logo

Amolatina.com
Avoid this scam site
4. (36 mins ago)
tophairwigs.com
Scam – don’t buy from them, they deliver nothing
5. (36 mins ago)
Sprint
Sprint customer service is HORRIBLE!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Onlingo Complaints & Reviews - Unable to cancel subscription

Onlingo Contacts & Informations

Onlingo

Posted:    Brian Seyler

Unable to cancel subscription

This company cannot be contacted by phone as they claim. I want to cancel my subscription on the same day I ordered it.
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of May, 2007 by   Ronald D Sallis 0 Votes
I ordered one onlingo cd the next thing i know is i am receiving the third cd, why i didn't want 2 and 3 but they charged me for them whats up.
 23rd of May, 2007 by   jessie 0 Votes
So what happened next? did you finally cancel it? I just signed up with it before I research it online... I feel so stupid. I am so scared that this will turn into a nightmare in my life.
 23rd of May, 2007 by   jessie 0 Votes
Ok, I wanted to cancel it on the same day that I ordered it as well which was yesterday, but it was too late because it was at night, I called this morning waiting on the phone for about 20mins, got to talk to someone and I made him to find my name (as new subscriber without telling him I want to cancel first), so he found me quickly and I told him I want to cancel it and made him to send me a cancellation confirmation while I was on the phone with him and checked my email to make sure I received it right after he told me it is sent. Of course he told me to return it once I receive it and they will still charge the first processing and shipping ($6.95) which I have already informed my credit card company to block it as I believe it is a false advertising and canceled my credit card last night right after an hour after I ordered it. So I know they can't charge me anymore. I just don't know what they will do after they found out they couldn't charge my bank for the $6.95 and if this will ruin my credit.

Also, be aware, they ship out every morning at 5:00 am even though their business hour starts at 6:00 am, so no matter how early you call, they will tell you the trail has already been sent out.

Make sure to document every email correspondence you have with them so when you need to dispute you have something to back you up. I hope this info is helpful, and please tell me what you think they will do if they found out they can't claim that &6.95..will this go to court? I really hope not... god. I am worried.
 27th of May, 2007 by   KATHIE KERNS 0 Votes
Do you have a phone # to call. I want to cancel mine and have no number... I cant even send the free trial back.
 29th of May, 2007 by   Richard E. Churchel 0 Votes
I will send this to our state attorney general and see what he says about this whole on lingo program.
 5th of Jul, 2007 by   R Kent 0 Votes
Onlingo does have a phone: 800-949-6880, but there is a long wait to get a person online. Wait - you must if you want to cancel.
 9th of Jul, 2007 by   Lolita Michelle Cartwright 0 Votes
They will not cancel the account nor refund my money. My account was closed because of them. Video Professor was exactly the opposite.
 13th of Jul, 2007 by   Edgar William Lewis 0 Votes
I would like cancel this subscription. I will send back the CD Rom. This was ordered on behalf of one o my children, I did not know more than one payment was required.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   Anita Womble 0 Votes
I tried to call their number to cancel my subscription and everytime I tried, they had a service saying that their computers were down and to try in 30 minutes. Well you know what it was saying 30 minutes later. Like many, I did not research this company. I too feel that I will have to cancel my card.
 16th of Oct, 2007 by   Terry Wunderlich 0 Votes
Trying to cancel now on phone, hope it works. I didn't intend to order this, didn't even complete the order form, and they sent it anyhow. Jerks! Plus, I've gotten some kind of worm port scan attack now on my PC. What have I done???
 27th of Oct, 2007 by   Elimelech Vang 0 Votes
OnLingo has a tendency to go on and charge people for all their products. They don't interest about people. All they do is making money when you order you pay. They send it to regardless you are ready or not. I try to cancel, but I couldn't because no one answer the phone. I may have to cancel my credit card.
 29th of Oct, 2007 by   Chanel Benoit 0 Votes
This product is easy to use and has been very successful for me.

