Unable to cancel subscription

This company cannot be contacted by phone as they claim. I want to cancel my subscription on the same day I ordered it.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Education
Was the above complaint useful?

15th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I ordered one onlingo cd the next thing i know is i am receiving the third cd, why i didn't want 2 and 3 but they charged me for them whats up.
 17th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Onlingo - Won't refund money!

My husband was online at work and somehow (I guess/he don't remember it) order this onlingo. I had a charge of 59.00 and didn't even see it until the next month and was charged 79.00. I called bank and they gave me a number. I called this company and talked to some guy that was a ass to me and ended the phone call pissed because they called me a lier without saying it. I called my bank to dispute it but they needed to talk to my husband(my husband decided to drop it with the first charge since they say if we send back the second tape when it came in..they would refund the 79.00. Well I sent it back 3-4 wks ago and still haven't received anything. I called today and again talked to a guy they was again was rude and got made at me when I got rude back. He say they aren't refunding me anything because I told them I was disputing the first 59.00 charge. I said ya'll said you won't refund the first one unless I did dispute it since it was over 30 days old but would refund the 79.00 if I sent it back within 30 days. (sent it back the 3 days after I got it because I didn't remember I got the first one... and finally after looking all over my house.) I didn't even know what it was when it came in the mail. Sent them both back unopened! And still they said I would have to deal with the bank to get my money back . So I am! If anyone needs their number and can't find it... here it is... and good luck... you will need it... 1-800-949-6880.
 23rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
So what happened next? did you finally cancel it? I just signed up with it before I research it online... I feel so stupid. I am so scared that this will turn into a nightmare in my life.
 23rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
Ok, I wanted to cancel it on the same day that I ordered it as well which was yesterday, but it was too late because it was at night, I called this morning waiting on the phone for about 20mins, got to talk to someone and I made him to find my name (as new subscriber without telling him I want to cancel first), so he found me quickly and I told him I want to cancel it and made him to send me a cancellation confirmation while I was on the phone with him and checked my email to make sure I received it right after he told me it is sent. Of course he told me to return it once I receive it and they will still charge the first processing and shipping ($6.95) which I have already informed my credit card company to block it as I believe it is a false advertising and canceled my credit card last night right after an hour after I ordered it. So I know they can't charge me anymore. I just don't know what they will do after they found out they couldn't charge my bank for the $6.95 and if this will ruin my credit.

Also, be aware, they ship out every morning at 5:00 am even though their business hour starts at 6:00 am, so no matter how early you call, they will tell you the trail has already been sent out.

Make sure to document every email correspondence you have with them so when you need to dispute you have something to back you up. I hope this info is helpful, and please tell me what you think they will do if they found out they can't claim that &6.95..will this go to court? I really hope not... god. I am worried.
 27th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
Do you have a phone # to call. I want to cancel mine and have no number... I cant even send the free trial back.
 29th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I will send this to our state attorney general and see what he says about this whole on lingo program.
 5th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Onlingo - Horrible customer service!

I recently purchased a CD on line. These product was not what I expected to be or do. There was no visual guide. I was never unable to contact the customer service department of the company neither at the opening nor closing times of the department of customer service or any department for that matter. This a scam and it needs to be cut off before serious damage to which may effect a person's financial status.

Concerned shopper,
 5th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
Onlingo does have a phone: 800-949-6880, but there is a long wait to get a person online. Wait - you must if you want to cancel.
 9th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
They will not cancel the account nor refund my money. My account was closed because of them. Video Professor was exactly the opposite.
 11th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Onlingo - Problems with refund!

I signed up for a free trial. the product was awful, I emailed twice to cancel. I finally after 15 minutes on hold spoke with someone and they told me all i had to do was send back 1 CD which I did. Still no refund they charged me 69.95 and after another 10 minutes on hold spoke with someone and they said they would not give a refund until I sent back all three CD's and gave me a RMA #. Well I spoke with a supervisor about why I was not told any of this and he got outright nasty with me. Still no refund.
 13th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I would like cancel this subscription. I will send back the CD Rom. This was ordered on behalf of one o my children, I did not know more than one payment was required.
 20th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
I did not catch the $69.95 charge to my checking account till a month later. I was under the impression that you got a 'trial' disc like for $5, not $69.95. I returned this unopened and was just told today 8-20-07 that it was past 30 days and I would not get a refund. I was furious and told them if that was the case send that 1st one back to me IF I COULD NOT GET MY MONEY BACK i WANTED THAT LESSON.

Yes this is a RIP-OFF!!!
 6th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Onlingo - False advertisement!

I received an email from this company stating that I could get a FREE CD of Spanish... well, I was interested in trying to quickly pick up this language for my job, so I signed up for the CD and supposedly, I would only be charged shipping and handling costs. My monthly statements have now been charged $79.95 each month for the CDs. I tried to contact the company to cancel the subscription, that I wasn't aware I had signed up for... I have been unable to contact the company by phone or email. I have advised my Accounting Department to dispute the charge when it comes in on my monthly statement, and now I have to contact my credit card company to advise them as well...

Read the "hidden" print on these type of scams!!!
 17th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I tried to call their number to cancel my subscription and everytime I tried, they had a service saying that their computers were down and to try in 30 minutes. Well you know what it was saying 30 minutes later. Like many, I did not research this company. I too feel that I will have to cancel my card.
 24th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I recently pulled my bank stament and found there was a charge from this compnay tht i have never heard of. I called th company and the women would not give me any info about this charge- I wanted to file a police report for fraud and they would not give me that info . Expecting me to prove i was not this person when they would not even give mr the info i need to properly take care of this.
Finding out from the women that none of the info on the account was mine but the cc number. how can a bisness be run properly when they are not even following there owen privacy police on there web site. How would there system even process the payment with out it .
 16th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
Trying to cancel now on phone, hope it works. I didn't intend to order this, didn't even complete the order form, and they sent it anyhow. Jerks! Plus, I've gotten some kind of worm port scan attack now on my PC. What have I done???
 25th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I cannot cancel this.. I signed up for free trial.. and now I am getting hammered with these things that I dont want.. How can I cancel it?
 27th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
OnLingo has a tendency to go on and charge people for all their products. They don't interest about people. All they do is making money when you order you pay. They send it to regardless you are ready or not. I try to cancel, but I couldn't because no one answer the phone. I may have to cancel my credit card.
 29th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
This product is easy to use and has been very successful for me.

9th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
Good luck to anyone who tries to cancel with Onlingo. I cancelled my debit card and disputed the charges. Even after agreeing to to pay for the first CD (which was really poorly done) I am still battling a second charge they continue to insist upon with my card company. They're slicker than snakes with their hidden terms and quick shipments. They do not seem to be in the business of selling language CD's. They seem content just getting a couple to your mail box and billing you 150 bucks. I've done the math and a scam like this can be very profitable. In fact, I just saw a web site boasting the are experiencing triple digit growth. I do not believe it is from satisfying customers.

Contact Us