logo

M/S STERLING TREE MAGNUM(INDIA) LIMITED,
ABOUT TEAK TREE INVESTMENT
3. (8 mins ago)
Edreams
Mistake done by eDreams employee cost me 700 euros and they don't want to resolve the issue
4. (13 mins ago)
uksleepingtablets.com
I got nothing from these scammers
5. (40 mins ago)
ccieperfectsolutions.com
Cheated me with the product

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Patent Assistance Worldwide Complaints & Reviews - scam

Patent Assistance Worldwide Contacts & Informations

Patent Assistance Worldwide

Posted: 2011-01-27 by    Tg3

scam

I have worked with Patent Assistance Worldwide and I can tell you they are a scam to take your money. Looking back I cant believe how foolish I was to continue working with them, but Im glad I stopped. They do tell you that there is an initial fee to get the ball rolling, to get legal/patent advice, to see if your idea is marketable etc. They tell you this is the only fee you'll have to pay, and afterwards if they think your product can be successful, they will pay for all the marketing fees, licensing, going to trade shows etc, and all they want is 10%, you keep 90%. This sounds good but wait. First off, their initial fee is way too expensive - they charge $1279. They will give you a weekly update to pretend they are busy on your project, that they are running tests in the "university" etc. The updates are very brief without substance, no specifics. I decided to upfront the initial fee because I believe in my product and was told it was the ONLY fee. 2 - 3 months later, I get a binder from Patent Assistance Worldwide going over my idea. It is very simple, a bunch of simple graphs showing me that based on several analyses, my idea has the potential to be very successful. They then want at least $10K to go further to help you get a US patent. If you take them up on the other patent protection plans you can easily spend >$30K. But wait! I was told there was NO more fees and my initial letter states "you can work through our affiliate company to help market your invention to the industry on a contingency basis!" They will then say well this money is to help pay for helping you to get your patent, marketing costs, trade shows etc. But read their initial disclosure carefully and it states " PAW does not engage in the business of invention development or marketing services. No inventors have received a net financial gain as a result of PAW services..." "PAW only provides patent assistance services and informational services related to the invention industry". As you can see, PAW promises many things, but they are really simply a scam to take your money and at the most they can do is to possibly help you get a patent. I asked if I could speak to the lawyer they work with and they replied "only after you pay for the $10K (or whatever patent protection plan you decide to buy). Also, never was told what university my idea was being sent to for review. Face it: there is NO university, the lawyer is questionable, and they will use your money to help you get your product to trade shows et. In fact, read the other disclosure before giving your $10K which reads: "If no interest is generated at a trade show, through the efforts of the ILA, PAW will NOT be required to notify the inventor" See - they never intend to take your product to a trade show and they dont even have to tell you about it. Please do not fall victim to this organization. Hope this has been helpful to at least one person out there!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Patent Assistance Worldwide complaints
Patent Assistance Worldwide - patent assistance worldwide

Comments

28th of Jan, 2011 by   paw is great -1 Votes
It's amazing some of the misinformation some of you guys are giving on this company. I paid $12, 500 for my utility patent to Patent Assistance Worldwide. I did REAL research by getting qoutes from 3 different patent attorneys in my area and ALL were well over that amount. Matter of fact they averaged OVER $300 per hour, PLUS I would have additional fees if the Patent Examiner challenges ANYTHING on my application! I also was qouted it may take over 80 hours of work on average to complete an application and subsequent challenges. Additionally, I noticed that Patent Assistance was NOT one of those invention promotion companies that have been bugging the crap out of me. Davision, Invent Help and Invent Tech all wanted $$ to build me a prototype and advertise and represent my idea--then refer me to an attorney for the patent! I would have paid twice!

Without the help of Patent Assistance Worldwide, I would NOT be in patent pending status right now...it would have simply cost too much. By the way, I went with them simply becuase the actually used a patent attorney for my work. The money I spent was for 1) My patent search and some research on the marketing of my idea and 2) My actual patent application and representation for up to 3 challenges by the Patent Examiner. NOT once was I asked for $$ to market or license my idea.

My idea was in a Homewares trade show in Chicago on March 4-6 and should be in the upcoming show in Las Vegas in May. I plan on going to a Vegas licensing show in June myself. Look, I though long and hard about spending my money, but did REAL research and had my wife who is an attorney watch this the whole way thru. I am extremely happy with what is happining with my idea and am amazed at the misinformation by some of you all that have not invested one dime into really making your idea work.

