logo

injury in store

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pay Power Visa, California Complaints & Reviews - Took money and never applied to prepaid debit card

Pay Power Visa Contacts & Informations

Pay Power Visa

Posted:    nobigbusiness

Took money and never applied to prepaid debit card

Blackhawk
California
Phone: 888-633-9432
I bought a reload-it pack in order to put money on my pre paid debit card. The money was NEVER posted to the card. Called the card company NUMEROUS times i was ALWAYS given the run around. They wanted me to fax my store reciepts which was no problem but after the first time i faxed it i thought the issue would be resolved. NOT!!! Upon calling them back i was told they never got it and that i needed to fax it again to a different number. This went on for two more times after the inital fax until i told them this is a scam. Still w/o MY money the call center (or someones house because you can hear kids in the back) is a FRAUD. I mean seriously when i asked the rep for the corporate number he said they only have an e-mail. BOTTOM LINE IS THIS DO NOT DO NOT PICK UP A PAY POWER VISA OF ANY SORT. They need to realize what they are doing is ILLEGAL taking someones money and not doing what you were contracted to is a CRIME.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Dec, 2010 by   PayPower -1 Votes
We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. As a public relations representative for PayPower, we would like to research this issue with our customer service representatives so we can provide you a solution. Can you please send specifics of where you bought the Reloadit pack and the numbers on the card to pr@blackhawk-net.com so that we can resolve your issues? (Please be sure not to post that information on this page.)

PayPower
 9th of Jan, 2011 by   Vispere +2 Votes
a paypower rep wanting reloadit pack info emailed, numbers and all? Idiot. btw, if you're going to fake it, use an addy that at least LOOKS tied to the company.
 9th of Jan, 2011 by   Vispere +1 Votes
Spent 200+ minutes on tracfone, $10 worth of faxing, and and a brandy and coke to tolerate the hassle of even being able to get my personalized card and pin to access my unemployment benefits. that was a month ago. now when i bought the card, the direct deposit bonus promotion was wait thirty days after starting direct deposit, get a $20 bonus. now it changed to "15 days after the second deposit." under the old system, i should have received that yesterday. under the new rules, three days ago. Put my tax refund in the hands of these people? hell no. no truth in advertising. on tv it's expected, with my money, not allowed. btw, to any paypower reps browsing the site instead of studying script, my "escalation code" is ITR:359442. Have a swell day.
(If you're not a real paypower rep, then the number above will serve you squat.)
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   Kaliikidz +2 Votes
pay power SUCKS!!! they lie, scam and keep your money, even after you dispute a fraud transaction!!! They say "call back in 60-90 days to see if you get your money back!!!

NEVER Buy this card, EVER!!..if you do, its your risk!
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   RenHoek +3 Votes
Ripoff! Starts charging fee after one month! Paypower sucks. paypower scam. paypower ripoff.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   Carlyb23 +3 Votes
I have to agree the pay power service is horrible. Almost every time i call i hear children as well and someone that barely speaks English. Not to mention I have to call four times in a row because they answer say their name and ask for the card number, and after i finish giving them it, they'll repeat the same thing over again, this will go on for about three more times til they hang up. Also i believe if i am buying their cards and paying the fees for reload-it packs and monthly fees, i should be able to do whatever i want with my money. But every time i even use the ATM i receive another block on the card, so I cant use the money or even access my internet account. WHAT A SCAM. I should still be able to sign into my account whenever i choose. They say it takes 1-2 days to remove this unnecessary block but it usually takes longer and the last time i called i waited over 5 days until i finally called them again on the 5th day to find out the idiot didn't even put in to remove the block. So i had to wait another three days. If they are so worried that they need to block my card for "security reasons" they should call me and notify me of the ATM activity to verify that it is I using my own money. Seriously i think they put a block just so they can make sure the cash is on the card so they can make sure they get their monthly fee. The service is horrible and the weekly blocks are unnecessary and inconvenient.
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   Antonia Myss +2 Votes
Do not waste your time calling these bast**ds. Every state has a department of consumer affairs (or a similarly named agency) WITHIN THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. File a complaint. Metabank is the bank that is supposedly behind these prepaid Visa cards. TURN UP THE HEAT!!!
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   Cali_ +1 Votes
Their customer service is HORRIBLE, and every time they go to escalate my issues "their supervisors are all busy" so they are unable to help me. All I wanted to do was cancel my card. And I'm not confident they cancelled it. When I asked for a reference number they did not want to give me one, until I continued to push. I still am not confident that my card has been cancelled. What a HASSLE. What's the point???
 12th of Apr, 2011 by   CP5164 +2 Votes
I HATE IT!!! When I pay anything its ok but when you get a refund they put a hold on MY MONEY and you cant buy ANYTHING for 2 days!!????? WHY???? And when you call cs-even the supervisor-no one can tell me why and say it in ENGLISH!!! I AM DONE!!!
 21st of Apr, 2011 by   CP5164 0 Votes
AGAIN!!! It happens EVERY TIME I just wanted a refund and I have to WAIT????!!! WHY!!! I talked to ANOTHER SUPERVISOR (joke) tells me again I just have to wait!!! DONT USE PAYPOWER DEBIT CARD!!!
 25th of Apr, 2011 by   PayPower +1 Votes
Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to help you resolve the issue. If you would like assistance, please email us at PR@Blackhawk-net.com.

