logo

jones,taylor & thompson
Golpe até no BRASIL
2. (25 mins ago)
BB&T Bank
They will flat ruin you!
3. (35 mins ago)
Somethingsphishy.com
Don't ever buy from them
4. (45 mins ago)

Posted:    M

crap ass company

PTL
Utah
i worked for PTL from 6/1/07 to 9/30/07 and the people who dont have a complaint about this company are very lucky in my book. the people that run PTL are the rudest non caring people you will ever meet at a trucking company, exspecially the dispatchers! my dispatcher's name was jessica i believe. she was absolutley out of line how she would talk to the drivers. she didnt just talk to me like this but other drivers as well that i came across said the same thing about her. when i finally had enough of her mouth and decided to stand up for myself i get sent to see one of the head honchos where i get cussed at...thats right i said cussed at! the drivers here are just a money making machine for them and they do not care wether u like it or not. thank God i never had a serious breakdown with this company like some others are talking about. i had a flat and got it fixed pretty quick, that was the extent of that though. all in all i got great miles and made around a thousand a week. As far as i can remember i never sat still unless it was my ten hours off. also i did always have a problem with the home time, i would put my hometime call in after being on the road for a month and a half which equiled a week off as we all know and they would always wait til the last minute to get me home, and on top of this they would call me a couple days later and ask when im coming back to work. i finally had to tell them to never call my house again during my time off. in my personal opion PTL has the (potential) to be a great trucking company if the owner would just step up and stop allowing his drivers to be disrespected and get rid of anyone regardless of thier postion who does this.
Comments United States Bullying and Harassment at Work
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Feb, 2009 by   JuJu -1 Votes
I worked for PTL and also broke down, but didn't have the same problems, however, they are dick suckers. Larry must have something for Jessica Patton because in the mail outs she has more service failures and everything bad (more than all other dispatchers combined) but she still has a job. As for breaking down - that's the shits of driving. What if you break down in the Sierra Nevadas? Yeah, think about that one.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   steelmanmtd3 0 Votes
i have been with ptl for almost 2 years. these complaints i see on here are due to the driver not knowing how to handle the situation. cause for one the maint shop sets up a hotel and pays for it for the driver. a comcheck is not needed. another is they do take care of the equipment and the drivers. if drivers here are willing to run then the miles are very good too. if the drivers that complain about this company worked as hard as they complain they would do good here. so for all of you that disagree with what i said i dont know what to tell you. they have been very good to me at all times. every company has bad days and so do the drivers. but its how well you handle it that determines whether you are a good driver or not in my opinion. take care and drive safe drivers.
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   TomR 0 Votes
I have to disagree with the complaint. I worked for PTL for 5 years and just retired 2 months ago. In the 5 years I had several breakdowns (that's just part of the job) and NEVER had problems with accomodations. I worked for another company before PTL and believe me Road Maint. at PTL is far superior to that other company. Like another poster stated we all have a bad day now and then. There is no perfect company to work for and, sad to admit, there are no perfect drivers (even tho I always thought I was). PTL is a good company to work with. And, I believe, that is the root of the situation - you have to work WITH each other to make it a good relationship. I worked with my Fleet Manager, Road Maint., et all and have only good memories of my years at PTL. Bottom line - If you aren't happy then move on. There's always another company that may be more suited to your style of working. Drive Safe Everyone...
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   realtruckdriver -1 Votes
I find that hard to believe...I have been with PTL years now, and the breakdown dept. r the ones who pay for the motel, no comcheck needed. They did it for me, and other drivers I have talked to...What r u, just out of school? That would explain it!!! Sounds like ur one of those drivers who is never going to like any com. Good luck with that!!
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   lovelypovely6 0 Votes
You gotta be kidding me dont you remember all that important stuff they told us in training clss all those numbers incase of emergency or breakdown. You didn't need a comcheck and you didnt need to call all over the company looking like a green horn for not knowing your stuff. Man trucking is trucking you just gotta find a company that fits with you and stick it out good and bad.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   trixy 0 Votes
