logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
unitedgenericpharmacy.com
Seller is dishonest and you will get nothing from them
2. (12 mins ago)
Rakhi World Wide
Rakhi Delivery Order
3. (16 mins ago)
Lifecell
return policy
4. (47 mins ago)
oberon games
cant reintall game and play
5. (48 mins ago)

Ooma

Posted:    Paul

Be aware

Ooma
When I purchased the hardware to be a Ooma phone customer I was advised by Ooma, in writing and verbally, that it would take 3 to 4 weeks to port my phone number.This cost me $40.00. Its been over 8 weeks and still no phone number porting.I have contacted them at least 5 times and get the same run around and a future tenative date for the porting. Now I cannot return the hardware because it has a 30 day return policy.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2011 by   NE-mn456 0 Votes
Checked for number in my area one day; OK; ordered ooma - came in two days; no numbers available. forget it!!!
 16th of May, 2011 by   snowboi2000 0 Votes
Ooma submits the porting request to your phone company. Once they submit that, it is up to your phone company. You should call them and find out what is going on. They try to milk you for as much as they can.
Never had a problem with my Ooma, going on 6 months now.
 17th of Aug, 2011 by   SAM.... KHA..... 0 Votes
I got Ooma 4 days ago, called them ro activate, they gave the list of thier phone numbers in my area to select to go; after doing so I requested for tfr of my old number from other town; I was given 4 week time and asked to pay the tfr charges $39.99 which I did. got cfm in seconds of request had been received and the respective company has been requested to tfr the number/port to Ooma. on the 3rd day I received the email from Ooma of my number has been tfr to them and they are testing; however on the same day i.e. 3rd day i had my old number working through Ooma. it may be that I never closed that number till it is done and my all dues were update. I recommend Ooma and suggest you purch but purchase through me so as I can provide real time knowledge about the status of your position and reasons for that if delay is there.
GoodLuuck Omma: SAM
 20th of Mar, 2012 by   Jimnj3 0 Votes
I have had Ooma for almost 3 years now and couldn't be happier. Service has been great, customer assistance has been great.
Porting numbers does take a while as it is done from your original provider.
 2nd of Nov, 2012 by   herbnet 0 Votes
I had no problem getting my number ported. It took just 2 days. I have been very happy with the service and the online capabilities.
 7th of Apr, 2013 by   Reggie Sorensen 0 Votes
I bought Ooma for my home phone several days ago and also bought the plan to transport my current phone number to the Ooma service. I have yet to receive any consideration. Please solve this problem soon.
 7th of Apr, 2013 by   Reggie Sorensen 0 Votes
Please port my old number.
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   Curtis Mathews 0 Votes
My Ooma worked just fine for the first six months, then it started sending calls directly to voice mail or refusing to take the call. It also disconnects after a few minutes whether I make the call or someone calls me. I need to get it fixed or go back to a land line.

Cheapest Overnight Shipping in 2010