logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
PCH
You cant register for cash prize
2. (4 mins ago)
WIN PAYMENT CENTRE
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR WINNING PRIZE
5. (11 mins ago)
Awok.com
No value for customer complaints

Consumer Tips & Tricks

731 Pilot Road, Suite A
Las Vegas, Nevada
Phone: 702-617-0202
passionparties.com
I attended a 'Passion Party' in April 2005, which was hosted by an independent consultant. I paid for the items in cash because the consultant did not accept credit cards. The items were supposed to be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks. After a month and a half went by with no items, I contacted the consultant and found out that her son had 'eaten' the order forms. Yeah, right. I let her know what items I had ordered so that she could place the order and she said that she'd let me know when the order came in. Another month went by and I hadn't heard anything. The consultant no longer returned my emails. I also spoke with all of the other girls who went to the party and they hadn't received their products either.

At that point, I sent the corporate office two emails asking them to assist me with this matter. Their automated response systems said I would hear from someone in 1-2 business days. I never got a response. I then called the corporate office and after a few days of trying got to speak with someone there. The associate told me to email her an explanation of the situation and also a copy of my receipt. I emailed her both of these things that day and never heard anything.

I called the office today (about 3 weeks later) and found that the associate I had spoken with no longer works for the company. I explained my situation to the girl who had answered the phone and she said that they couldn't do anything about it because I had paid in cash. They wouldn't even try to contact the consultant!!! So, now I'm out $60+, but I have learned two very valuable lessons: NEVER do business with Passion Parties, and NEVER pay cash! Apparently, a receipt stating that you paid cash isn't going to get you anywhere with this company.

I understand that these consultants are 'independent contractors', but the company needs to realize that the consultants are the 'face' of their business. If they don't try to resolve these types of issues, they look just as guilty as the consultant!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Jul, 2008 by   Lorraine 0 Votes
Jerry,

I've seen your complaint on at least 10 or more sites. The lengths you're going to "get this story out" seem sort of suspicious - almost like you might be a competitor.

Is there any representative from Passion Parties who can say whether this story is true or not? And, if it is, what you intend to do about it if this customer has a receipt showing they paid for products. I'd like to hear both sides of this story. I've heard nothing but good things about Passion Parties and my own personal experience has been fantastic. I got my products shipped to my door within a week.

Lorraine
 11th of Aug, 2008 by   Lauren +1 Votes
Hi, my name is Lauren and I am a Passion Party consultant. I can not comment on if what happened to the writer of this complaint is true or not, but what I can say is that is not a practice that Passion Party consultants follow or support. If that situation did take place, I am thinking maybe it was a women who started in the business and then quit. She then must have continued to advertise herself as a current PP consultant which is unacceptable. I can assure you that I have never heard of a situation like this happening and I hope it never happens again! Passion Party is a great company and we all value our customers with the utmost respect. I am very sorry that there is/was a bad seed out there, but I would hate for the actions of one individual to taint us all. If ever you are planning on hosting a Passion Party or doing business with a Passion Party consultant, always ask for their Consultant ID number and then confirm with our corporate office that they are active. You can find PP corporate information on there website at www.passionparty.com.

If you are interested in having a Passion Party of your own or to find out more about our company, please visit my website at www.divapassionparties.com.

Have a Passionate Day!
-Lauren :)
 15th of Sep, 2008 by   Sheena Lane -1 Votes
You should not have been treated this way. If you had a valid receipt and the consultant could not confirm delivery, then Passion Parties would have given you your products. Simple as that.

www.naughtyshopathome.com
 21st of Sep, 2008 by   PassionsGrace +1 Votes
I am very sympathetic with the original poster however Passion Parties does not conduct business that way. Corporate would not have dismissed you as you claim they did provided you provided them with the receipt. What they would've done is pulled the info on this consultant and if she in fact quit or became not active her sponsor would have been immediately notified. Your products would've been sent to you provided you had sent them a receipt for what you paid for and I'd assume it would've come out of the sponsors "wallet". In any case their policy is to send the products to the customers that have registered "non-delivery" complaints and if the consultant is still active she has to pay PP for your items before she can place another order.

I would've become suspicious when the consultant said she didn't accept credit cards. We all do. Passion Parties processes all credit cards for us.

