logo

Relo Montreal
Kept full deposit unreasonably
3. (24 mins ago)
gosignups.com
Staff accuses customers in cheating
4. (26 mins ago)

Onkyo

Posted:    Kent65

Bad quality & bad service

Onkyo
Bought Onkyo home theater receiver TX-SR505 Aug 2007; in november of this year, it stopped working (wouldn't turn on). Though it was a few months past its two year warranty, I contacted Onkyo, as it's ridiculous for an expensive piece of equipment like this to stop working after only 2 years. Onkyo took almost two weeks to get back to me and then told me there was nothing they could do. You should hesitate before buying Onkyo products.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2010 by   johnnymo 0 Votes
I would agree STAY AWAY from ONKYO. i have purchased a Onyo TXSR-876 last year $950.00USD and in 11 months stopped working. It's been 2 months and still not finish being repaired i will never buy another ONKYO RECEIVER AND OR ANY PRODUCT ONKYO MAKES. customer service says they will call me when finished. i have called many times to keep in touch and every time they give me another story backorder parts or still working on it. "BEWARE of ONKYO" also check out the BBB on them, then you'll see not to buy expensive products from them.
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   pongagt 0 Votes
I bought a Onkyo TX-NR906 off buysafeusa, a seller on Ebay. They said it was covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Onkyo would not confirm or deny the warranty at the time, like they had something to hide. I just went to extend the warranty and Onkyo says it has no warranty since buysafeusa is not a authorized dealer. Buysafeusa is no longer a registered Ebay user so i am screwed if anything happens to my receiver. I get there feeling that Onkyo knowingly supplied this seller with these expensive receivers with full knowledge that they would deny any warranty after the sale. I'll bet this place sold lots of Onkyo's most expensive receivers and that Onkyo was complicit in the fraud regarding the warranty status. I want to contact the NY and CA attorney general's office to see if they will launch a investigation.
 7th of Jul, 2011 by   MadAsHe!! 0 Votes
I have had a similar experience. Stay away from Onkyo! I have a Tx-NR906 that has also been a pain from day one. The tuner section never functioned properly and completely died after 6 months. I sent it back for Warranty (to New York) and per them it was damaged in shipment and could not be repaired. The damage per USPS was not done in transit. After the threat of a lawsuit they agreed to repair the unit. Shipping by them to another center for repair resulted in even much more extensive damage. After another 6 months the amp was finally returned to me as "repaired". The AM tuner section never worked properly and was essentially useless. Now I am told that repair parts are no longer available! This is nuts! They are still selling this A/V Amp as a new item as of 7/5/2011 but repair parts are not available? No one will repair these things and parts are not available for customer repair. STAY AWAY FROM ONKYO! I wish I had as I now have a worthless $2000 paper weight that I have gotten less than 1 year total of partially usable service from. Onkyo Customer Service is nonexistent. Parts availability is nonexistent and Customer Support is nonexistent. There are only 2 or three centers in the entire continental USA that will even service Onkyo and it will cost you a minimum of $150 just to ship it back and forth for repair. Repair or Service Manuals are not available and apparently only one person in the entire country can get even a few parts for anything made by Onkyo. I can buy a Honda or Toyota car, go to the back of the Owner’s Manual and order an entire set of Shop Repair Manuals. These are exactly the same manuals the Dealer uses to service and repair their cars. That Onkyo won't support their customers in a similar fashion is an insult to their customer base. To those of you that think this is a great piece of equipment, just wait until you need to have it serviced. Then you will discover what a real pos Onkyo really is. My advice; dump every piece of Onkyo junk you have on Ebay, get what you can for it and don’t look back. I hope that someone can figure out a way to file a class action antitrust lawsuit against them similar to the one filed against car manufactures a few years ago that tried to screw owners on Warranty issues.

2011 Inflation Forecast