logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Magic loans
refusing to reply to messages left with them re-refund
2. (24 mins ago)

Posted:    Dave J

Deceptive practices

Outrank.com
San Antonio, Texas
Outrank.com promises the world but delivers nothing except a charge to your credit card. When you try to seperate yourself from Outrank.com, that's when it gets real interesting. They stall, delay, hang up on you, and continue to charge your card. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jan, 2010 by   GWF +3 Votes
I agree, do NOT go any where near OUTRANK.COM
They get your credit card and do nothing else. My link is buried 8 pages deep in internet search and they garanteed first page after 1 month. They suk. Dont believe anything they say.
You get what you pay for. They charge justr enough to make it to make it hardly worth fighting to get it back. Multiply that by thousands and you see why the scum scammers are having a field day in this technology heavy, capitalist era we're in.
 20th of May, 2010 by   Pest Dude +3 Votes
DO NOT use this company!!
I was promised a #1 ranking in the Indianapolis search on Google and Yahoo!! My business is based in a very small subburb of Indy called Beech Grove. All my search terms were under Beech Grove and not Indianapolis?? Probably because they couldn't get me a #1 ranking under Indianapolis?? This company is a sham!!!
I had only 3 customers call in through outrank in a months time!! I've e-mailed the rep that set up my account about this issue several times and can not get a response from her!! Now that they have my money, they don't seem to care about thier customers!! I've spent $300 for absolutely nothing!!!
The company I was with before outrank was way more expensive, but at least produced the leads!!
RUN RUN as fast as you can from Outrank!!

William H
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   hughjorgen +3 Votes
This company is a rip-off and you would be best served by steering way clear of them. They design a sub-standard website and then do only a precursory level of search engine optimization on less than optimal search terms. They, in fact, only SEO one search term that is, again, not the ideal search term for the website in question. For instance, for a heating and air conditioning installation, repair and service company they SEO'd the search phrase "HVAC Contractor" which no one in their right mind would type into Google if they wanted Air Conditioning repair for example.

They don't even include any meta tag or alt text which are crucial to search engine optimization. They also made no effort to create a "robots.txt" file or a xml sitemap, also crucial for effective SEO. Skip these guys. Second rate SEO would actually be preferable to outrank.com
 26th of Jan, 2011 by   Outrank.com 0 Votes
It is regrettable that any of you have not had as positive of an experience as most of our clients are having. We continue to improve on communicating the proper expectations to each client doing more each time to educate them on the risk and rewards of marketing their business online in the search engines. At times, the proper expectations are lost in translation, so I would like to clarify a few things:

We do not sell keywords. We provide an online search marketing product designed to help increase the exposure of small businesses on the internet. We build our client a website that we optimize to rank organically in the search engines within the first 60 days. Our primary focus is on Google, Yahoo, and MSN/Bing. Rather than putting something in writing about how many calls you will get (we are not fortune tellers, solicitors, neither do we nor anyone else have any control over who calls any given business), our promise is to get you ranking on the major search engines so that potential customers WILL better FIND you. From there, there are many possible factors as to why someone may or may not call. The detailed level of work we do goes way beyond merely setting up a free business listing on Google.

We run about a 95% success rate on getting our clients into the position they desire. If you happen to fall into that 5%, we have a “Work for Free Guarantee” to act as a safety net, protecting you from having to continue to pay for a service that has not delivered on its promise.

Please feel free to contact me if you or anyone has an issue with our service. I will evaluate each situation in effort to correct any defects.

Thank you for the opportunity.

*Please note that a copy of the Terms & Conditions is immediately sent to each client minutes after signing up for the service. The agreement governs our relationship. If, after reading it you do not agree with the Terms, you are certainly entitled to exercise your 3-day right of rescission. Also note that our service is only a month-to-month agreement. You can discontinue service at any time; however, we do require a 30-day notice of cancellation.
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   Outrank.com -2 Votes
If you would like to contact us directly, please get in touch with David Lyon at dlyon@outrank.com or 877.332.4321 ext. 3040.
 5th of Feb, 2011 by   pancake408 -1 Votes
Their is nothing dishonest about this company and offer a fair price for there service. They do have a formula that they go by. They do guarantee to place you on the first page of 1 of the 3 search engines. Google, Yahoo, or Bing. Yahoo and Bing are easy so they have met their terms and promise. Most want Google placement but that takes time.
They will continue to optimize your listing to get higher placement.
I do think one of the weakness of the company is the emails you get from account managers. I know they are overwhelmed with email and seems they do not understand your concern or it gets lost in the emails.
This is where their guarantee gets in the way in emails as it is repeated way too many times.. It feels they have not addressed your concern and if they had it gets lost in the guarantee and optimize your listing being repeat too much.
So what is the secret. Talk to them on the phone and let them do their job and in time they will get you high on Google. You will show up in more search result under different headings too. If your still not happy look for another service but I feel you will be sorry. My opinion
 7th of Apr, 2011 by   Ricardo357 0 Votes
Outrank (profitfuel) is now stealing your Google identity by superimposing their own phone number for your site and then asking for your PIN provided by Google Places postcard. Your phone and mailing address are a business' only verifiable methods of confirmation and Outrank finally figured out how to loop around it. Outrank is a scam that preys on small businesses as large businesses have web teams, IT teams and/or legal teams that can see through the bullshit
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   IBW +1 Votes
Fraudulent and Deceptive - They used a different phone number instead of my client's real business phone number. It is a virtual phone number that is not in service and is not in the places account! Unable to get this fake phone number removed, as well as to remove images that are NOT in places account, so reported it to Google. Will be making a formal complaint about this company. Use them at your own risk. I am still trying to undo the damage they caused to my client's places page and his business. Changes I made have increased customer's ranking, but is showing the FAKE AND NON-WORKING phone number. Was able to get rid of domain name and awful page they used that DOES NOT represent my client's business. Real domain now showing but fake phone number continues. Hopefully, prospective customers will click on "more info" to see where I put the correct phone number. Two phone numbers are listed on places page. The second number is correct, the first one is FAKE! I wrote a small paragraph that is showing above the description on the places page where the correct phone number is listed. I am so angry I could spit sparks. Sounds like a good Class Action Lawsuit is in order here. Put these scammers OUT OF BUSINESS.
 7th of May, 2011 by   joenormal +1 Votes
Taylor at Outrank calls me saying " im calling about your servicemagic account. I think I should here what he has to say, if my account is in question. The he says he is not with servicemagic, then he tells me how bad servicemagic is. I hang up on him, he calls back he says I have to listen, I told him I didnt want his service and hung up again. He calla back and tells to not argue with him, while he is talking I google outrank and see all the scam, ripoff and complaint listings. I told him he better clean up his own listings before they try to sell that service to someone else. He was stuttering and stammering, I hung up a third time. Bad luck Taylor!
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   cdhaerle +1 Votes
I want to thank all those who have posted here. You definitely helped me make my decision not to go with outrank. They tried the same call traits with me saying they are not with servicemagic but all the same they can do so much better. Yeah I checked their BBB rating C+, I think is what I saw, then I saw these messages here.

My advice always check BBB, then look for reviews of the company on the internet. See how long the company has been in business. With so many companies out there why settle for one with a questionable reputation? If everything looks good up to this point then look at their web site and find the search terms that they should rank for. go to google and bing and search for those search terms. where does the company rank? If they are not on the first page then how can they promise you first page placement. If they can't get themselves there they won't get you there. Too bad outRank, I outranked you today you failed my simple 4 step test.

Time to Cut the Cable?