Take your endevor seriously and get professional advice on moving forward, whether it's with this company or any other resource. You will be the better for it. I thank Patent Assistance Worldwide for helping me with this seemingly overwhelming process.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   paw is great 0 Votes
it is unfaire and unathical to spread lies about Patent Assistance Worldwide. I have worked with them for the past 2 years, they assistaed me with my patent application.
they were very promet in returning my calls and very profissionals.
i have paid $11, 000 for a utility patent and my patent was just graned and issued, evry time i requested to speak to the patent attorney they arranged for the conferance call. he answered all my questions and my personal attoerney check him, he is registered ith the US Patent Office.
They were very clear about not being an invention promotyion company and the marketing is done through an affilete marketing company. The marketing company was as profissional as Patent Assistance Worldwide and has helped me submite my patent to a manufacturere who has made me an offer for a license which I am considering.
with out the help of Patent Assistance world wide I will not have a patent or an intrested manufacture.

the above client did not go through the whole process as I did, I am sure if he did he will have a differenet opinon...
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   md1669 0 Votes
I also had patent assistance worldwide help me with filling for a patent, after 16 months my patent was issued and granted with the help of patent attorney working with patent assitance worldwide.
i did understand marketing will not be done through patent assistance worldwide but through an independent marketing company, i do have to agree with the above comment, I never was asked to pay for marketing the patent it was all done on commission bases.
i have recomended patent assistance worldwide to all my friends and family who is intrested in development and patents for inventions.
i am not posting this comment to convince anyone to us patent assistance worldwide, i am sharing my positive experiance i had with this company.
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   tspepsirain 0 Votes
I am in the process of working with Patent Assistance Worldwide. I was told EXACTLY what TG3 said. they wanted 1279.00, they said i can keep 90%, they said they'd do all the leg work. I was all in for it too, however my father said I should do research on the company to see if they are legit. I did some digging. I looked up the address that came from one of their emails. The address showed up as a hotel in florida. There was NO listing of paw in the "company" list that google maps had on it. searching the name on the maps shows the address though. Going to street view shows nothing on the lot. Also they're website says that they have been around for the last 10 years, but I haven't found anything on them from before the last year. The earliest I have found on anything is the creation date on their website look up. Hosted by go daddy, it was made late in the year in 2007. I am going on the highly sceptical position now. The next time I am in contact with my "advisor", Chris, I'll ask him for the name of the university, some other product refrences that they have had that are sucessfull, and some names that I can actually contact to ask them what the expierence was like. I WILL post again with my findings.
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   The Truth Will Always Come out 0 Votes
Patent Assistance worldwide is a Huge Scam Protected by some truth yes they do use patent attorneys but only a fool would pay 10k for what you could do on your own for 1k also they will charge you 5k for a provisional you could get on your own for $300, First off almost everyone is told they have a great idea, There is no review meetings, Fact they go on about how there are not an invention promotion company, And try to bash companies such as Invent Help Fact Invent Help Has had many successful products come to market as a result of there services, they Have not had one Fact the owners of Patent Assistance World wide use to Work at Invent-Tech and started there own company scaming people in a similar fashion that they use to, the main people than run Paw all have fake names, Now here is the really fun part they say they will do the marketing for free threw there licensing affiliate fact ther licensing affiliate is GLP Global licensing partners one guy that works in there same office in a small room !!, Now 90 % they will give you of the royalties wow how could that be licensing agreements usually are 3% or 6 % 9% at the most, Ive had a private investigator on these guys for somtime, And the Ftc has had numerous complaints on them, Also that Blue Lagoon address they have there is nothing there but a conference table and a girl They actually operate out of the 3550 biscayne blvd address, Next time you speak to George Montana at Paw or His Insect partner Jim montgomery, Tell em sorry Mohhamed & Mr Castillo you are not scaming me !!!
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   Amber832 +1 Votes
Anyone who has any legitimate info on this company, please report it to Florida State Attorney Generals office.. In efforts to get them to stop taking innocent peoples money and hopefully go after this scum company!!! (850)414-3300. Everything about this company is just wrong!!!
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   Sulli 0 Votes
Foolishly, I had an invention and I went through PAW. How do I get back the money that I gave to them as its been over 3 years and my invention went absolutely no where.
 9th of May, 2011 by   its2am 0 Votes
I agree! I followed their link while researching patents/trademarks. I DID NOT enter in my phone number but I received 5 calls today. When I returned the calls, someone with a very thick accent answered and hung up on me 4 times. Based on that alone, I did a fraud/scam search on Complaints Board. thank you!
 13th of May, 2011 by   scoutsniper82 0 Votes
I am glad I decided to read these posts. I was recently asked to give money to PAW and decided to do some research. I believed it would be a good investment because of the Better Business Bureau, rating this company an "A". My mind has been changed and I'm glad I decided to investigate before it was too late. This is sad how company's take advantage of people especially myself as a soldier with 2 deployments overseas to protect our country. All PAW has from me is pictures of my prototype and what they ask for in the inital stage. Thank You! Money well saved!
 14th of May, 2011 by   its2am 0 Votes
BBB is notorious for letting business buy a higher rating.