I personally put my consultant ID on everything my customers receive from me.
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   Carol Fisher -1 Votes
I am having the same problem. I attended a party in 6 months ago, paid up front for 2 items, received 1 and a note that the other was on back order and the consultant would "reach out to me" later. That never happened. I have email the consultant twice and the company once with no respsonse from either. I've never had this eperience with any other home party company that I have dealt with. I am pursuing mine with the BBB and through small claims court because I work too darn hard for my money to give it away!
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   Sarah +1 Votes
I do not believe that this is any one's style of business or how they wish to conduct it. When dealing with home parties or any direct selling business, customers must understand that when they are ordering from a consultant this individual is a independent contractor. They are not an employee of the company. If you paid your purchase with a credit card, you can reverse the charge. If you paid by check, you can get a copy of the cashed check and head over to your local police department to file a report against the individual. The BBB can't do anything because it is an independent contractor, it has nothing to do with the business that the contractor represents. Small claims may be another option.
 6th of Feb, 2009 by   amy -1 Votes
I just hosted a Passion Party this past month and it has been a nightmare!!! I didn't recieve my free hostess gift and I also didn't get all my money in free produsts, she lied about my sales and ripped me off. The shipping prices are horrible. Never again would I use this company or ever recommend them to someone else. This has really been a nightmare. I spent over $100 on food and drinks and had over 20 people attend and she lied and told me my sales were under $350 and I also had people order with her after the party was over and they tried to screw me out of that money also. I talked to most of the people that attended the party so I know what was actually spent and lets just say I got ripped off bad. BEWARE OF PASSION PARTIES!!!
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   Lisa +1 Votes
Does anyone else notice that this person is saying they went to a party in 2005 and then contacted the company "Today" and the complaint is dated in 2008?? Sounds a bit suspicious to me. After 3 years do you actually think that any company would do something for you? Seriously??
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   Melinda +1 Votes
I have read every single one of the comments posted and I have to say I am quite surprised. I personally have had trouble with other party companies as a customer myslef but you have to be pro active in finding a solution. And as far as the Passion Parties home office is concerned they are amazing and are always more than willing to help, so Im not so sure where that went wrong. I am a Passion Parties consultant and could not imagine working though another company because they are wonderful. I am sorry for your bad experiance but don't take it out on the company... don't do business with that person anymore. I do think it is a little strange that it took a year for Jerry to file a complaint... but thats not for me to judge.

I hope that all that read this understand that this 'bad things' did not happen becasue of PASSION PARTIES ... they are simply poor business practices by individual people and that is very unfortunate, it could have happened with ANY party company... as simple as that.

I hope you all have a wonderfully passionate Valentines
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   janedore +1 Votes
I dont know why you would spend time posting here.
I would have posted a complaint with the police stating that this woman has stolen my money. If they wont take the complaint, then file charges on your own civilly.

If you have all the other people that attended as witnesses, she cannot easily explain to the courts why all of you have proof of payment and no items!

If you know where she works, even better! Have the police department serve her with your complaint at her at her job!

Not sure what you expected the company to do. THis woman was a crook. There is a good chance that she just picked up blank receipts from a supply store since she knew that she was going to be stealing all the money in the first place.
Either way, I am not sure what you expect the passion party people to do.

I do NOT work for them (nor would I ever) but if you change passion party to Tupperware, I would expect the same response.

SOrry this happened to you but the problem is the woman that took your money.
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   wanda2 -1 Votes
My PP consultant was shady too. The math did NOT add up. But the poor chick lives hand to mouth and is trying to make it selling vibrators. I wasn't exactly expecting an MBA caliber experience.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   PassionsGrace +1 Votes
Wanda,

As was mentioned earlier, did the math not add up because you were looking at the total cost after shipping and taxes or before? The amount is based on the total before taxes and shipping and before your own/the hostesses personal order. Regardless of your belief that the consultant lives hand to mouth, I would have called her on it if I believed her math was wrong. It may have been an honest mistake.

However, there are always bad seeds and it doesn't matter what company you go through. Most people get into the business of home party sales to run a legit business and do it very well but there is a very small percentage who think it's a great way to rip people off and they do a lot of damage to those of us who do everything we can and more to please our customers. But it's not just in sales...look at the high level exec's for insurance companies, financial advisers, mortgage brokers, etc who rip people and corporations off for millions.

