logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
2. (11 mins ago)
Isagenix
This blender is absolutely useless
3. (13 mins ago)

Posted:    June Cumming

dishonest

Oro Gold
South Africa
I bought the Oro Gold exfoliator and hand cream from an agent at the Eastgate shopping centre, JHB under, I must say complete duress and false pretences. The agent showed me the product and I was really impressed. As I suffer with very dry feet not being able to wear closed shoes, the agent told me this would be very good for me. I purchased this product for R700.00 and was so impressed by the sales talk and demonstration, I came home and showed all my family and friends, to my dismay when I started to use this product, it actually does NOT WORK. I have to put the cream on 5 times a day to keep my hands and feet soft and moist. a week later my son and I went back to Eastgate and I saw another rep I called her and told her how disappointed I am in the product and that I want to lodge a complaint - I had put cream on my hands that morning about an hour before I got to Eastgate and she smelt my hands and said I had not used your product she then called one of her colleagues over and he smelt my hand and stated that I did not have your cream on my hands. i have sent an email to them to complain i could only find an overseas email no South African Local address to be found and the response was " we do not honour returns" and many people i have come into contact with have the same complaint
Comments South Africa Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jun, 2011 by   Kare bear -1 Votes
Hi June Here is Oro Gold's contact info in South Africa
Fill out this form if you have questions about an order or information about our products or call (27) 79-0174782.

NATURE @ HOME
37 TOSCANA CLOSE LONE HILL FOURWAYS, JOHANNESBURG
OFFICE MANAGMENT: +(27) 71-5220256
SALES MANAGER: +(27) 79-0174782
EMAIL: EFRAT@OROGOLD.CO.ZA
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   totally unimpressed +1 Votes
I was in Eastgate Mall yesterday and a couple approached me with this product. My first question was "how much?" and I ws told not to worry about that. After a good 20 minutes of having cream rubbed into my face and wrists and testing the exfoliator, I again asked how much... I was told that the total package is worth R10000 but a special at the moment will only cost me R4600-00. For 2 sets of eye cream. I told the lady that I don't have that type of money and she insisted that she would do a good deal for me. She even went so far as to say she would sell it to me under her own name so that I can get it even cheaper - R1000-00 each. This seemed very strange to me and again I told her I don't have that kind of money. She insisted on swiping my credit card 'just incase'. Needless to say, it was declined. I found this couple to be very pushy (in a sweet way) however as soon as my card was declined, their attitude changed totally. I was given the declined receipt with a phone number scribbled on it in case I wanted to buy the product in the future.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   Giovannisalottolo -1 Votes
well in December, my girlfriend and i went to Greenstone shopping mall, we paid R2500 for the cream, exfoliator and the body mist. The attendant was not "PUSHY". My Girlfriend loves the product and will always buy there product, it has done wonders to her skin, i am also going to buy the products for men for me. I will recommend the product to anyone. my girlfriend has even bought all the make up just recently, and it is Soft, and does not give her a breakout. like all the other brands, (no names mentioned) after using oro gold make up she said she will finish her other make up, wen she used the "other" make up, the next day she got a break out and face went all blotchy as it blocks your pores. she put on oro gold exfoliator and cream and her face went back to her normal glowing smooth face.
my girlfriend cant wait for you to open your stores.
ciao
giovanni
Thank you oro gold and keep up the brilliant sales,
email me for further news. :-)

