logo

Zales
Special orders
2. (9 mins ago)
marriott hotel canada
Is it true that you are doing recruitment?
3. (12 mins ago)

Posted:    GARY Brec

SALES

PEOPLES PRODUCT
Newington, Connecticut
FILLED OUT FORM ONLINE WITHIN 10 MINUTES FROM CASTLE THE WINDOW PEOPLE, AND PEOPLES PRODUCTS. TALKED TO THE REP FROM PEOPLES AND TOLD HIM I WAS INTERESTES IN ONLY FIBERGLASS WINDOWS, HE SAID NO PROBLEM. WHEN THE SALESMAN SHOWED UP HE INFORMED THAT THEY DIDN.T CARRY FIBERGLASS ONLY VINYL SIDING. HE SPENT 4 HOURS TRYING TO SELL ME ON THESE WINDOWS, ABOUT AN HOUR OF ME ASKING HOW MUCH THEY WERE WITH JUST MORE OF HOW GREAT THE WINDOW WAS. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A GOOD WINDOW CALLED THE HR 40 BUT 4 HOURS IS 3 HOURS TOO LONG. HE FINALLY GAVE ME A PRICE OF 35, 000 BUT MINUS INCENTIVES IT WOULD BE 28, 000 FOR 12 DOUBLE HUNGS 1 PICTURE AND 1 BAY WINDOW. I TOLD HIM IT WAS TO MUCH AND CONTINUED TO BADGER ME. FINALLY HE LEFT HE SEEMED LIKE A NICE GUY BUT JESUS ENOUGH ALREADY. 2 DAY LATER THEY CALLED AND WOKE ME UP, THEY TOLD MY WIFE THEY COULD DO IT FOR 21, 00. LISTEN IF YOUR PRODUCT IS THAT GOOD YOU DON'T NEED 4 HOURS TO SELL IT, AND THEN BADGER ME FOR 15 MORE MINUTES. HOW ABOUT JUST HAVING A FLAT FEE PER WINDOW INSTEAD OF MANIPULATING THE PRICE.