Something you may not realize when you make a comment like "But the poor chick lives hand to mouth and is trying to make it selling vibrators. I wasn't exactly expecting an MBA caliber experience." Many of us ARE highly educated and very professional! I personally have a legal degree, am a former police officer, and worked in professional offices as Executive Administrator for 20 years. I know a lot of women in this business who are University grads and doing Passion Parties part-time as a social outlet to get a breath of fresh air from the stuffiness of the corporate world. OR, as with myself, full time as a business and making more money selling vibrators in 1 weekend than my husband, a Senior Electrical Product Engineer and Physicist, does in 2 weeks and working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day + overtime.

Yes, I too have made addition mistakes in my business. Picture it...you have just done a party for 23 women starting at 8pm. You have spent two hours talking and showing products, answering questions, trying to talk over people who are chatting about the latest movie or their kids, packing everything up, and taking orders. In the ordering room, people are not prepared and examining the catalog again and asking further questions, taking payments, etc. By the time everything is said and done and the hostess has her turn, it may be midnight or later, your eyes are glossing over and you still anticipate an hour drive home. Are your math skills always going to be bang-on? Probably not. Mistakes happen and if anyone believes that I may have made a mistake I would expect they call me on it. If I discover I have made a mistake, I always notify the customer, even if it's at year end close-out and it's a party from months ago.

But can you tell me...if your consultant made a mistake in your favor, like sent you an extra product that you didn't order, would you contact her or send it back?

One thing I have learned in this business and in life...Never judge what you don't know for sure.
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   Upsetwithpassionparties -1 Votes
I went to my neighbors PP two and half months ago and still have not recieved our $60 worth if product! Neither has anyone else, about $1300 total we figure. I am pissed... She won't answer my phone calls either, her name is Cindy Cullison and lives somewhere in Snohomish County, WA. I can't find my reciept and dont know how I can serve her small claims documents since I only know her name and phone number. If what everyone is saying on here is true about PP not being responsible for independant contractors doing this to people, then I am saying dont do business with PP, there are plenty of shops around you can buy the same thing for the same price or even cheaper in some cases and walk away with your product. I used to be a PP consultant a few years ago and failed because my sponsor ditched out on me and I didn't know how to throw a fun filled party (ie games ect) and at that time PP didn't process customer cards for me like the woman says above. So I missed out on making my quota to maintain my membership. It was my fault I failed, but I wouldn't have ever thought to take everones money and run. Screw PP.
 30th of Apr, 2010 by   ladydragonfire +1 Votes
I am an independent consultant with Passion Parties... I LOVE MY JOB!!! I have never heard of anyone here in Canada doing that. I am so sorry to hear that some consultant out there would do this to people. This is my business and I treat it as so...a business. Without passion parties, I would not be able to stay at home with my son during the day and make the money I need to help support my family. At a 40% profit margin, I do not know why anyone would need to not fill the orders for people. I personally ALWAYS announce my consultant ID # at the start of my shows as part of my introduction. I also always point them to my website, where my consultant ID is also shown. I encourage CC use as then there is a paper trail of the order amounts. I make less money using cc...(36.5% rather then 40%) however the security is much higher for both myself and my customers. For the woman who had her sponsor quit on her...I have actually "ADOPTED" other passion party consultant who this has happened to and have had them "Shadow" a show of mine so that they get the training that they deserve if they were unsure of what to do, or how to place an order.

I am so sorry to hear some of these negative comments. If you are in Saskatchewan Canada I will personally come out to do your show for you!! If you are in another area, I can find you a consultant who is on our team of wonderful Diva's that spread throughout most of the USA too.

