logo

Ballard Designs
Do not order from them
4. (8 mins ago)
Dr. Hardik Vyas / Hardik Vyas / Rahul Vyas
Fraud guy on matrimony sites
5. (29 mins ago)

Magazine Subscription

PEI
PO Box 37489, Boone, IA 50036
Boone, Iowa
Someone is sending Playboy magazines to my home unsolicited. I have 2 teen sons and I do not want them reading that kind of magazine. And I refuse to pay for something that I did not ask for. Where did they get my name and address from because I want it removed and how can I prevent this from happening again. I have no idea who I need to contact to make deliveries stop.
Comments United States Phishing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2012 by   we2west 0 Votes
We have been getting this magazine for years and can't seem to get this company to stop the subscription either. We HAVE called them and they have SAID they will stop and refund, but they don't.
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   Southeast Minnesota 0 Votes
PEI is Playboy Enterprises Inc. I called the 800 number listed at the end of the Playboy magazine (for subscription related issues). Was told the magazine must be a complimentary issue. Was told to call Consumer Marketing Solutions at 646-439-2169. Got voice mail and left a message. Hope someone returns my call! By the way, I am also getting Maxim magazine. Really would like both to stop as we have no use for either...both go straight into the trash...which costs ME money to dispose of!
 23rd of Jan, 2013 by   Don C 0 Votes
I received a Playboy subscription the other day. I never ordered a magazine at all. I plan to have my attorney send them a notice that I do not want the magazine and I have no intention to pay for anything. These types of companies suck the life out of good working americans trying to make ends meet.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   ply0046791927/2# 0 Votes
I just received this magazine again for the second ;time, I have never ordered it nor do i
WANT IT.APPARENTELY i AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM PLAYBOY
 15th of Mar, 2013 by   Trying 2help 0 Votes
Maybe this will help someone else, but I found that the people sending the unrequested magazines to my home were with Consumer Marketing Solutions...their number is 646-439-2150...good luck!!
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   pmcgrath 0 Votes
i have been receiving this magazine for over 3 yrs i keep sending it back and calling and they keep saying it will stop wonder if theres a legal route i can take? the number i called was 646 439 2150
 28th of Jun, 2013 by   dandiwolff 0 Votes
I have the same complaint as everyone else. Started receiving the magazine several months ago. Never ordered it and never received an invoice. I think it's an evil plan to get the men in the home "hooked" on this crap of flesh peddling. I feel violated when something like that is sent to me unsolicited. I called the number as suggested above (646-439-2150) and had to leave a message. I'm sure it won't take care of anything.
 28th of Jun, 2013 by   dandiwolff 0 Votes
Update to my earlier comment: I found a customer service number for playboy (1-800-999-4438) and gave them my "account number" from the label on the magazine. They were able to locate our name and address and confirmed that the company Consumer Marketing Solutions placed the order for this subscription for us. The customer service rep said she would stop the subscription from being sent but also encouraged me to follow up with Consumer Marketing Solutions at 646-439-2169. Hopefully this will take care of the problem and help some of you as well.
 28th of Oct, 2013 by   danielp +1 Votes
send the magizines to me i have been trying to get playboy and maxium for the last 3 months now;]
 28th of Oct, 2013 by   danielp 0 Votes
PLEASE SEND ALL UNWANTED MAGAZINES TO ME
THANKS
 10th of Dec, 2013 by   Rick McDonald 0 Votes
I have been getting these much unwanted playboy magazines for over five years now, they are now sending two or three at a time. It has my old business name with my home address. I actually got in touch with them once about two years ago and it stopped for a few months then resumed with a vengeance. They are an evil company trying to corrupt others with their great immorality. Not sure what to do now? It is an embarrassment to have these in my mailbox. I have small grandchildren who have checked the mail while these were in the mailbox. I hope someone finds a way to stop them! I am actually considering hiring an attorney to deal with it. There is no end to satans evil empire and work, the good news is we know who wins in the end.
 13th of Dec, 2013 by   smncjn 0 Votes
How can I change the mailing address?
 1st of Feb, 2014 by   dollyrude 0 Votes
Thank you dandiwolff for the update. I used the numbers you provided and it looks like, at least for me, they worked to stop this really uncool marketing practice. First, I called Consumer Marketing Solutions (CMS) at 646-439-2169 and left a message and then I called Playboy at 1-800-999-4438. I shared with the operator that I was receiving unwanted magazines and therefore unethical payment requests. I told her that I had already called CMS but that I was quite certain that they did not act without the approval of Playboy's parent publisher (whoever that is...). She became less cheery but immediately responded by confirming my address, which she knew without my telling her, and informing me that my subscription(?!) had been canceled and that I would no longer receive magazines nor payment requests. Fingers crossed.
 21st of Apr, 2014 by   Julian.G 0 Votes
I had this problem too! Just got it resolved. I contacted Playboy directly at 800-999-4438. They asked for last name and zip code. She found my address and canceled the account. She then gave me a number to SubCo 800-258-3350. I called and asked them to stop sending me these filthy magazines, I have a 5yr old that likes to check the mail. I was told its "Marketing" and that I would not be charged for the magazines they send. I told them I didn't care, I don't want them coming to my house. They canceled whatever account, and then added me to their internal do not mail list. Hopefully this took care of it all. IMHO, if this is "marketing" its a stupid magazines to be sending out just randomly to people. DISGUSTING!!!
 21st of Apr, 2014 by   Mrs. Hill 0 Votes
Thank you so much for the information. I received them and I was mortified. I will call these numbers and stop this. To Rick, my grandchildren check the mail. So you can imagine how I felt. I had no idea that they could randomly send this kind of magazine to you. This is ridiculous.
 17th of Jul, 2014 by   9493 0 Votes
I just received a copy that I did not request. On hold now to attempt to cancel @playboy cust service 800 999 4438.
 18th of Jul, 2014 by   9493 0 Votes
Update, I contacted playboy cust svc 800 999 4438 and was told another marketing company (priority one clearance) placed the order. I contacted Priority One (1 727 443 2200) and was informed this is a promotional offer but the initial order was placed by US Periodicals 1 646 466 5043. I canceled the "order" with Priority One (lets hope it works). Attempted to contact US Periodicals but office is closed on Fridays. I am sure buy the time you read this one or all "marketing" companies wil have changed their names and contact info.

Identity-Fraud