giovannigreek@hotmail.com
 2nd of Oct, 2011 by   jada w. +1 Votes
Why a serious company with some credibility would use shady sell tactics and overpriced their products? All OroGold sellers are pushy and/or sneaky, i received a sample of the peeling, the seller invite me to try the benefits of the other creams and showing me a website where the price was too much high... immediately I refused and the seller with a strange accent offer me a deal using his calculator and tons of cumpliments, lowering the price five times!! I said again no, but thank you, and he asked me: how much you offer? i answered maybe the half of that last price?(I didn't have a penny in my pocket!) and once again with fake compliments he said ok because i like you gorgeous... lol ... actually the seller knew that he was earning almost a hundred percent over the price of the same cream in internet... they use the word gold to justify their high prices, left the store saying no thank you and the seller so angry with me don't even allowed me to have the sample ... Always avoid them, is not possible that this people around the world want to cheat in this way with tricky tactics, there is no one who reports and regulate these shady sell tactics? Anyway I did not see any miracle result with the products that he tried in my wrist that day.
anything that looks so good can not be true, they don't give you money for nothing, so be careful and avoid them
 17th of Oct, 2011 by   irinatali 0 Votes
I was running through the Copley Place Mall before catching my 4:11pm train from Boston and was called by two men, both well dressed, both fairly attractive, asking me if I wanted a sample of moisturizer that they seemed to be giving out. My first intention was to pass without paying any attention as I normally do with sales people in malls, but for some reason i decided to turn my head and made eye contact with one of the two men, a slim, 20 something year old Eastern European. He asked if I wanted to try the cream and I said that I was in a rush. Immediately he asked me where I was from and as soon as I said Russia, he turned on the charm switching his English to Russian. He told me he would do a little demonstration (in Russian again) and asked me (rather forced me) to have a seat inside. The store, which recently opened in Boston, was beautifully designed. Bright lights, modern white, slick furnishings, and well executed product displays. He worked on beguiling me, and being a people person and finding a way to relate to everyone, I was pulled in. We conversed and really had a genuinely nice conservation. All the while he massaged an exfoliating scrub into my wrist and voila, I saw my dead skin come off. He talked with me about my skin, and I filled him on the details of my skin problems. He suggested that I buy the cleanser, peeling mask, and moisturizer..he said that they would be fully effective if used together. I already knew that I was trapped; I had a short stint selling makeup myself and I was taught exactly how to sell, how to up-charge, how to down-sell, how to charm, and basically how to take advantage of guilable buyers. But, knowing that this guy wouldn't let me leave without purchasing something, I thought fine, I might as well try this deep peeling mask, which really did seem to work well. As I was about to pay, he asked for $75, which was 50% of the selling price. That seemed fair enough to me--then he said, how about you buy both products, "I know you can afford it...Russian women pay far more than American women for beauty products." A comment like that made me afraid to object, as I didn't want to seem cheap (why I cared what this little man thought about me, I have no idea..maybe it was that I didn't want to disappoint him after we had become "friends." (I really am the kind of person that can make a friend in five minutes..so I can't say that his whole stunt was entirely a show). I told him that I would first try the mask and then I would come back if it worked. He then suggested to buy the moisturizer and he would give me the mask and cleanser at 50% off. I got lost in the math, but he showed me on his calculator and the payment screen that I would be saving $150. By now, I knew I was doomed. This was totally a scam I thought. I was already suckered into getting a mask, there was no way that he would pull more money from me. I almost wanted to say, "listen, you won't be able to get a lot of commission from me..so sorry." Instead, I politely told him that I would be back Thursday (complete lie) to see him again. He tried five different bargaining games, but luckily I had the brawn to stick with my offer. It's too bad that I didn't have the nerve to reject his proposal all together.
fifteen minutes later, I ran out of the Oro Gold store with a beautifully packaged mask in a pretty bag (they get an A for packaging), $63 dollars poorer (for some reason, he lowered the price for me a bit more), and in a panic to get to my train in 2 minutes.
What did I learn today? Avoid eye contact with any product demonstrators, don't buy into anyone's outward niceness, and if some one is a smooth talker..beware.
I've yet to actually try this product, but after seeing how much cheaper the products are on Amazon (the same mask that he claimed retails for $114 costs $32 on Amazon) and other sites, I can tell you that no matter how good the results might be, I will look at the product in disgust. It will sit on my beauty counter as a constant display of my foolishness.
 24th of Nov, 2011 by   jo91 0 Votes
I WAS RECENTLY SHOPPING IN SANDTON CITY WHEN A SALES PERSON APPROACHED ME TO JUST GIVE ME A SAMPLE OF A CREAM, SO AS I WAS BOUT TO TAKE IT HE GRABBED ME AND PUT ME IN HIS CHAIR. SO I TOLD HIM TO MAKE IT SNAPPY AND I LISTENED AND SAT IN HIS CHAIR FOR OVER 1 HOUR. HE SHOWED ME THIS "AMAZING" PRODUCT FOR YOUR SKIN MADE OUT OF GOLD THAT ANGELINA JOLIE USES. AFTER AN HOUR OF THIS I WANTED TO LEAVE AND THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY. HE WOULDN'T LET ME OUT OF HIS CHAIR. HE SWEETENED THE DEAL BY SAYING THAT THEY ARE HAVING BIG SPECIAL ON AND IT ENDS THE END OF THAT DAY. I SAID EVEN AT SALE PRICE I CANT AFFORD IT, SO HE WHIPPED OUT HIS CALCULATOR AND STARTED COMING UP WITH CHEAPER PRICES AND THROWING IN A FREE PRODUCT. HE WAS SO DAM PUSHY AND TRIED TO CHARM ME WITH HIS LITTLE ITALIAN ACCENT SO EVENTUALLY I GAVE IN. I TOLD HIM I HAVE EXTREMELY SENSITIVE SKIN AND HE ASSURED ME THAT BECAUSE ITS MADE OUT OF GOLD WHICH IS A NATURAL MINERAL THAT ITS PERFECT FOR ME. I SAID TO HIM IF IT DOESN'T WORK IM BRINGING IT BACK. HE ASSURED ME THAT IF IM NOT HAPPY THAT HELL GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. AND THAT HE PROMISES ME THAT ILL GIVE HIM A KISS WHEN I SEEE HIM AGAIN BECAUSE THE PRODUCT IS SO GREAT. NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVE HUNDREDS OF BLISTERS ALL OVER MY FACE FROM IT. LOOKED FOR HIM AT SANDTON AND DIDN'T FIND THEIR STALL. AND TRIED CALLING HIM FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS BUT HIS PHONE IS OFF. I AM SO DISGUSTED, AFTER PAYING R10 000.00 FOR IT. I WILL FIND HIM. I WILL MOST CERTAINLY NOT GIVE HIM A KISS BUT PUNCH HIM IS THE FACE AND GET MY MONEY BACK. I AM EXTREMELY TEMPTED TO TAKE THEM ON AND GO TO CARTE BLANCHE. PLEASE IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTERESTED IN DOING SO THEN EMAIL ME ON: admin@styledbyjo.co.za
(have a look at attachment to see what oro gold did to my skin)
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   Judy.F 0 Votes
I have been using Oro Gold now for 2 years and it has brought out a new me. Not only did my dark spots on my face slowly diminish but the texture of my skin is beautiful. I would def. recommend to those who have not tried it yet, I GOT MY MONEYS WORTH and I couldn't be happier. I am 35 with skin of a 20 year old THANK YOU ORO GOLD!
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   Judy.F 0 Votes