ChanelBenoit
 9th of Nov, 2007 by   Mark Myers 0 Votes
Good luck to anyone who tries to cancel with Onlingo. I cancelled my debit card and disputed the charges. Even after agreeing to to pay for the first CD (which was really poorly done) I am still battling a second charge they continue to insist upon with my card company. They're slicker than snakes with their hidden terms and quick shipments. They do not seem to be in the business of selling language CD's. They seem content just getting a couple to your mail box and billing you 150 bucks. I've done the math and a scam like this can be very profitable. In fact, I just saw a web site boasting the are experiencing triple digit growth. I do not believe it is from satisfying customers.
 12th of Nov, 2007 by   Kizu Kim 0 Votes
I have to disagree, I have no waiting time when put on hold, in fact, I got put through within seconds, literally.

I have canceled my membership, got the confirmation cancellation, and now I just gotta send one out of the three CDs I received as a part of the trial.

So far, I am very satisfied with the service. It's the actual product I'm worried about.

I do indeed agree with another comment that I've read before, I believe there are many departments that are broken up into different places, and certain departments would have worse customer service than others, not to mention there would also be a lot of people canceling all the time because of those stupid FREE XBOX offers.

I'm over here in MD and I got great customer service.
 15th of Nov, 2007 by   Paul L Harrison 0 Votes
I requested the trial of the OnLine product and received the trial CD,s and dvd I was charged $5.95 plus $1.00 for the trial shipment and do not contest this charge. Now try have posted $75.90 to my credit card without a request from me to continue with their subscription. Their phone answering person claims that I agreed to such terms and conditions. I f so, I did not realize or intend to continue with this very poorly developed learning product and strongly disagree with the assumptions that I want to continue. I have asked their representatives to stop my subscription and refund the charge for all but the initial shipment (the trial product) and I have asked my credit card not to pay or to obtain a refund of the $75.90 that was entered to my account on 11/4/2007 since I have not received further shipments and intend to return (unopened) any future shipments from On Lingo.
 28th of Nov, 2007 by   Michael Stegemoller 0 Votes
Stop charging and sending this crap.
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   anon 0 Votes
I can tell you from experience that the only way to deal with this company is to dispute the charges with your credit card company!!!!!

I also got some direct phone numbers....thier parent company is Syndero located in San Francisco. You can speak with thier CEO Brad Klaus and explain the poor service you have received from his so called CS dept. I also found the name of thier VP of "Customer Service" Corri Tanner on thier web site, however he is never available and I was told by "Merredeth" that he does not speak to customers--EVER!!! Wow....what service Mr. Tanner! I did get his personal email as well as Brad which are ctanner and bklaus @syndero.com....

I hope you can all get some help this way! Please help get the word out!!!!!
 17th of Dec, 2007 by   Peter 0 Votes
I actually just ordered today, as Jessie did, and was able to cancel only an hour later. I ordered as part of some promotion I lost interest in. They're customer service dropped my call the first time I tried, but I got a rep the second time and didn't have a problem canceling.
 28th of Dec, 2007 by   Krisen 0 Votes
I ignorantly signed up for Onlingo and after reading numerous customer complaints felt stupid for not researching the company. What I did was send them an e-mail letting them know I what I had read about their company and that I had informed my credit card company that I may have been scammed. Then I called them first thing in the morning the next day to cancel my membership with them. Fortunately somebody picked up the phone and he said they had received my e-mail and cancelled my membership that day. They even refunded the s&h...I dunno...maybe I scared them.
 3rd of Jan, 2008 by   Donald C. Springer 0 Votes
I am in the process of cancelling. I have had the mastercard company hold up any payment on two initial charges. I returned the CD#2 without opening it. I had no luck with customer service as he kept referring to the contract repeatedly with no compassion whatsoever. They did, though, answer the phone. Each of the two times they billed, they have diffferent phone numbers. Are they in a mobile unit?

Top 4 Money Scams