18th of May, 2011 by   Ochocinco 0 Votes
I have started working with Patent Assistance Worldwide and am doing my due diligence on them as well as other companies in the industry. I was unable to find any complaints on them with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC.gov) or the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO.gov). I was very happy to see that they have an "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB.org)
I came across this page and read the reviews as well. The negative complaints all seem to boil down to two scenarios: either people did not want to pay for the service or were not written by customers.
The only two people who claim to have paid for the services and were unhappy with the work were Tg3 and Sulli. I feel bad for Tg3 that he feels he was misinformed that he would only have one fee. I can say that any misinterpretation was not the case for me. I was informed from the very beginning and on at least three calls before I ever received any proposal in the mail that I would be responsible for research and patent expenses. It was clearly explained to me that the product innovation proposal was not covering the filing of a patent. Tg3 should be happy that the market research and patent search came out favorable. There is nothing preventing him from filing for a patent with another patent attorney and marketing the idea on his own. As for Sulli, I am not quite sure why he blames a patent company that his invention went "no where" after 3 years. Doesn't one go to a patent company in order to get a patent which you clearly have after 3 years?
The rest of the complaints seem to be from noncustomers. I don't understand how someone can accuse a company of "taking innocent peoples money" and that they "take advantage of people" when the accusers never paid the company a dime and they've never seen the work that the company performs for the money. These people might as well be saying that they know that their inventions are stupid and they can't believe that anyone would want to do a patent search and research on the invention unless its a scam.
I haven't decided whether I will follow through with my invention yet, for mostly financial reasons. But, I would never allow my opinion to be swayed by anyone that never followed through with the services. Previous customers are the only people who can judge the true value of any goods or services.
 12th of Jun, 2011 by   Russs +1 Votes
I have just experienced the taste of this scam on myself, fortunately without losing money largely to this complaintsboard posts (thanks TG3)
My story. I had an idea to basically improve buyers experience at retail stores and wrote down the idea on one of invention submission websites. Somehow PAW got my submission and I receive a phone call from the guy named Jose. Right away he tells me how interesting and how much potential the idea has and tells me to wait for the results of independent board's review of my idea. My hopes are up and my ego is boosted at this point (wow I'm going to change how retail stores like Walmart do business). Couple more phone calls from Jose follow assuring me that my idea has a potential and "let's keep our fingers crossed about board's review". Meanwhile common sense comes back and doubts about my revolutionary idea start to sink in. I do some research, tell my idea to friends and quickly find that my idea to speed up the customer shopping by automatically allowing customers to look up aisle number of searched product contradict one of main business rules -- to make customers stay at the store as long as possible. Hence i know or at least strongly suspect that my idea is naive and probably worthless. If my common sense tells me that then why does PAW not even question my idea. Next I go to this board and read about what's going to happen next. Exactly like TG3 wrote my PAW agent Jose calls to congratulate me and to say that (the most likely fictional) independent board's review came up positive. Now folks, this guy is an actor, after I knew it was scam I listened to how he spoke and you could tell it was a well rehearsed many times acted out speech with congratulations and encouragements. Thanks for the provided here information I ask Jose question about "University" PAW has and whether I can check out their physical address and tour the labs. "We don't release that information for competitive reasons". All right I say and are you going to ask me pay $1279 to continue to the next stage (to the university testing that I can't even be sure it exists -- I think to myself)? "Actually it's $1295 now, the price went up.." Lol i think. "And can I see the independent board's review of my idea before I cash out that money" I ask. "No you can't, we don't release that for competitive reasons" WOW-- you gotta take me really as a fool, expecting me to pay $1295 to start working on idea that doesn't hold water even to my friends, wow. At this point Jose understands I'm not gonna be a cash cow for them and tells me he will close my file. "THANK YOU" I say, that's exactly what I want you to do. Tnank you.
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   Relieved01 +1 Votes
Ugh, I'm so saddened by all this:-( I just recently had a great idea and like all of you they said the exact same thing. . . And yes, it is 1, 295. I don't feel the need to go into detail because it's already been said time after time on this board. Don't get me wrong I am very happy for all of you that have gotten patents or trade shows but those posts don't feel personal. Those posts seem more like scammers from the company posting things to make people think this place actually did JACK for someone. Thank you all.
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   ROXY 4 0 Votes
i cant believe this i was just about to overnight a check to paw of a 1, 279 thankfully i had a family member who works in the legal field look over the contract before i signed it and sent it in with a check. thanks to her apprehensiveness i decided to see if there was anything like this out there where i could find out what people who used them experiences would be ..i want to thank all of u for sharing your stories you saved me 1, 279 dollars which is a lot for me, i had to borrow from family to come up with that money . I am a mother of four children a very low income family even and my consultant at paw (joey ) knew all of this and didn't care. he was telling me today was the deadline to send the money and contract in so that my idea will be debuted in a trade show going on in october.. then what, in a couple of months he would have asked me for 12, 000 ??? I do not have that kind of moneyso again THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP I AM NO LONGER WORKING WITH THIS COMPANY ! BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO ?THEY HAVE MY IDEA AND AN ILLUSTRATION OF MY IDEA . I STILL STRONGLY BELIEVE IN MY IDEA I DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO N WHO TO TRUST FROM HERE ON OUT.
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   jbi0hazardj 0 Votes
ROXY4 Thankfully this company makes you sign the nondisclosure form and they tell you to write this is not a release on anything you send to them, so if they are to leak your idea to anyone you can easily file a lawsuit against them. I took screen shots of everything I sent them online. I just received my "contract" today and saw how vague it was and decided to do some digging. I found these and many similar posts. When my advisor K. Bridgewater calls me today to review the contract I'm going to have a few words to say to him. I thankfully haven't submitted any money to them and am going to look into local patent attorneys for help.
 11th of Aug, 2011 by   wantmyjusticenow 0 Votes