Crystal
 13th of May, 2010 by   SpicyHP -1 Votes
Hi yall! I just wanted to comment! I am a Spicy Home Parties Rep, they are a fairly new company but I love them!! Everything is so simple, no hidden fees and no scams, and we have never had an issue with a rep stealing, although I can see where that could be a problem because we are all independent reps, and not an employee of the company. You should always get the reps personal information, id number, phone, first and last name...check her out, before booking. there is something that can be done for this type of fraud...contact the police dept, they will be able to help for sure!! As for those making comments about reps that are uneducated...wow, how rude! I have a Bachelor's Degree from an ivy league school, so I take that largely offensive. I have a degree in Business, and I am currently working on my Masters. Joining Spicy Parties has helped me make more money but also give me a good understanding of managing a business, which is what I am in school for, soooo please don't think that us women "selling vibrators..." are all poor and stupid...we probably make more money than most, more educated, and after all WE are running our own business. Had to get that out, thanks!! I think Passion Parties is a great company and I also think Spicy Parties is a great company. I think passion parties consultants should have higher commission levels like Spicy Parties, and that is the only reason I join with SHP, but other than that I love them both!!! We all have to stick together in this business! xoxo
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   Intimate Mystique Parties -1 Votes
If you would like to be a home party rep again I run an adult toy party company based in Ohio. Check out our website for more info www.intimatemystique.com or give me a call at 614-529-8897. With our company you will not have to worry about any of the issues that you have had with any other company. One of the best things about our company is you DO NOT have to purchase your demo kit!!! Once you pass a background and credit check you get your demo kit FREE! We also supply you with business cards, catalogs, order forms and any other marketing items that you may need! I hope to hear from some of you ladies that were not happy with other party companies!
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   Passion butterfly +1 Votes
I am also a passion party consultant and have never heard of this happening but it does happen and is frowned upon in this company and like someone said before the woman is obviously not a active consultant I am so sorry that this happened to you but if you had your receipt our company will contact the consultant and get you your money back so I'm not really sure if you contacted the right person or company because you can contact someone Monday through Friday and they will answer all your questions also your hostess should have had her first and last name and you can file a police report and press charges in your town so someone didn't do there homework at ALL!!! All I'm saying is someone is being very dishonest or company bashing like someone said above...It could have been done to you but you didn't follow the correct steps too get your money back if you would have your money would have been refunded too you !I'm sorry this happen too you if it really did and not saying that this person was right for doing it but you should have taken proper measure too get your money back and get her arrested. At every party I do they have my first and last name, my website, and all of my email addresses even my facebook info its really easy to find someone on the internet !!!
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   GinaStarnelli +1 Votes
I think that for you to say the people who well adult toys are poor, is a very wrong statement. Passion Parties has a Million Dollar Club, because so many people make a great living! My friend opened her business and in one year she made $65, 000- on top of her nine to five job! And it is not all vibraters. There are games, lotions, lip balms, shaving creams, and candles as well! To even own a Passion Parties business takes a lot of hard work, time, and dedication, not to mention marketing knowledge and brains! So for you to say she was living hand to mouth, shows that you are an ignorant woman. She no doubt makes more money then you do, and SHE HAS A BLAST OF FUN DOIN IT! So don't be jelous! It's simple. If you want to sell quality products, make money, friends, and have fun- Join Passion Parties :D
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   SpicyHP 0 Votes
I agree gina, I am a Spicy Home Parties Rep and all of us girls make a great additional income. I love it! I think it's funny when people say we don't make a nice chunk of change...;) that's ok, just leaves more sales for us!
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   Fantasia Home Parties Rep +1 Votes
Well let me start out by saying that I am a Fantasia Home Parties rep from Gadsden, AL! I have been to a Passion Parties party and our rep was awesome! She answered all our questions and EVERYONE got what they ordered! She only ran my card for what I owed, nothing more! I also take offense to being called "uneducated because I sell vibrators!" I am using this business to make an additional income to put myself through collage! Fantasia, and all other romance party companies that I am aware of, holds the utmost respect for our customers! Without our customers, we wouldn't have a business! I give out my hostess gift when I get to the party! I love being able to set my own hours and be in control of how much I make! I WILL NOT EVER CHEAT A CUSTOMER OUT OF ANYTHING! I put my name, phone number, personal email, and website on everything! They are welcome to call Fantasia and check me out before booking, I actually encourage them too! Without my customers, my business would fail! I want them to have a wonderful experience with me so they are repeat customers, not just one timers! I'm not saying that it didn't happen to you, but honestly, not all romance reps are what you said we are! We do not judge the hostess of the party, so please don't pass judgment on the reps! I am not looking to take advantage of anyone and I only ask them to give me the same respect! In the future, please check the representative out BEFORE you do the party! Call the company and ask to make sure she IS ACTIVE and legit! Always keep the receipt! We offer a 30 day warranty on our vibrators, but without the receipt we wouldn't be able to know the actual purchase date! You always keep the receipt for the warranty and verification! Don't let a bad experience with one rep ruin the image of the industry!

Sincerly,