Always...Always...Always... stash a 50 or 100 for emergency...Trucking 101.things are always better the next day.( think about it).you should have known that before you hit the highway...Keep on Truckin!
 21st of Mar, 2010 by   shane13080 0 Votes
I too worked for PTL, July '08 till Sept.'08. Part of why I left was to do with things like the 1st poster mentioned. I was a team driver. We had to find a motel twice. 1st time for our truck having problems but we caught in time to keep from breaking down. Guess we had enough sense to stay on top of things. We did ask the locals to send us to a location that had a T/A truck stop for the com checks, just in case we could not get them cashed at the motel. I want everybody to bare this in mind. We were told in orientation that they would pay the motel bill, but, the motel had to fax a copy of the cost to road maintenance first then they would get back in touch with the motel to have you write the com check out for the amount requested with PTL's authorization number. That particular time I had to do a bunch of running up and down the block to get us a room while my teammate watched our stuff. 2 hours max. though. 2nd time was them scheduling us to have am APU installed on the truck. This story is for the ideas on here that they set up the accomadations. Here again same results, except this time the motel did take the check, but, still took road maint. very long time to authorize stay and we were in this situation on their future plan. We were routed to that area. Yes, I had the appropriate #'s and all. I'm not saying they don't care or that they are not busy, though I did see alot of wasted time and laziness. Before judgement is passed, lets make one thing clear. Our truck did see a couple of times 4000-4200 miles in a week's time. Thats not from our lack of trying, but, us pushing them to give out the miles. Things could have been worse, but, better management could make this alot better. If you run team in a truck, miles should be better.
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   naked cowboy 0 Votes
I used to work for this company and my problems started right from the beginning. My recruiter's name was Kim Mullinix and she was rude and could not answer my questions properly. Trust me, these recruiters get an incentive off each driver they bring in so you are just another bonus check to them. She had to constantly put me on hold to even answer the simpliest questions and acted put out by them. Other drivers that worked there also complained about how snotty she was but apparently she can lie well enough to get drivers in the door. Dispatch was worse, when my mother died and I needed to get home to bury her they said "no, your family will wait on you" They were completley insensitive to my situation. This is a bad, bad company who don't care about their drivers. You are just a money maker to them. I advise all drivers to stay away from this corrupt, no good company.
 1st of Oct, 2010 by   frost12011 0 Votes
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   STONE COLD 0 Votes
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT PTL NOW I AM ONLY HEIRING BAD THING ABOUT THEM IN THE PASSED NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM AS OF RT. NOW.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   STONE COLD 0 Votes
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT PTL AS OF RT NOW IS THIS A GOOD CO. TO WORK FOR.
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   dreammaker 0 Votes
PTL IS A SAD COMPANY AND THOSE WHO GO THERE WILL FALL FUTHER IN THE HOLE
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   dreammaker 0 Votes
wELL THESE GUYS MUST HAVE GOT OUT JUST IN TIME
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   hedbanger 0 Votes
To the guy that spent 9 1/2 hours to get a motel, why the heck didn't you just just get it and get reimbursed the next day? I mean, c'mon man, get it together. It's as if you're still needing total care from a company like a damn infant. This is the reason I had my own authority but never hired.
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   otr driver 0 Votes
I'mvery curious to see just how this company works. just got hired. have orentation already scheduled. have plenty of experience to work for others just wanting to try something new. theres alot that you have to be ready for. alot that you have to expect being you have experience. think as long as you treat companies fairly they treat you fairly. would like some new responses to this company just to see what is ahead.
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   Semituff 0 Votes
Some of the women there are out of control and are cunts=can't understand normal thinking.
 29th of Nov, 2013 by   wayne4178 0 Votes
It's 11-29-2013
Can someone tell me the truth about PTL?
I've been reading a lot of negative things about them but it has mostly been from 2009 to 2010. what is going on with them now.
Have they improved or not. I'm getting ready to drive for them and would like to know.
 13th of Mar, 2014 by   KimD79 0 Votes