logo

3. (2 mins ago)
Club Intrawest
deceptive business practices
4. (8 mins ago)
Enterprise Financial Group, Inc (EFG)
Extended Warranty Scam

Posted: 2012-03-04 by    angryvet

disrespect

outback steakhouse
Sierra Vista, Arizona
My spouse works at Outback Steakhouse because it is something to make money while I'm Stationed at Ft Huachuca. At first I could come in and have a meal while my spouse was working. Now I cannot even have a beer at the bar if my spouse is there working. I don't ask for their section nor do I ask for a discount or anything free. I am sI'mply a paying customer wanting a decent meal because in sierra vista it is few and far between. I couldn't tell you how the food is because I'm not allowed to eat there. Its plane disrespectful to me to be treated this way especially when the motto of the restaurant is "No rules, just right". I am told I may dine there when my spouse is not currently working. How am I supposed to do that when she works almost every night, and when my spouse is not working, they would like to eat elsewhere than where they work. I feel this needs to be corrected because my spouse is not the only person that works there so there is a large group of people that cannot go there at all.

Sincerely;
Pissed Off Veteran
Comments United States Family & Relationships
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Mar, 2012 by   angryvet 0 Votes
1 I do not stalk my wife's employment. second I was only given a sample meal when we first got into the area by her new boss as a token of appreciation. Third I do not drink in public, talking about beer was an example because I'm not allowed on the premises. Last but not least I have never sat in my wife's section because I can't even go there. I understand your attempt to make it seem like my fault but I'm not there to do anything stupid or even try for that matter. I tried to go there once after she had started working because at her last job she enjoyed me coming by.
 5th of Mar, 2012 by   angryvet 0 Votes
No there is not how can i distract her if im not there
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   angryvet 0 Votes
Some of you people are idiots. having sex in an active restaurant, really? i went to get something to eat, my wife met me at the entrance and told me I was not allowed to be there.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   angryvet 0 Votes
There was no scene, accident, confrontation, or sexual conduct. I simply came in for a burger and was asked to leave before i was even seated.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   DSgamby -1 Votes
What about the other times?
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   wifi8827 +1 Votes
spouses should not be hanging out at their spouse's place of employment while they are on the clock...period.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   angryvet 0 Votes
The only other times was stated above when my wife had just been hired
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   DSgamby 0 Votes
The ones you stated above are vague with any details.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   angryvet 0 Votes
Ok from the top. my wife got hired at outback steakhouse and we came in for as guests for a dinner to sample food and the atmosphere. When I came in to eat by myself while she was working she met me at the entrance saying that her boss chewed her out because i was not supposed to be there nor were any spouses.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   DSgamby 0 Votes
So they have a policy that no spouses can be there when the other spouse is working.

How is that disrespectful if every other worker follows the policy with no problems?
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   My spouce 0 Votes
You are wrong about that. My spouse happens to also work at the Outback Stakehouse in Sierra Vista, Arizona and they have no problem with me dining there when she was working. Provided I only went once at the most twice with my friends. So that part about not allowed to be dining while your wife is either a lie or you did something that prevented your wife from doing her job. The fact that you called some of the posters idiots just makes me believe further that it was your behavior, not the fact that your wife works there that got you kicked out. It should not matter if your wife working there is the reason that you got banned or not. Don't you think that you are disrespecting your wife by posting this about the company she works for? The only thing is my wife is not allowed to serve me while she is working. Perhaps this is the real issue you are upset over.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   angryvet +1 Votes
If you had truly read through all the comments i pointed out a particular comment about having sex at her workplace. That is the individual i called an idiot, and if the rest of you don't agree that their statement was idiotic your more of children then you claim i am. I have said before that i don't go to her station because i have only been there twice. and the second time i went my wife told me to leave. im not abusive if i was i would not be married. For those claiming i am abusive, im sorry for your abusive relationships but mine is not run like that no matter how you want to toss it.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   DSgamby 0 Votes
Since my spouce's spouse also works at the same Outback as your wife and my spouce is allowed to eat while the spouse works. Obviously, something happened to cause your from getting banned from Outback when your wife is working.
You said your wife told you to leave. You should talk to your wife about why she doesn't want you to be there when she is working.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   wifi8827 -1 Votes
why is this even a topic anymore?

It is Outback's rule, and as an employee, your wife (and by extension, you as well) are required to follow it, or she can quit. There are a lot of rules I disagrees with at my job, but I also know if I want to keep my job, I follow the rules.

the topic is as good as dead because its been beat to death.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   Outback Spouse +2 Votes
Seriously you are not telling the truth. My husband works at the same Outback as your wife does. I have asked him if this policy is true and he informed me that it is not. He also informed me that one of his coworkers has asked the manager to lie and tell her husband that spouses are not allowed to eat there while they are working because she feels distracted by her work and feels her husband is controlling her by making sure she is actually working and not dating someone else while married. If you are the same husband your wife feels smothered that you go into her place of work every week to check up on her. He said that I am welcome to eat there while he is working, the only thing is he cannot serve me. It not only applies to me but other family members and friends as well. He is allowed to dine with them when he is not working. They even get a discount, but I surely am allowed to eat where my husband works. There is something more to this which you are obviously not sharing. Just so you know several of us spouses will be telling you that you are full of crap.
 6th of Mar, 2012 by   Outback Spouse 0 Votes
wifi8827

There is no such rule, the only rule is your spouse cannot be your waiter or waitress.
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   bellamie 0 Votes
I have to think there is much more to this. Your wife was the one that told you to leave and that you were not allowed. Perhaps it is because SHE doesn't want you there but is too scared to tell you otherwise (perhaps due to a controlling nature? or who knows what) so she tells you there is a rule that does not allow you there so she can be away from you and you cannot bother her or keep watch over her while she is there.

Why do you need to go to your wife's restaurant while she is working anyway? If she cannot serve you and you cannot sit in her section, and you state you aren't there to cause trouble or distract her, then what good is it to be there? You won't get to see her or talk to her.

Find something else to do with your spare time and let your wife work without you watching over her shoulder!
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   DSgamby 0 Votes
Strunk: Outback Spouse who's spouse works at the same Outback Steakhouse said that the wife of the person making this complaint told her manager to lie and say there is a rule about one spouse being a customer when the other spouse is working is not allowed when there is no such rule.
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   DSgamby 0 Votes
You can believe whatever you want. You can believe the Outback Spouse is a troll and the person making the complaint is a telling the truth. I can believe the Outback Spouse is telling the truth and the person making the complaint is a troll. Until the person making the complaint comes back and refute or answer any responses. We don't know for sure.
I see one right now.