Be aware

When I purchased the hardware to be a Ooma phone customer I was advised by Ooma, in writing and verbally, that it would take 3 to 4 weeks to port my phone number.This cost me $40.00. Its been over 8 weeks and still no phone number porting.I have contacted them at least 5 times and get the same run around and a future tenative date for the porting. Now I cannot return the hardware because it has a 30 day return policy.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful?

22nd of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Checked for number in my area one day; OK; ordered ooma - came in two days; no numbers available. forget it!!!
 16th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Ooma submits the porting request to your phone company. Once they submit that, it is up to your phone company. You should call them and find out what is going on. They try to milk you for as much as they can.
Never had a problem with my Ooma, going on 6 months now.
 17th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I got Ooma 4 days ago, called them ro activate, they gave the list of thier phone numbers in my area to select to go; after doing so I requested for tfr of my old number from other town; I was given 4 week time and asked to pay the tfr charges $39.99 which I did. got cfm in seconds of request had been received and the respective company has been requested to tfr the number/port to Ooma. on the 3rd day I received the email from Ooma of my number has been tfr to them and they are testing; however on the same day i.e. 3rd day i had my old number working through Ooma. it may be that I never closed that number till it is done and my all dues were update. I recommend Ooma and suggest you purch but purchase through me so as I can provide real time knowledge about the status of your position and reasons for that if delay is there.
GoodLuuck Omma: SAM
 20th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have had Ooma for almost 3 years now and couldn't be happier. Service has been great, customer assistance has been great.
Porting numbers does take a while as it is done from your original provider.
 2nd of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I had no problem getting my number ported. It took just 2 days. I have been very happy with the service and the online capabilities.
 7th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
I bought Ooma for my home phone several days ago and also bought the plan to transport my current phone number to the Ooma service. I have yet to receive any consideration. Please solve this problem soon.
 7th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
Please port my old number.
 17th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
My Ooma worked just fine for the first six months, then it started sending calls directly to voice mail or refusing to take the call. It also disconnects after a few minutes whether I make the call or someone calls me. I need to get it fixed or go back to a land line.
 23rd of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I don't understand why people go through all the hassle's. By Magic Jack for $50 to $70 one time purchase with first year included. Hook it up. Go to their site and pick a number. If you want to keep your number I believe it's $10 exra..Unlimited free calling for $30 to $35 a year. I have had it for over 4 years. No problems.

Ooma Logo Ooma