logo

1. (12 mins ago)
Kafaa
riverwood university
2. (18 mins ago)
incredible health remedies.com sciatica relief
money taken no goods received
3. (56 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-01-31 by    Jim1965

Scam-Over charge

Pacific Homeworks
Torrance, California
These people are scary and lied to me. A young man knocked on my door and said they were finishing up work on a house in the neighborhood. He asked if I wanted a free exterior paint inspection. Asked a few personal questions and said someone would call me to confirm. The guy barely left and he came back and said they couldn't get a hold of me by phone! I didn't even have a chance to turn on my cell phone. These people are very pushy. The scheduler, Amber, told me on the phone that two guys would be coming out the next day at 10am and would check the stucco. Instead, two well-dressed guys showed up in a small sports car. I thought either they were out a little too early to be clubbing or they were at my door to tell me the good news about Jesus. They asked to walk around the house and said if there was one layer of material on the stucco, that they'd just paint over it. They walked around the house and never measured. They talked about having their Marketing Team contact me. What contractor has a Marketing Team??? They gave me a price to paint the house for $27, 000 !!! (my house is 1300 sq ft) when a licensed painter gave me a price of $9, 000.
The next day my neighbor told me that they charged her $19, 000 for a walk in tub and they did the work without city permit and did not waterproof the tub walls. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels these people aren't who they claim to be. I won't be having them do any work here! Be very wary.
Comments United States Contractors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jan, 2014 by   Ruo +1 Votes
I agree that these people are very pushy. They came to our house to do a quote on the outside painting. We asked them for a business card and they said they just ran out of them. We asked for any kind of information they could leave with us and they said they just came from another house and gave out their last flyer. What contractor doesnt come prepared with any papers or business cards? Thanks for posting this review. They unprofessionalism already raised a red flag for us and this confirmed it.
 16th of Jan, 2014 by   f@tuffshed +1 Votes
they won't leave without you signing up. The best thing to do is to sign up then cancel the next day. They will call everyday because they are a pain in the ass and don't take no for an answer. The best way to get them to stop is to file a complaint with the BBB
 16th of Jan, 2014 by   f@tuffshed +1 Votes
they won't stop calling even after you have done a job with them. They price real high and won't leave your house until you sign up for a service, even then it's easy to get them to drop thier price really low, while others get hosed. I've told them to stop calling and they kept on so I filed a complaint with the BBB
 23rd of Feb, 2014 by   joannezr +1 Votes
We just had a very similar experience with representatives of Pacific Homeworks yesterday. On Friday, a nice young man had stopped by the house, saying they were working in the area, asking if we needed any work done. My husband had replied we needed our driveway repaved / replaced. He replied they would be back tomorrow (Saturday) with as estimate. Who came back was a two-man very pushy sales crew, who moved into our house for 2 hours, with a very aggressive sales pitch and what started out as a ridiculous $26, 000 estimate for the driveway, that they dropped down almost 50% to $14, 760 when they saw we weren't going for it and trying to get them out of our house. My husband had to ask them semi-politely 3 times to get them to leave, and would not leave the estimate or any literature or business cards from the company. We told them we weren't going with them because this was the first estimate we had gotten, but they were just not taking "no" for an answer. When they dropped their price so much, it was pretty obvious it was super-inflated to begin with, and now we just have no intention of using them at all. They haven't started calling yet, but now we're just waiting for that.
 25th of Apr, 2014 by   f@tuffshed 0 Votes
It's so sad to see that Pacific Homeworks harasses and lies about their service and their product. They need to be stopped
 25th of Apr, 2014 by   f@tuffshed 0 Votes
To ANYONE who is solicited by Pacific Homeworks to do improvements on your home DO NOT LET THEM IN. Do not give them your phone number because if you do they will NEVER stop calling you. They have a high turn over with their employess because they do not treat them well enough to stay. The offer a lifetime warranty but if you need repairs you are the LAST person they will send someone to make repairs. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
I had a master bathroom remodel in June 2013, for $14, 000 . I have had to call this company out 4 times to fix problems. The most recent being a pooling shower seat. I called 1/22/ 14 because the shower seat was pooling and there was missing grout. They sent someone out 2 weeks later and all they did was replace the grout. They said they had to get someone else to fix the pooling shower seat. I was told it would take 2 weeks to get the tile in (when the job started I was told it was stock tile and they didn't need to leave extra tile like they left for the rest of the job) Two weeks passed and I did not hear anything from them. When I called to see what was going on I was lied to and told someone from the office called me. No, they did not. I have voicemail! I was told someone would come out on 3/27, 4/16, 4/18, 4/21 no one showed nor did they call. Someone came out on 4/23, removed the improperly installed shower seat and put new tile in. The seat was ready to be grouted in 24 hours yet Mathew Miller lied or doesn't know that it doesn't take 3 days..the time they were trying to push my job completion back to. I was told that "Ryan" would be here at 7 AM to grout the seat on 4/25. It is 9:30 and he still is NOT here. I have cleared my schedule EVERY TIME they have promised to be here. They have wasted too much of my time with empty promises. This is the worst customer service I have ever had. I do not appreciate all the lies I've been told by this company. I am sure they would not appreciate if a customer was not home when they were scheduled to do a job. It would definitely cost them money. I have heard excuse after bull crap excuse LIES why they weren't there when I CONTACTED THEM. They don't even have the courtesy or integrity to call me. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. I did but I went back and told them how I was treated. I will tell everyone of my poor experience.view helps others learn about this businesses. Do not place a review if you have received any incentive for placing this review and/or you are in anyway connected to this businesses as an employee or owner.

Latest Trend In Identity Theft: Bank Text Alerts