Has reviews on their different products that I found helpful
 20th of May, 2012 by   Visitorsboy 0 Votes
Hello, those guys are present again in Sandton City Mall. Quite Pushy and again making up bargains...(written May 20th 2012)... was also pulled into their chairs, but was lucky enough to escape from them... :-)
 3rd of Jul, 2012 by   wondering and complaining 0 Votes
i was recently told by a freind about these products (orogold) and i want to try them out, however i can not seem to locate any shop that keeps them in stock. I found their website and tried calling all the numbers and the numbers do not exist. I managed to get through to the number +(27) 71-5220256 but as soon as i requested for a physical address she quickly said she has to go and will get back to me, she hung up without taking any of my details *red flag* so now im scared of placing an order via the website since there is no way to track where these people are based and their products cost quite a lot to just want to do a transaction without knowing whom to call should you experience any problems with delivery or anything else.
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   Patheticly embarrassed 0 Votes
I was so discouraged today when I tried to return the $ 400.00 worth of product that I had purchased just a couple hours earlier, to find that they have a very strict NO RETURNS policy! I even told the sales person over and over that I couldn't afford it, before I bought it! I am embarrassed to admit that even after telling him over and over that I couldn't afford it, he somehow STILL talked me into it! I am now thinking of selling some of my furniture just so I can put the money back in my account. What have I done???? They are VERY Tricky!!
 19th of Oct, 2012 by   Ygv 0 Votes
I was at the Sandton Shopping Mall walking out one of the stores and this lady comes up to me saying come, come try this you will love it. I walk up to her telling my husband it wont be long and i need a new face product. She sat me down told me about an exfoliating gel. It looked amazing but my husband was not buying into this. She put a whole range for my skin infront of me and i was ready to buy then she pulled out a laminated card with a price of a bar of soap from R400.00 to a cream for R2 000.00. Then i asked what a bout a cleaner. She never could answer me so her friend very quikly said buy these products and i will give you this cleaner worth R400.00 free. When i read the label it was a body soap bar (lavender) then i suspected that these guys are not genuine. They were pushing there prices down and saying you would get this free etc. She told me that she would give me a cell no. and if i bought the product i would call her in the week and tell her i loved the product. I really started rethinking and then told her sorry but we dont have that kind of money to spend. They were not impressed. U must be thinking why didnt we get up sooner. They just would let us leave. Please ladies be careful.
 25th of Nov, 2012 by   Chell123 0 Votes
I bought two the oro gold products yesterday and I'm very disappointed. The sales man was very good at talking but didn't listen much after cuting the price 4 times. I said that I didn't have the money but he said I was getting a very good deal. And I can bring it back to get a refund. He would even let me go and come back just to check if I had enough money. He said I'll have to pay full price. After handing him my card I felt so annoyed with myself that have way down the road I turned back and asked for a refund. They gave me a rubbish story about saying I had to email the head office my transaction ID to get a number for my refund. I emailed them and they responded quickly but asking for a reason which I had already emailed them. They even requested for a picture and I also sent it. They then said that they couldn't issue me a refund. These people are liars and should be avoided at all cost. I'm out £100 and Christmas is not to mention paying the bills
 5th of Jan, 2013 by   yki 0 Votes
i brought the oro gold deep peeling, yup sales woman was very tricky and good at talking . the way they showed how it work on my hand look like magic make you think you have a lot of dead skin but by the time brought it home and use it on my face dose not work at all some dry patches on my face dose not go a way ...so i hate hate it so much then i look at the recieve it said exchange only within 14 days i mean if the product is really good it should they will not scared that you will return it, so people think twice about buying it ...
 5th of Aug, 2014 by   Mich1970 0 Votes
I'm afraid to say that I have also been had by this crowd. The guy who sold me the products promised to follow up on a regular basis & wanted photo's on a regular basis & guess what, I haven't heard a peep out of him. People be firm and put your "foot" down & don't be afraid to say no. There are far too many chancers and sharks in this world who cannot wait to rip the next person off.

How to Avoid Healthcare Fraud