logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
2. (17 mins ago)
essayforme.org
They took money for essay and no one replied
3. (20 mins ago)
Steven Malman Law
Very bad service
4. (29 mins ago)
Reliant Vision Group
Reliant vision is a fake and fraud company
5. (39 mins ago)
Shine Your Career
Job scam / fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Penn Warranty, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Scam? Deceptive Business? Insurance Fraud?

Penn Warranty Contacts & Informations

Penn Warranty

Posted:    Kayla Jean

Scam? Deceptive Business? Insurance Fraud?

Penn Warranty Corp
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Phone: 800-356-9441
BEWARE!!! I have been a "customer" for 3 yrs. Last year (2008) I had transmission work done on my 02 Dodge 2500 truck. The company wanted to put a transmission out of a junkyard in my truck! I chose to use the amount they offered and have my transmission rebuilt. Come to find out they only paid $800 towards my $3780 bill.. Last week 07/09 the trans went out in my truck leaving me and my 2 horses stranded almost 4 hours from home. Had the truck hauled to a Dodge dealership and opened a "claim" After getting the runaround for 9 days still no "answer" on the repairs. As of today. The company sent an independent inspector who didn't do his job correctly (according to a mgr at Penn) so now I am responsible for a re-inspection. Today BEFORE the inspector had seen the truck AGAIN.. A mgr told me the reason the transmission failed was due to lack of fluid... WTH?? Was he on the side of the road with me? Did he see the puddle of red fluid under my truck? Did he see the puddle on the flatbed wrecker that hauled it to the dealership? The mgr also told me my truck had an oil leak... SO?? That doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the transmission fluid! I was unaware that the employees at Penn Warranty have solved the Theory of Evaluation.. they know what came first the chicken or the egg... How can someone thousands of miles away determine that the cause of the failure was lack of fluid... not lack of fluid due to failure??? This company could care less that I have had to rent a car out of my pocket for 9 days... my horses are stabled at $25 per day times 2 horses for the last 9 days and without a truck (Enterprise rents cute little cars) I can't get my trailer or horses home.. I found the upper management to be arrogant, rude and without care. I paid my policy in full and have 2 more years on it.. they shouldn't offer unlimited miles if they can't cover it. I have authorized repairs out of my pocket to get my truck fixed... and correctly fixed! At the advice of my lawyer... See them in court!! Don't mess with Texas!!!
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Aug, 2009 by   casey kirkey 0 Votes
i just sent my jeep in to the shop for the same thing to have the transmission fixed well they decided that they wanted to send a shit one to the shop and the shop had to pay for it before they got it off the truck. we had to fight to get it that far. well they sent up the transmission and come to find out penn got me the wrong transmission.i had my daughter on the 17th and i was out of a vahical before that and i am still out of a vehical because penn warrrenty has a people working for them that have no clue what they are doing. ihave a new born baby and no vehical to get any were. i asked them if they will cover a rental for me and they wont cover a rental for a job that only take 5 hours but a 5 hour job just turned into a 2 week or more project.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   aurel 0 Votes
i just sent my saab to a shop to replace my starter it cost me 500 dolars and they only covered 85 in the contract is written that i have 100 dolars deductible and they will cover the rest, but they didnt, so guys please beware of this company - they suck - dont accept this company to provide you services cause they really suck.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   Beast +1 Votes
I had a used Audi A4 for which I took the Penn Warranty. Once fine summer morning my transimission failed and Penn refused the cover the entire replacement cost. All they covered was 20%.

They look and act professional, but its just an act. So dont get fooled by their protections/warranty plans even if your dealer convinces you to take one. (he obviously gets a commission)

I wouldnt be writing this note had I really not felt the pain of dealing with Penn Warranty Corporation. FRAUD.
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   mikie196565 0 Votes
Penn Warranty Company, my dealer and bank said was one ofthe best companies for warranty service, i am so stupid not to google there company, before I bought the policy I have had nothing but a runaround for the past month i paid three thousand dollars for my transmission and have not beeb reibursed a penny, they lie to you and tell you payment was sent or they paid the shop direct, i am in process of filing a complaint with the state, and attorney generals office.
They have cost me so much time and energy i am completly drained talking with them there ignorance, and unprofessionalism have led me to do one thing Get them shut down, i assure you i will not rest till that happens.
my email is sgc247inc@aol.com if you want to join in.
Thanks for letting me vent
 7th of Jan, 2013 by   John D Taylor 0 Votes
I bought a warranty from this comapny feeling that if I had a problem with my chevy trailblazer they would could help me get it fixed. They told me I could take it where ever I wanted and I did. I took my vehicle to a chevy house to have it looked at and fixed. I was told by chevy that I had a bad water pump, bad fuel check valve, a leak in the transmission, and a bad cell in my battery. Penn warranty said they would partially help out with the water pump. They wouldn't let chevy put in a chevy water pump, they wanted them to put one in from NAPA, probably a reconstructed one. I was going to have a hundred dollar deductable which was fine, and only willing to pay so much for the labor. They were not going to cover all the labor to fix my water pump. I m very up set and cancelling my warranty, because why have it if they are not going to fix anything. Would I recommend this company for a warranty. NO absolutley not.
 16th of Jan, 2013 by   Joe45 0 Votes
Bought a Ford Ranger used with one of the Penn warranties-vehicle came with warranty at no cost so at least I didn't pay for it. Truck leaked oil out of one of the gaskets and engine locked up while driving down the interstate. Had vehicle towed to shop and placed claim with company. Per Penn customer service rep direction, the shop dismantled the engine so that the claims adjustor could verify the cause of the seized engine. Adjustor looked at my report and the dismantled engine and determined that it was a leaky seal spilling oil on the highway--this process took 1 week. They outright denied claim because it was related to faulty seals instead of mechanical components per a contract clause in the agreement, and made me pay the bill to have the engine dismantled for the claims adjustor. Meanwhile, I was out of a vehicle for a week when the issue could have been resolved sooner without taking the engine apart. If I knew they were going to outright reject due to that contract clause, I would have told the shop to start repairs immediately and pay out of pocket (minus dismantling of old engine) to get my truck fixed. I paid for rental car, dismantling of engine, tow bill, and repair costs while Penn collected the warranty fee paid by dealer. This warranty was more valuable as toilet paper than an actual warranty/insurance supplement. These guys are swindlers/con artists, and only care about their profit margin. They don't want to pay out any money, but have no problem taking your money, making you wait 1 week for their claims adjustor, and charging you for additional work THEY requested the shop to perform.
 21st of Aug, 2013 by   Justin-Credible Auto Care 0 Votes
I am a Independant shop owner in Norman Ok. This is the first time and the last time I will use this warranty. I have a better chance getting a newborn to talk to me fluently then to get a claim paid. They dont want to pay for squat I have to pay out of pocket for certain items. My cust has a 04 jeep grand cherokee and the transfer case went out. Called the company and they wanted a statement from me so i did. Then 2 days later they get back to me and now they want a statement from the cust (verbal) so he did. Then they wanted a written statement from him!! What warranty company does that?? Are we witnessing a crime? Why the statements? Then from 8/9/13 untill 8/21/13 my customer has been out of his vehicle!!! At first the warranty company authorized a amount and cut my labor rate, and now the labor rate is still cut and they went back on the cost of the item because they said they found it cheaper out of state and the price includes shipping.. So now my cust has to wait even longer to get his vehicle?!?!? NO!! I bought the part for more then expected and cutting my throat because of them.. My cust will be happy and ill be happy when hes completed but these people are no good.. Take it from a certified repair facility... NO GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THIS COMPANY!!!

Mortgage Fraud & Credit Card Protection