logo

manjam gay social network or fraud
manjam gay social network or fraud
2. (56 mins ago)
Advance Dog Training / Breed Master
Did not comply with there warranty
3. (1 hr 7 mins ago)

onlinestoragesolution.com/iicinternet

Posted:    davidm

no response

onlinestoragesolution.com
I have an account with them and have faced numerous service outages. I'm told someone will call me back and they never do. Their tech support line rings and rings and no one ever picks up, they respond to about 1 our of 10 emails.

Horrible way of doing business.

Comments United States Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More onlinestoragesolution.com/iicinternet complaints
onlinestoragesolution.com/iicinternet - continued service failures, no resolution

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009 by   Citizen X 0 Votes
I have the same problem, paid for 1 year subscription in november 2008, about 1, 5 - 2 months later my account doesn't work anymore.
After my own investigastions I can only see that all my files (private backup) is erased without any reason and without any message from them.
Contacted support via livechat on their site several times, everytime they say: "looking into it" and never heard from them again.
Also mailed them several times, but no answer.

In my opinion, onlinestoragesolution.com is a true SCAM and absolutely NOT reliable.
BE AWARE, you have been warned!
They will steal your money and erase your files.

"You can't demand good reputation, You'll have to earn it"
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   SKJames 0 Votes
Same issue here, this website is a fraud.
I opened an account based on online reviews, and the service was not working since day 1.
I gave them a few days to adapt, tried to communicate with them but the service line never answers.
As a computer engineer I can tell you this is a rip-off.

This so call company never provided the service and you will not be able to cancel you accounts.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   Enough -1 Votes
I'm in Australia. Signed up early 2009 for US$10 "unlimited" storage on an rsync server and a publicly accessible ftp site. Concur 100% with these complaints. These guys are di*% heads. Avoid and advise widely. On the bright side, forced me to go to the ultimate backup solution, a linux box + big hard drive at my parent's place on the other side of the country, for regular rsync backup. I hope they eventually getted dragged before a court and into the slammer.
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   rainbat -1 Votes
Agreed with everyone on this, looks like they've deleted my files and aren't answering my emails... going to cancel and go for a slightly more expensive but more reliable company like mozi
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   onlinestoragesolutionsucks.com 0 Votes
Same exact problem so I bought onlinestoragesolutionsucks.com go to the website so google will see lots of hits and put it high in the search. Maybe this will help put them out of business.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   bethschiwek 0 Votes
I am very sorry that any body has had any problems yet alone so many. This field is full of cut throat prices that it is hard to find people to do what it is they say they will do for you. Many other post come from other companys looking to trash the other guy. I am stepping in and making matters right. If anybody would like to see if what I say is true please come back and have another try. I will be starting back with the company the 1st of November full time and as of last week have been trying to get a handle on what is going wrong. My name is Beth Schiwek and can be contacted threw e-mail the FIRST TRY and next month will have a direct line to me.
Beth Herzig
 22nd of Oct, 2009 by   Chris Hrzig -1 Votes
My name is Chris Herzig the manager of online storage solution and I would like to respond to this situation. We take customer satisfaction seriously. We are in a very though situation at all times, you can bend over backwards and spend hours and hours and hours working with a customer over a long period of them and have them singing your praises from the mountain top and screw up one time and end up with the posting thing like "Your entire business is a SCAM " or "They should go to jail" or "They should be shut down"

I guess what I would like to say here is first if every company on this board was "shut down and their directors sent off to jail" there would be no Internet, no Cell Phones, No Restaurants, nobody to fix your car and so on because there is not a single one of use on this planet that is perfect, in short we ALL SUCK sometimes. If it was a crime we would all be in jail.

That said there is a difference between Sucking because you don't care and sucking because the technology or the systems are imperfect. In the technology industry problems almost always fall into the latter.

Over the years we have identified areas that have been causing problems for customers and addressed them when we could create a policy to improve without creating more problems. It's not an easy task because something that is working for 99% of customers but causing problems for 1% of customers will create 200 new angry customers per month in our situation. But if changes will make the 1% happy but may make a different 2% unhappy not you have 400 angry people that think you suck.

So with all that in mind I would like everyone here to know about some of the changes that we have put into effect to try to resolve the issues that have been brought up here.

