logo

Hammonds Furniture Ltd
Awful company
3. (4 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler room wine investment scam (Con't)
4. (11 mins ago)
won't release my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

PeoplePC Complaints & Reviews - Scam and criminal activity!

PeoplePC Contacts & Informations

PeoplePC

Posted:    dave smith

Scam and criminal activity!

PeoplePc
PEOPLEPC IS CROOKED. They steal money from your account following your cancellation. Upon further contact, they tell you your account wasn't canceled, that they apologize, they are unable to refund your (stolen) money and here is your new cancellation number.
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Feb, 2008 by   EvE Edwards 0 Votes
you are surely right peoplepc is a scam they still charged me money even though I cancel before the next due date. I had to treathen them that I would broadcast all over the internet that they are no good trying to steal people money, thats how I had to finally make them stop the charges on my account.
 10th of Apr, 2008 by   James Mauro 0 Votes
I signed up for a 30-day free trial of PeoplePC back in November. I had gotten points through a reward program for signing up. I never once even installed it on my computer. I have internet through my cable company.

So I canceled after 3 days. I was told that everything was canceled and I would no longer be billed. So 4 months go by and my credit card had been compromised and was canceled. A few days later I get a call from PeoplePc telling me that my monthly fee could not be processed. so I called them and they tell me that when I had never canceled their service. Apparently, I had been billed every month, unknowingly. I told them that I had canceled after only a few days during my free trial and that I wanted the account closed.

PeoplePC refused to close the account until I paid them the balance on the account due to my card being declined. I continued to explain to them that I have never even used their services and that I had been fraudulently billed for the past 4 months. So that call got me nowhere.

So every day, their billing department calls about 5 times a day to collect the balance on the account. I have spoken with 14 reps and 5 supervisors. All of which have claimed they could not help me. They claim that they cannot close an account that has a balance on it.

So the harassing calls keep coming every day. Eventually I had enough. I typed out a nice letter to the California State Attorney General. I made one last attempt and called them to rectify the issue. I got some Indian guy on the phone named Bob (yeah... ok). Bob connected me with a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor the situation and informed him that if the matter could not be addressed while I was on the phone that I would be mailing my letter out to the California State Attorney General in the morning. I then proceeded to read my letter to him to let him know that I wasn't just bs'ing. Amazingly enough, he was able to go right in and zero out the balance on the account and close it. So you would think that would be the end of it, right?

WRONG!!! Every day I am still getting at least 3-5 calls per day from their billing department. When I ask why they are calling, they start to say "There is a balance on your account of...um...zero dollars." I then proceed to tell them to stop calling me or I will file a harassment suit. I have spoken with several reps and several supervisors SINCE my account has been closed (again) and NOBODY can tell me why I am continuallt being called. So today again (at 8am) they are calling me again.

So I am writing this complaint to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from PeoplePC. It is a horrible company. I will be sending out my letter to the California State Attorney General's office later today, as well as filing a complaint with the BBB. Not that the BBB really does anything. If you have similar issues with PeoplePC, I recommend contacting the Attorney General in their state. If they receive enough complaints, they will go after them. The BBB really can't do much other than send them a letter telling them they have a complaint. So the BBB is pretty useless in my opinion.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   daisy 0 Votes
I tried to cancel peoples p.c. and they said o.k. and it would be free till june 14, 09. I again got a charg e against my Visa, so called again. This person ( in Manila), said it hadn't been canceled, as I called on the 15th instead of before the 14th! And, when I argued I had asked it to be stopped, they said, if you don't have a confirmation number you didn't cancel. This person as they other one did, apologized over and over till I wanted to throw up. He gave me a confirmation number, but I will see what happens on my next Visa bill.

How to Save on Life Insurance