logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Nike
Shoes smell like cat urine
2. (4 mins ago)

PC TOOLS

Posted:    Bob

Automatic Renewal

PC Tools
I bought PC Tools via the internet. Nowhere did the websire say that they would automatically renew it without my permission. But, they billed my credit card and renewed it against my wishes. This should be illegal. Nobody should be able to bill anyone's credit card unless they have explicit authorization from the cardholder. I would NEVER buy any of their products, again.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of May, 2009 by   RastaMan +1 Votes
I have had the same problem. I will not use their products ever again. They mislead customers and they know it. This has happened to me 3 times on 3 of their different products. No thank you. Bad Business.
 24th of May, 2009 by   iliad1 +1 Votes
Agree and would suggest that anyone who is considering buying any PCTools software thinks long and hard.
Also suggest you check out the many sites which report on similar problems e.g. /URL removed/ and http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/deceptive-subscription-warning-c135508.html
I am now taking action through my credit card fraud/complaints procedures.
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   dlwharleyman 0 Votes
After reading your complaint, I logged into my PCTools account, which was created when I purchased the product online, and found that my subscription was set to automatic renewal. I also found that there is a process within the account features to turn off automatic renewal, which I did.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   d.a.n +1 Votes
Same problem. I do not recall anywhere any disclosure of PC Tools auto-renewing a subscription annually. It's underhanded, if not illegal
 7th of Jun, 2010 by   nigelcobwebs 0 Votes
PC Tools are total crooks - do not deal with them.
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   kabouter -1 Votes
by login to your pc docter account and clicking your serialnumber you go to a page wher you can turn off automatic renewal. Good luck everyone!
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   iliad1 0 Votes
kabouter - all will need more than luck because the turn off facility does not work -just keep checking your bank account and you will see that it is another ploy to continue with the scam.
PC tools work on the basis that we are all suckers and that as they continue to get away with it there is no reason for them to stop being crooks. Just keep spreading the message and you never know they may eventually get the payback they thoroughly deserve - e.g. a stretch in Dublin jail.
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   Hans Ihringsjƶ 0 Votes
My MasterCard has been debited $ 29.95 without my approval.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   Ahk 0 Votes
I was sent an invoice after my credit card has been charged for the renewal. The invoice said they will refund if request is sent within 60 days, so I submitted the request. All I've got back so far was an automatic email claiming that a ticket has been raised and the average time of response is 24 hours. 8 days on I still haven't got any reply. I have sent another email to chase the process but that appears to have been ignored as well. Their excuse for the automatic renewal is to make it hassle free. It doesn't seem to work that way if you don't want to renew. Stay away from them I'd recommend.
 7th of Jan, 2012 by   Murphy2012 0 Votes
Have been putting unautorised charges on my Visa.When I call them they dont know anything about it.
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   budman1 0 Votes
Went thru same thing only the site wouldn't even take my login password and when I applied for a new one it never sent an email. I finally called support after 30 minutes and actually they were available at 2300 hours CST! After being transferred twice a had a Verrryyyy bad connection but managed to scream my email address and got auto-renewal canceled and received an email instantly. (Still no password!) You can't miss the fact that they really don't want you to be able to opt out. Actually Registry Mechanic was the only software from pctools that was worth anything. The others either didn't work well or took forever to open, bucked and chunked, etc. Oh well off to find another registry cleaner that takes paypal since they don't automatically kick my money out.!
 12th of Feb, 2012 by   pally320 0 Votes
i have one thing to ask anyone who is having the same problems as all the other reports with money being taken from their accounts and their banks saying it's "authorized, " did you read the agreements page? when you accept that page you could have given them authorization to use your card even more! I Also noticed that it uses spy-ware doctor SOMTHING THAT ISN'T THEIR PRODUCT, the best security I've found is "malware byts" which is free or you can give them a one time payment where it will run in the background instead of having to start scans manually, and "Microsoft security essentials" which is completely free but rarely gets noticed because it's made for protecting against everything except malware. also a program i like is "combofix" it looks for anything that is bad on "MAIN" files but your security cannot be on when it's looking because it interferes.

How to Avoid Scams During the Holiday Season