1. We do not do recurring billing on new online storage accounts. If you pay with your credit card you will have 1 charge of $19 then we destroy you account information. Next year you will get an invoice, you can choose to renew or not it is up to you. If you pay with PayPal it is a 1 time charge and there is no way for us to charge you again period. You will get a paypal invoice when it is time to renew and again the choice is yours. Everyone must keep in mind that if you move away, change your email address and phone number and don't tell us about it you will not get your invoice, won't remember to pay your bill and will end up with your account shut off and if you don't notice that your data will be removed and you will be back here trying to "shut us down again"

2. We are spending more time with the 1/4% of customers that user excessive resources. We have changed our balancing system to try to allow these people to stay without creating out of space errors for 300 customers. That said if you have 50 servers to back up buy 50 accounts, they cost less that $20 a year. Go ahead and squeeze 2, 3, 4 even 5 times your money's worth out of the service but don't try to use up several thousand dollars worth of resources and screw up everyones experience. We think that 500GB is a fair amount of secure RAID online storage for $15/year. Can you go over? Yes but be reasonable.

3. As for support, search for any Internet Service Provider, Host, or Storage Company and you will find and there are a handful of complaints about their support. Our support department seems to suck enough to end up with 3-5 complaints a year posted someplace take that times 15 years and you get the picture that we don't provide any support.

4. Every day we review calls, emails, and reviews and try to find out what broke and what to do about it. It's almost always human error and somebody fell through the cracks. The fact is that only 1 in 8 customers ever contact our support department and about 5% of our customers use 75% of our support resources.

Since we can't rule out that a customer is not going to get disappointed now and then I think the least we can do is make it worth their effort to call back and give us anther crack a the problem.

Along those lines we have created a support guarantee, the only one in the industry. If you call our support staff and you are promised a resolution to your problem and that problem is not resolved in the time stated you will receive an additional year of service for free. The person that dropped the ball will have that year of service deducted from his/her bonus.

To sum it up, I just want to make it very clear that based on what I hear every day for our customers we have a great service better that anything else they have tried. We don't have a single bad review from any authority. We have great reviews from our customers posted all over the Internet and even radio talk show hosts have make good remarks about our service without being asked or paid. They have received good feedback from their listeners.

Everyone here works extremely hard and we try to address problems as we see them without creating more problems. We are willing to put our money behind our support with the first ever support guarantee in the industry.

In addition to all this We have Hired Beth to address and resolve problems that customers are having and have not been able to resolve through the normal channels. She will act as a natural party and help with communication for those customers who are have a hard time with something for any reason.

On a final note. We have located and resolved the issue that Mr. ...lutionsucks.com was having and even though his account has been working now for the past 5 or 6 weeks he did not seem to know about it. None of his data was lost and we are glad to have him back as an active member again.

I hope to talk to you after you become a customer and if you still have doubts based on stuff you read in user reviews keep this in mind, almost nobody ever posts about stuff they love and even if they do it is burred in google, google loves complaints and they pop right up. All these complaints tell you is that someone what not happy and you will find them about every product you own and use. If you are looking for online storage try us, if you don't like us we will give you your money back, if we don't your credit card company or PayPal will. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   rovi 0 Votes
disagree with the guys who run the company and agree with all the onlinestoragesolutions haters. I actually get charged $9.90 a month! This was the deal a few years ago. some months they charge me twice for good measure. I can't get the company to return calls or emails. My data is inaccessible. The only solution is to work with my credit card company to cancel the payments and attempt to get refunds. I'm having trouble with this and may end up needing to cancel my credit card! I've paid them well over $300 and have received zero value (unless hours of uploading files is your idea of fun).
 19th of Nov, 2009 by   OnlineStorageSolutionSucks +1 Votes
What can I say? Emails go unanswered, file transfers drop out constantly. At the moment I am unable to access my storage for about the sixth time this week. The $15 I payed is too much for this crap service.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   nullo254 0 Votes
Quick review:- If you want reliability DON'T go with this service. It sounds too good to be true, a simple search in Google with, "onlinestoragesolution.com" will pop-up with numerous results showing you just why.

I recommend these SAFER and RELIABLE alternatives www.livedrive.com and orbitfiles.com for ultimate backup and storage. I'm actually using LiveDrive and I love it. --- If you want reliable service DON'T go with this service.

A lot of what they claim can be contradicted in their terms and conditions. People unable to access their documents for days and weeks at a time, e-mails aren't answered frequently, and it's hard to tell whether you information is encrypted or not.