Comments United States Window & Door Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Nov, 2010 by   bopper58 0 Votes
I have friends who have done business with this company and they are 1000% satisfied. They were treated quite professionally and rave about the tremendous savings they are experiencing with their new windows.
My guess is that this posting was done by one of their competitors just to try to make them look bad.
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   Mark H0123 +1 Votes
I've heard of customers writing recommendation letters, BUT FRIENDS OF CUSTOMERS?? Maybe this "friend" is a rep from Peoples? Who writes recommendation letters for friends experiences??
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   bopper58 0 Votes
I happen to know that MarkHO123 works for a competitor of Peoples Products thus the childish immature response to my legitimate post above.
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   sterling10 +1 Votes
I am in no way affiliated with competition of people's products. I just had a horrible experience with them. I accidentally got roped into a free in home estimate because I couldn't understand the door salesman. So I felt bad and just went with it. They were scheduled to come yesterday at 6. I got a call at 530 saying the rep was running late and wouldn't be there until 730. I have a one year old who goes to bed at that time so I tried to reschedule. The man was very rude and made me feel bad and said the guy was on his way so I said oh ok well ill just deal with it if he's on his way. I get a call at 630 saying he's not coming running too late and hell be there tomorrow at 5. I called this morning to cancel not liking how things went previously and the man answered hello, no business name nothing. I told him we weren't interested and he wouldn't take no for an answer. He was scolding me about saving money and I stood firm saying sir I would just like to cancel. Then he got very mean and said well I feel bad for the rep because now he won't get credit for the visit. At that point after being belittled I said I don't appreciate being made to feel guilty its very unprofessional and hung up. These people are jerks, don't get involved!!!
 9th of Jun, 2014 by   Jonla56 0 Votes
After 3 cancellations they told me they sorry a would give me a free energy audit.
The Rep came out because I needed to fix or replace a window
that was not cranking in. Rep was nice very good and showed how well
there windows were. He quote me a price if I purchase that day. After we signed the
contract my wife and I realize it was over $2000 more then he quoted.
I called there company that night to leave a message.
Next day a manager named Wayne Jones called to tell me and left a message on
my voice mail to tell me that the windows were in production and they were doing the rough cuts..
He left his cell phone so I called him back to tell him the price difference. I also felt that was
wrong. I told I had a 3 day cancellation protection and that I could cancel wit in that time frame.
Now this is what frosted my flakes, he told me the 3 day rule was so a consumer could read up on the company and product. This is where he started to talk down to me, he said I saw how good these windows were and a will paraphrase. That smart people buy these windows and if I cancelled I would fall into the category of not being smart. He continued about the production starting and so on. The Rep was up north this weekend and I did not except a call till Monday.I also got a call from Leon was coming out to measure the windows who left a message on my voice mail. He called back and I told him not to come over.
I also got a call from the Rep and told him about the different prices. He said was a mistake he had quote us without the plastic that makes the windows look like window panes. Over $2000 for the plastic on 18 windows. He said he was sorry for the mistake.
The Rep is coming out Monday at 1:00 pm to spend some more quality time with us. I like the Rep
but I will find out more. I will tell you if I buy from them or not. Stay tune to this web
site as the widow story continues. Beware of Wayne!
 9th of Jun, 2014 by   Jonla56 0 Votes
Oh BTW I am a Disabled Vet in a wheelchair, that and $2.00 will get you a cup a coffee LOL
Stay tune for happens on Moday will the Rep I will give you an honest summary on what happens.
God Bless America.
John
 11th of Jul, 2014 by   Speakingthetruth2 0 Votes
A 12 Double Hung window, 1 picture window and Bay Window. Using the highest quality replacement window in the world should cost under $7500.00. Entire job. Remember they are Replacements. Means, they go into your existing window frame. It is literally putting a whole window into your old window. Done this way for nothing more than maximizing profits. If you had paid $21, 000 for that People's Product owners would be laughing all the way to the bank. The "Hr40" is a replacement window, and a mid-grade one at that. It using heat shield technology, just more plastic. A cheap piece of film in the middle that distorts your natural light. The film can buckle and warp. The plastic they use discolors. You were 100% correct on leaning towards fiberglass. Fiberglass windows are much stronger there for allowing you to preserve more glass, and they install a complete new frame with them. When it comes to pricing windows People's Products really only wants to install the double hung. It is very profitable and super fast install. Any time you get an estimate from them that includes the specialty units. I would say People's Products is the highest in the country. It shows the true arrogance & poor business practices used by People Products. They think home owners only may know the price of a double hung because they display them at home improvement big box stores. So when you ask to see a price on a Bay, Garden, Casement or Slider. They really go into the realm of ridiculousness. They are simply fishing for the big whale. It is the only reason that company stays in business. When you rip off customers so bad. You only need to sell a few a month.
This is why they were able to call you back and drop another $7000.00 off the job. So from $35, 000 to $21, 000 insane!!!They still would have pocketed $14, 500 on the job at that price. Imagine if you said yes at first offer. Wow. Any and all home owners looking to improve their home should stay 100% clear of People's Products. They are the bottom of the barrel in CT. Owner Bill Wilson started his career as a tele-marketer. Just think about how we all feel about those types of individuals. ahhh run the other way!!!
 11th of Jul, 2014 by   Speakingthetruth2 0 Votes
Jonla, those grids in the glass cost $16.00 per unit. Wayne Jones is a horrible excuse for human being. His title is Director of sales and marketing. I would not trust that guy to direct traffic. He has never sold anything in his life. That would require him to move. Wayne Jones is not big on exercise. He has enough trouble and uses all his energy just breathing and thinking he is slick. Guy is about as sharp as a marble. He nothing more than a 300 pound bully. Dont even let that company on your property.
 22nd of Jul, 2014 by   J. Roche 0 Votes
This is what some of their great work looks like lack of flashing caused rot and un-repaired deck caused leaks
 22nd of Jul, 2014 by   J. Roche 0 Votes
this

26th of Jul, 2014 by   Gheessh 0 Votes
Not sure how this company stays in biz??? So happy I went online to check out People's Products prior to having them out. I was not home from work yet, and when I saw all the upset people online explaining their poor experiences with People's I sent a text to my wife to call and cancel our appt that night. She called me back in 10 minutes very upset and told me some strange things about this company. First when she called, a man said we were be recorded?? She stated she would like to cancel our 6:00pm appointment due to poor online company reviews. She said the man seemed to become angry and said he would need to transfer her to marketing dept.. After a few minutes another rude man came on the phone and said he was the Director of Sales and Marketing Wayne Jones. He said sorry there is no way for us to get in touch with the rep. see you at 6:00?? She asked what his cell # was so she could try, he stated. He does not carry a cell phone due to fact that cell phones are illegal to be used in vehicles and they protect there reps, with the company policy?? She hung up and we left at 5:45, had a nice dinner, told neighbor to watch house. My neighbor said at 5:57pm a guy pulled up and rang doorbell. He got on his cell phone and called someone then waited around 20 minutes. These people are crazy, who do they think they are fooling that a guy does not have a cell phone. Hope he did not drive far, if so not to concerned, my wife tried to say dont come. I guess since that guy Wayne is not the one coming out, he just sent him anyway. This is your sales marketing "director" i can only imagine what lower ranked employees are like. Ghesssh!!!

Channel 10 Online Scams Series