logo

Relo Montreal
Kept full deposit unreasonably
3. (24 mins ago)
gosignups.com
Staff accuses customers in cheating
4. (26 mins ago)
Billing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Palisades Collection Agency Complaints & Reviews - What can I do?

Palisades Collection Agency Contacts & Informations

Palisades Collection Agency

Posted:    Valerie

What can I do?

Palisades Collection Agency
Pacific palisades called this am saying that my husband owes for AT&T cell phone well they did this 3yrs ago took care of it then took off credit report then now they are at it again what can I do now? And we have good credit is it true about the s o l in calif? And can I use it on this so call collection company now? Need help anyone do I write back to credit report company or just tell this collection agency to take flying leap!!! thanks for listening.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2008 by   anissa 0 Votes
I have been having a major problem with Palisades Collection Agency. I never received any letters or phone calls from them. It showed up on my credit report for $519.00. I called ATT and they sent me to their fraud dept. That dept went back into their archived records, all the way back to 1999 and could not find any outstanding accounts. They sent me a letter stating that the account showing on my report was fraudulant and I sent copies to all 3 credit bureaus and to the collection agency as well. At the time, I could not find a phone # for the collection agency which seemed pretty suspicious. I did look on line and I saw that there were tons of complaints on this company. I also went to the better busisness bureau to see if this company was legitimate. They have also had tons of complaints. All 3 credit bureaus did deleteit from my account. That was in January of this year. At the end of June, it showed back up on my account. I resent all letters that I had sent previously with a new letter stating they removed it from my report earlier in the year and I wanted it removed and kept off of my report. I finally found a number for the company which is 800-991-9367. I called the number. It has an option that if you are calling about an account showing on your credit report press a number. Do not press that number. It will disconnect you every time. I pressed 0 to get a customer service rep. When I finally got a real person and explained that I was calling about an account showing on my credit report, they hung up on me. 3 times. After calling back the 4th time I got someone who was rude but willing to talk to me. She wanted my entire ssn#. I was told by ATT not to give it out. I told them I would give only the last 4 digits. She transferred me to a supervisor named Bruce. He wanted SSN# as well, I refused to give him them entire thing, only last 4. He was not pleased but I told him he should be able to look it up by name and verify with last 4 digits. He sent me to the dispute dept in which I talked to Lisa. She was extremely rude and was yelling at me saying I was going to pay it whether I liked it or not and she would continue to put it back on my credit report as long as she wanted to and there was nothing I could do about it. When I told her she was rude and unprofessional because she was yelling at me and cutting me off and that I was going to file a complaint with the BBB and the state attorneys office for bad business practices, she said she didnt give a SH*T and hung up on me. I kept thinking they could not be a legitimate collection agency. I have never delt with anyone like that. So I filed a complaint to the BBB. I am hoping that everyone who has found this on their credit report and knows that it is not a legitimate bill will also contact the BBB and I am hoping someone can shut these rude and very mean and malicious people down.
Please everyone with a problem with Palisades Collection ageny. Be pro-active and contact the BBB. I have faith that they will soon be out of business if enough people follow through.

Anissa from California
 2nd of Aug, 2008 by   anissa 0 Votes
oh, just one more thing.
I cannot say enough about getting a credit monitoring system.
I found a good one through one of my credit card companies.
It is called mycreditkeeper.com.
It seems to be the most resonable and gives you your report for all 3 credit bureaus for only 9.95 a month.
I have tried freecreditreport.com and they only give you Experian and that is for 14.95 a month and then additional monies if you want all 3.
My credit keeper is the best. They send you alerts by email if anything has changed on your report, negative or otherwise and it also shows any inquiries or applications for credit.
I think it is great. This is how I found the "potentially negative" account from Palisades on my report.

Again, anyone who has a problem with palisades, please submit a complaint to BBB. Good luck to everyone.

Beware of Alarm Company Scam!

Latest Groups