logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
aolloa.net
No order, communication or updates about my order
2. (5 mins ago)
Sally Beauty Supply
Horrible workers
3. (6 mins ago)
allrightshoes.com
Seller refused to take order back
4. (7 mins ago)
Directv President & CEO contact info:

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Olshan Foundation Repair, Dallas, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Worthless Warranty & Flawed Repairs

Olshan Foundation Repair Contacts & Informations

Olshan Foundation Repair

Posted: 2011-09-11 by    Dr. B. Ray

Worthless Warranty & Flawed Repairs

Olshan Foundation
Dallas, Texas
olshanfoundation.com
Olshan Foundation installed numerous piers under our home's foundation. Recently (three weeks ago), one of these piers failed, dropping the front gable of our brick home more than an inch. The result is shattered brick & mortar, carcks in drywall, separations in interior trim and sticking doors. We've called and called and pleaded for help, and have been told that it will take THREE MONTHS to get someone out just to look at the problem. The damage has occurred in three weeks, and by the time Olshan sends someone out just to look at their flawed "warrantied" work, we will have repairs exceeding $15, 000-$20, 000 (the entire gable and both columns on the porch and archway will have to be rebuilt). The Olshan people are, without exception, the most unattentive, uncaring and unprofessional and people that I have ever dealt with. Their warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. I was a fool to believe in their marketing schemes and allow them near our home. We have been forced, by Olshan's neglect, worthless warranty, and unresponsiveness, to contract another foundation repair company to repair Olshan's flawed and failed work -- in spite of their "lifetime warranty" -- before our home suffers more significant and more costly damage.
Comments United States Contractors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2011 by   osmiumlogic +1 Votes
Did you contact the BBB with this complaint? If so, what was their response?
 8th of Dec, 2011 by   FoundationRepairDFW +1 Votes
This is a recurring problem with foundation repair companies in Dallas, TX and the entire North Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas region that contains clay soil. Many companies are there for a quick fix and do not put forth the workmanship necessary for foundation failure correction. I'm told that these bigger companies have full time crews that ONLY DO WARRANTY WORK! Not one crew, multiple crews. Their work is not performed with an attention to detail and the cost is exponentially higher... to cover all those advertising costs of course. If you're in the DFW Metroplex, check out Pro-Tech Foundation at http://ProTechFoundation.com for superior customer service. They corrected my foundation and used mudjacking to support it after it was lifted and my house has not had problems through this extreme North Texas drought.
 10th of Jan, 2012 by   schen +1 Votes
I had someone from Olshan came over and estimated the foundation work for our house yesterday (1/9/12). At the time, my wife and I felt comfortable enough to have Olshan repair the foundation. However, after reading this review (and a few others), we no longer feel comfortable with Olshan. We cancel the foundation repair work with Olshan as a direct result after reading this (and a few other reviews). I can understand a few mishaps out of hundreds of foundation repairs, but there is no excuse of not honoring their own warranty. I hope foundation repair companies realize that many people read these reviews and a negative review can have a direct impact on their business.
 25th of Feb, 2012 by   garybrenda +1 Votes
We just went through arbitration with them over pier failure which had eventually caused in excess of $80K damage to out home by the time they had 4 of their so-called warranty callbacks. The original damage repair was quited at around $7K to fix. They'd rather spend more money on a lawyer than spend less to repair the damage they orginally caused. Our personal costs for arbitration and reports was in excess of $8K. We were just fortuniate enough to have the money to fight them which many don't. That did not even include attorney fees. That "certified engineer report" comes from Texas certified by an engineer who never sees the work that has been done. Before you do anything, spend 2 to 3 hundred $'s for a local engineer's report. And if you do need foundation work get ay least three estimates. This was our personal experience with onshan while other's may have different results,
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   John_Bee 0 Votes
The entire foundation repair business in North Texas is a scam. Houses are built to substandard codes and these outfits like Olshan are there to prey on consumers. There is no doubt in my mind that over the course of several years and numerous warranty call backs that Olshan has doubt destroyed my home. I don't feel there is any satisfaction to be had on this issue. Since they have caused more damage than what there was originally I would like for Olshan to buy my house so I could get out of this continuing nightmare. Where do I find a lawyer?
 1st of Jul, 2012 by   Marge C 0 Votes
Really appreciate the free inspection I received from Olshan in Houston on june 29, 2012. The certified structural tech, Mr. Russell Stamps was very professional and honest with his evaluation. Mostly, I am very grateful with his honesty in telling me I do not have a foundation problem, when two other companies have already gave me estimates for foundation repair. He inspected my whole house and pointed out certain things that will indicate problems with the foundation which I do not have. Thank you very much again and I will definitely highly recommend your company to my family and friends. And to anybody who will ask my opinion.
 6th of Sep, 2013 by   Chris leonberg 0 Votes
I totally agree we had 17, 000 dollars worth of work 5 yrs ago. I have
Seperation between my walls and ceiling they stated I now need
Another 16, 000 dollars worth of repairs.
 10th of Jan, 2014 by   rshaver@arkval.com 0 Votes
SCREWED BY OSHAM IN TULSA OK OFF OF 73RD AND SHERIDAN DOWN A FEW BLOCKS.
i thought they were ligit because of Nolan Ryan - I wonder how much they pay him - its got to be alot.
Osham DOES NOT STAND BY THEIR AGREEMENT - i HAD THEM LOOK at home in Tulsa, Ok and pardon by they screwed me royally and I didn't even know it. They charged my loan company $22, 000 without me even knowing it. thery had my loan company cut them a check with out my oking it and even know thats what they were going to do. They were paid for 28 piers and they only put in 22 piers. About a month after they had so called repaired my home all the craxcks came back and I was told when they did come out that the cracks were 1/2 inch from the originally ones and they would not repair them on their guarantee. Their repairs caused cracks in all my walls and I had to hair someone to come out and fix them at the tune of $5, 000. They did come out because the corner of my home fell 3 ft and they had 4 1/2 wheel barrows of just dirt rather than cement that would hold instead of the dirt.
They are a coneiving company that will screw you any way they can and never stand behind it or repair their work.
I am turning this in to the better business bureau as I should have done this before. I know they laughed at me all the
way to the bank. Hope this saves people some money and not lose what I did and it fall apart.by the these fraud people.

R B BROWN SHAVER
 10th of Jan, 2014 by   etcountry 0 Votes
I feel your pain but the BBB covers for them. As long as you are a paying member the BBB covers it up. News Media won't put it on television. This is not right what they have done to many of us. I now have cracked slab I did not have and numerous interior damage I did not have.

Top 5 Holiday Scams