PR for PayPower
 2nd of May, 2011 by   momof3girls864 0 Votes
Oh somebody please tell me that the security hold of 1 to 2 days for trying to use the card before registering is not going to take longer. I thought you just had to register if u wanted to get a card with your name on it. But apparently this locks it for 1 to 2 days. I spent 100.00 for this card for my daughter to go on a 3 days school trip leaving TOMORROW! I'm so ready to cry right now! I can't afford to replace it and I've called twice so I think the request was actually submitted. This is terrible!
 24th of May, 2011 by   brian hot under the collar +1 Votes
this card company sucks they tell me i have no money on my card but i do i put it on there . Then after i use it the place i used it at never took the money off the card because of a problem with the card and now they won't refund my money or give it back on my card been going on since feb 15 of this year what a scam if your that hard up for money u have to steal it from hard working usa people bye doing this try getting a real job and work as hard as we do for are money u jerks put my money back on my card instead of stealing it .
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   martyesp +2 Votes
I have had this card for a month and it has been out on "hold" 4 times. Before I put $$ on my card 3 days ago I called customer service to double check my card was NOT on hold, I was told I had a $2.00 balance and my card was in good standing, so I did a reload pack and guess what?? the card went on hold!!! I am still waiting to hear from thier seocnd level to call me, they called me last night and told me to call back to 1888-633-9432, and customer serive said they cant out me thru to the corporate office and they had "no clue" whey I was givine thier number, so day three, card still not useable, I have to wait some form "corporate" to call me, and get the funds released, this is such a scam I will NEVER use this card again!!! Cant belivve it even says VISA, DO NOT USE THIS CARD
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   EbonyM +1 Votes
All I know is that if this HOLD means all my bill money i put on this card is GONE... we are going to court! I recently loaded bill money on to account a week ago and none of my payments went through but my balanced stayed the same... called card company and the told me it was on hold... WTF idk how when ive always had at least 15$ on there...

CALL ME A PISSED OF CHICK FROM MARYLAND>>> looks like the wont be getting anymore business of mine
after reading these statments and witnessing this my self and Ive been using them since MAY 2011
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   EbonyM +1 Votes
I am so pissed... everything that everyone said is true... im very dissapointed! and wont use them after everything MONEY wise is depleted on this account i am DONE! and your right all the people on there dont speak english!
 17th of Dec, 2011 by   cpoling 0 Votes
WOW...this is a completely fraudulent company. Absolutely never do business with them. Received my card as a gift...I think my gift giver would be pretty upset to learn that the $50 they gifted turned into $26 instantly because there was no way to activate the card. When you call the phone number it "activates" the card although you can't actually get a balance. So I called to get a balance 3 days ago, couldn't get their phone number to work, tried again tonight and hit 0 a bunch of times to finally get someone in a foreign country who didn't speak English, to find out that they wouldn't refund their "service charges." SCAM
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   PayPower 0 Votes
We would like to help you get the most out of your PayPower card. Please email cs@blackhawk-net.com so we can assist you.
 21st of Jan, 2012 by   Victim of Pay Power Visa Cards +1 Votes
SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! I recently bought a Pay Power Card and they stole my money of the card and had the nerve to say I owed them $120.00 in overdraft fees! My jaw dropped, I couldn't even think straight for a minute. Huumm Lets see I put my hard earned $$$$ on this totally fraudulent Credit Card if you can call it that, and got scammed, and on top of that they wanted to take more $$ that I didn't even have on the card yet. What we need to do is file a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT for the people that have been scammed by this horrible company. I have spoken to an attorney and he said the owners and some of the employees of this company are looking at serious prison time! "20 years +"
 4th of May, 2012 by   Marchalk 0 Votes
Your a god damn idiot. No lawyer would tell you that. The "owners" are stockholders and the employees are highly may be terrible at customer service but that is certainly not a crime. People with lunatic ramblings like yourself make all complaints look a little less bad. Your a jackass, shut up with the phony lawyer talk. NO LAWYER EVER TOLD YOU THAT YOU RETARD.

Don't Get Caught in a Phishing Fraud!

Latest Groups