They have a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, and I've received my money back (although some others haven't), for your safety NEVER PAY for something UPFRONT. It screams scam, scam scam.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   DanWT 0 Votes
I signed up with an account on onlinestoragesolution around a month ago and have had a very positive experience in general. A couple of days ago I started to get an error saying that my home directory was not present on the server. They did not reply to my emails but within 5 minutes of raising the issue on their live chat service the issue was resolved. According to the support personnel "You were uploading during a system move and it cause some files to be Corrupted"[sic]. While this sort of technical issue does not bode well for their server setup expertise, I honestly don't think this site is a scam. I'll be sure to check back and say otherwise if it all falls to pieces again.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   ssackheim 0 Votes
We have been using onlinestoragesolution.com for the past year and a half without any problems. They offer more then most storage sites that charge hundreds if not thousands per year. A great service for only 15$ per year.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   oneweb 0 Votes
I've had a few problems when I can't access their server but have always been able to reach the server later in the same day. Generally, I've had no problems at all. I need less than 2GB space, not unlimted, but even so the next cheapest supplier, DriveHQ, would cost twice as much. So far (after 4 months), I think I'm getting a very good deal.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   debeani 0 Votes
I thought it was too good to be true and had a quick look around and found good reviews so I signed up.

I haven't been able to connect once so I looked around a little deeper and found this. It only cost me $18 AU but I'm still not impressed.

I'm disappointed in the reviewers as well as onlinestoragesolution.com. If you can't offer a service, Don't.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   pgb47 0 Votes
I also had endless problems but I did get an email after a long wait. It gave me a different server to log on to and it solved the problem. Unfortunately I had a system crash and no longer have the name. It was something like olswork.net
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   NickSan 0 Votes
Won't recommend.

For the following reasons:

1. Their site to sign up crashed right after I made the payment thru paypal.
I got a follow up email the next day asking me to provide them a user name and password so that they can setup the account for me, but sorry. I want an online solution that would be available to me whenever I want and I'll be ready to pay more money for that reliability.

2. Tried calling them after the site crashed, waited on the line for 15 minutes before giving up. If they can't attend a new customer(that is the option I chose in phone redirector) in 15 minutes, not sure how they would treat me after I go over my 30 day money guarantee period!

To the manager who replied above:

There are a certain minimum standards that you need to meet before going live with a webservice.

1. Your hardware can't support the data uploaded by the users.
2. You advertise unlimited storage to beat the competition, but you ask the users who signed up for the unlimited service to be reasonable and use only 500GB storage.
3. Your service team can't take the load of phone calls. If users can't even get to the service dept, what good is your service guarantee?

With all these negative points, you should first go improve your product and then come back here to the review place asking us to try again. Your reply up there is 3 months back and I still had pain signing up for the service.

I'm just waiting for my money back.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   itsnotaboutme 0 Votes
I have to say I was worried when I found this post. It was while awaiting to activate. clearly a low budget operation (uh... that's why I'm here, I'm on a low budget, too).

I called the support number and after a little bit of wait, I got through to a helpful tech. He was actually responding to my email as he answered my call.

Go on and got going. No word yet on access issues.

clearly not as seamless or easy to use as the competition, but much cheaper. they could use some serious work on the user inferface, but it could be done well, because the suite of tools could be really, really good. I hope you build this to the great product it could be.

best of luck...
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   Turgencia +2 Votes
Since 3 weeks ago, I do not have access to my account (13 GB personal files). My user is still active but... but when I log in... look this scary screenshot!!

I don't have to say but nobody is answering my emails...

This is a scam... this is a scam... My main concern is not just they lost my data...It's, Did they lose my data? I did not store sensitive data but it could have been...

last week I set up a sugarsync account... trust me, 50$ / year for 30 GB. Now I can sleep
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   itjie +1 Votes
Signed up for OnlineStorageSolution three weeks ago. Now I do not have access to my files, and I do not get a reply from support.

This is definitely a scam!
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   sperrgebiet666 -1 Votes
Hy

I'm now a customer of onlinestoragesolution.com since 6weeks or so. And i totaly disagree the most people here.

Everything, from the sign-up to payment and my account works great. Rsync-Server is running fine, FTP and Webdav too.

It's also no problem to upload from multiple sources at the same time. So i'm currently syncing with rsync from home, with Webdav from my office and with FTP from a Root-Server. All in all bandwidth-usage 30MBit/sec. I've currently about 600Gigs of data their and no problem so far.

Furthermore i mean, for 15$/year!! it would be OK if there are some outages. I pay 35$ per MONTH for my home internet access and they have outages too.

In my opinion onlinestoragesolution.com is a really great way to haven an backup of the data. Cheap and reliable.

An happy customer from Austria/Vienna.

Undercover Charities Scam