so worried. I read all these post and I am so thankful that I not in a crunch for my gown, but now I worry that even if I recieve my gown will it be up to par or look like a pre-school project? I will keep you all posted with the end result. **anxious in Texas**
 5th of May, 2011 by   Ninepiece 0 Votes
I don't advise that anyone purchase from this site AT ALL!!! I ordered my gown in February, and it was supposed to arrive on April 11th in Phila. here in the States. My wedding isn't until September 10th, 2011 so I had enough time, and I even ordered it waaaaaay too big so that if there were any problems, it could be fixed without a problems. So, I waited, and waited, and waited, with lots of email chats in between with this "Freda" who kept telling me that the needed a little while longer because of the detail, so it actually didn't arrive until 2 days ago. My fiance' eagerly ran upstairs to throw the parcel onto the floor (the plastic was FILTHY), and said that it was from China so we knew what it was. So he kissed me, and left out for work, and before he hit the door, I had already ripped it open, very carefully because they don't even wrap it up very good. When I got it open, I was confused at first because it is a very big ball gown, but once I got my bearings, and tried it on, I was so upset because it was so horrible sewn, that it was hanging all over the place, draped in the wrong spots, and all of the extra time that they need for the detail, obviosly didn't work because it was falling off, and it was even cut right down the middle, and shredded. The beadwork was even coming unloose and believe me I washed my hands for about 5 minutes, I took my engagement ring off as well so that nothing would mess the gown up and I just panicked. I contacted them right away, and they said that they wanted photos of it, so I took approx. 30, and they actually toyed with me for hours over night saying that they didn't receive them. I have to get up at 1am or so because of the time difference, so I was chatting with a new person called "Miles", for hours, and we didn't stop until almost 5am. He promised that he would fix it, and I asked for Freda, but they said that she was no longer there anymore (what???), but they didn't advise me to send it back for repairs because it may have gotten messed up during the shipping, and it may get messed up on the way back to China. No, it was just "shotty" work, and poor craftmenship that caused that kind of damage. They messed with the wrong person stealing millions of dollars around the world from brides-to-be expecting the dress of their dreams. Look we all know that they are replicas, but if you go to a seamstress and ask for a gown that has those same features, it would never look that way!! I wish I could have seen this prior to ordering, but they made all of those comments up on their site, and you can't even reply on their site either. Scam, scam, scam!!! I am alerting the media, and the B.B.B, and customs as well because this isn't a legit company at all.
 5th of May, 2011 by   Ninepiece -2 Votes
Oh not to mention, I am ill. I have a disease that causes my body to attack my pancreas, and I also have Epilepsy as well. I made them aware of that, and that's why I really ordered from them. It was just easier for me because I can't do a lot of running around because when I ordered the gown, I was actually having a pancreatic attack. They are such jerks!!
 6th of May, 2011 by   Angela Gillis 0 Votes
I also made the mistake of buying from Peridress (do not order from this company) I can't stress this enough I ordered 5 bridesmaid dresses form them which I thought was in the uk they asked for extra time to make them which I agreed to.
They said the dresses were sent out on the 11-4-11 and gave me a tracking number which showed the dresses in Lisbon Portugal in customs, I rang TNT who the shipping company is they told me the parcel was addressed to a portuguese lady and a portuguese address.
I emailed the company 5 times with no response this was over a week ago so I contacted paypal whom I though would help as I paid through them for safety ha another mistake, what I didn't know is onece 45 days has passed ebay will not open a dispute for you so from ordering the dresses to now is 4 months.
the only way I could speak to someone is on Peridress website through the live chat but you don't get any joy at all I'm still trying to get the dresses after 4 chat line calls they finally admitted they think they have sent them to the wrong address and the wedding is in 3 weeks I have now told them if I don't receive them by next week I'm contacting Trading Standards so please if you or any of your friends are thinking of ordering cheap dresses from this company believe me they are not cheap.
Oh and 1 more thing you also have a customs charge which I've yet to find out how much avoid them like the plague.
unique
 6th of May, 2011 by   MzLundytoBe 0 Votes
I ordered my wedding gown on March 30, 2011. I guess they just keep asking for more time and pushing the date back, so that 45 days will pass and you cant make a complaint with paypal. Well my 45 days isnt over yet, so I just opened a complaint with Paypal. I was so stressed with Peridress, that I went ahead and ordered another wedding gown from Davids Bridal, so I hope I dont lose my money from Peridress. We are on a strict budget and dont have money to waste. I just wish I would have found these complaints before I placed my order, I really couldve done without this headache.. **anxious in Texas**
 6th of May, 2011 by   Angela Gillis 0 Votes
Hi MzLundytoBe my advice to you is to ask paypal to freeze the money you have paid them before it's to late I on the other hand have lost my money, I spent another hour on the live chat to them this morning which is the only way to get in touch they don't answer any emails at all it's taken them a week on Wednesday to admit they've sent the 5 bridesmaid dresses I paid for to wrong address it beats me how they can send dresses to the wrong name wrong address and wrong country they just tell you one lie after another I've given them until wednesday 11-5-11 and if they don't arrive I want a full refund or will be contacting Trading Standards so good luck with getting your money back as we all know how costly a wedding is
regards Angela gillis
 9th of May, 2011 by   MzLundytoBe 0 Votes
@Mrs. Angela Gillis: I took your advise and contacted paypal. I opened a claim and froze the account. Now I have recieved a phone call from China. I missed the call but Peridress left a message. They want me to close the claim, but assure me that the dress will be completed in two days. I will not close the claim until I either recieved a satisfactory product or my money back. I have until May 26th to escalate the claim with paypal, and the due date for the dress is supposedly May 20, so if I dont recieve my gown by the due date, I will be requesting a full refund. Thank you so much for your sage advice **MzLundyto be**

Scam Artists Preying On Trusting Elderly