logo

Olevia Contacts & Informations

Posted:

LT26HVE TV shuts down

Indiana
Olevia LT26HVE TV shuts down after being on for about a half an hour. After extensive searching on the internet for a solution, I've solved the problem by changing in the input cables. The original cables were component video cables from a digital cable box. I changed out the component video cables for an S-video cable and the problem went away. I hope this helps someone out there. Olevia is out of business and there is no support from them. Lots of advice on the net about the power supply and bad electrolytic capacitors - I checked all of that and found no problems. I stumbled on the above solution when I noticed that the problem stopped when the TV was disconnected from the signal input. When I re-connected the input signal, the problem reappeared.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Olevia complaints
Olevia - Warranty

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Olevia - availability of parts/service
Olevia

My Olevia TV went out after approx. 16 months and it has been in the repair shop almost continually for about 6 months. The availability of parts seems to make these televisions virtually impossible to repair. Do not buy an Olevia TV and expect customer service/parts.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree that Olevia TV is a big scam. They are liars and they do not live up to their promises. I bought an Olevia and when it went on the blink I tried to get in touch with the company by phone which was useless. A person I spoke to on the phone said someone would call me back no one did when I called them again I was told that there is nothing they can do. Then I emailed them and got no response. Now I believe that there is nothing they can do especially build TVs.
 4th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have a 42 inch 542 which will not turn on it has been in the shop three times over 700 dollars worth of repairs the company is terrible to deal with and are going bankrupt do not buy olevia even for a dollar unless youwant a big paperweight.THEY ARE JUNK!!!BY THE WAY MY TV IS 14MONTHS OLD AND BARELY USED>>>>>>>>>>
 31st of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Olevia - TV is defective
California
Phone: 415-308-8050

The TV just stopped displaying color within 12 months. They dont reply to the phone call either. I need to sue these ppl.
 4th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree no one of the new stuff is good . and more those junk makers, like OLEVIA and DELL.
and all brand makers cause if you open a tv, any brand
is different inside. most of the parts are SAMSUNG or LG
if any one buy there junk, they just let you see tv for a short time.
then if something is wrong with it,
they want you to pay more, then the cost of the junk
for service
so well
what are you waiting for
go back to the old stuff
and stop giving money to
the junk makers
 16th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

Olevia - Green Screen
North Plainfield
New Jersey
Phone: 9086931118

My Olevia 42" LCD tv's screen went completely green and wont go back . Help Me amaster23@hotmail.com

The 5 Best Ways to Save on Vacation