logo

Terrible Customer Service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Organic Gardening magazine, Emmaus, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - cheating me out of issues and "free gift" 10 books

Organic Gardening magazine Contacts & Informations

Organic Gardening magazine

Posted: 2012-01-14 by    notimefornonsense

cheating me out of issues and "free gift" 10 books

Rodale
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
I ordered a two-year, 12-issue subscription to Organic Gardening in June using a promotion card offering a free gift of 10 specific small paperbacks with the order. My Rodale account records the subscription starting on July 11. On the last day of August, I received the June/July and the August/September edition, and a couple of weeks later, the October/November edition.

I complained by email, because the first two editions were received too late for timely info. After several followups without reply, a customer service person wrote back apologizing and saying she would extend my subscription to August/September 2013. I emailed back that this was not enough; she needed to extend it to October/November 2013, but she didn't reply again.

Then, I received one dorky leaflet with everyday info with a form note saying Rodale was substituting it for the 10 paperback books it promised with the subscription because Rodale has no more of the books to send. Hmmm.

The next two issues, however, came with a wraparound still offering the same 10 books for additional gift subscriptions. I've also since received two promotional mailings to my address offering the same 10 books with a subscription. Rodale has promised these 10 books to a lot of new subscribers long after their form letter to me identified that Rodale knows it doesn't have them, or at least doesn't intend to send them.

I checked my account info and found that, months after the promise of the one-issue extension (where two are due), Rodale has NOT extended my subscription at all.

I emailed another complaint to Rodale with a copy of Rodale's email promising the extension, and also told them the extension should be two issues and that I want the 10 books it promised, because that was the deal, nothing ambiguous. That was about a month ago. No one has replied.

Rodale used to be a fine, grassroots rural Pa. company, until one or some of the late founder's kids decided they were bigshots and put an office in NYC, according to what I've read. Now Rodale seems to act like they have some Wall Street license to steal. I think they've killed their dad's company. So sad.
Comments United States Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Tips How to Save Money on Gasoline