I'm actually not too sure about this company. I've heard good things about them and bad things about them. But I guess that's to be expected since no one company can't please anybody.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   BGlove2233 0 Votes
Patent Assistance worldwide ARE SCAMMERS!!! I am going through the same guy (Jose) that Russ has went through...HE first starts with "well let's see if the higher up people aprove of your idea"...so i wait a couple of days and he calls back with a big congrats!!! "they really like your idea" so i was like "ok great" so now he starts with "now that step is done, I am going to send you a packet with everything that needs to be filled out to get you started" so i was like "ok well to be honest with you i dont really have any money right now is this going to cost me anything?because that would be stupid to do all this and wast my time and yours" he tells me "no" thats what makes you different from all other companies"we dont want money until you make money".I was like ok cool.Well i get the packet in the mail and i open it up and there was the total of 1, 295.00.so i pick up the phone and call him and ask him y did you say it wasnt going to cost me anything when i got this packet sitting right here in front of me with a total?He gave me some bull crap and said but would that be the only thing that is stopping you to continue with us? i said yeah i told you i didnt have money right now and you said i wouldnt have to pay money until i made money... well im not making any money.so he said ok well if thats the only thing that is stopping you..i will talk to people around here and pull some string to get this figured out for you.He tells me that he does not want to lose me that i have no idea how hard it is to get to this point and it would be stupid to throw all this way over a problem we can fix.so i said ok call me back when you figure something out.well he calls me yesterday and says he has good news.i said ok whats up? he tells me that he got it dropped down to 995.00.i told he well i would have to talk to my husband about it and he said ok well just kind make it quick because i have this show i am going to and if i know he are going to do it then that show will be a good way to get you out there and started...well i said ok and hung up...called my husband and he said it sounds really fish..he looked them up and thats how we found this site and i am so glad for this!!! so now jose is going to call me tom. and i cant wait because i am going to tell him to shove it up his ass but first i am going to mess with him alittle bit..ill do it just for all of you guys that got screwed over by this asshole!!!
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   Lost_InTheSauce 0 Votes
What I don't understand is all the complaining and bashing of this company, as well as every other patent company I've looked at out there, but no better alternative is ever mentioned. Now of course you could do it yourself, but have you read a patent? I haven't the slightest clue what have it means. The patent jargon is crazy. Now I'm not a customer but I do have an idea and I want to patent and sell it. As a new "inventor", for a lack of a better term, I feel lost in general. I guess my best bet would be to sit down with a patent attorney and pay the hourly fee's and find out that route. This whole process seems absurd. Now if only someone can "invent" a better way to get my idea secured without the worry of it being stolen and/or spending thousands of dollars on nothing.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   dlwork56 0 Votes
Can anybody tell what does work for a new invention?
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   t. holtz 0 Votes
I got asked for the 1295 too. And got it lowered to 995 after a few days... this really trips me out and I don't think I'm going to go through with it

Lessons from the Crash of 1987