logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!
2. (24 mins ago)
State of Florida Child Support Enforcement
Child Support
3. (37 mins ago)
eyemarkedcards.com
No confirmation info and seller keeps silence
4. (45 mins ago)
Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

offender connect, Cincinnati, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized use of Credit Card

offender connect Contacts & Informations

offender connect

Posted: 2012-01-11 by    Michael Mills

Unauthorized use of Credit Card

Cincinnati, Ohio
dsiiti.com
Someone has been charging my credit card once or twice a day for an average of $10.00 each. I have reported this to the company five times now demanding that they find out who is using my credit card number and stop it. Each time I am told that the charges will be blocked but several days later they start up again. It's over $400.00 now and these people are crooks!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More offender connect complaints
offender connect - Unauthorized charges

Comments

28th of Jan, 2012 by   JEShearer 0 Votes
needs more information and how about a link to the site.
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   Offenderwifey 0 Votes
Offender Connect is not a reputable company. They take the money but there is no customer service number? This place is a joke. It seems like the State of Ohio may be taking great pride in using a worthless company such as this one to handle inmate funds. I plan to start a petition from family and freinds of Ohio inmates and users of this worthless company to present to the Ohio Attorney Genereals office. Interested? Please email me. offenderpetition@hotmail.com These people need to know inmates are people and they have families that care. This place is like a carnival. Total chaos! Help me to stop this company from offending us!
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   M1t 0 Votes
This place is a RIPOFF and it is the only way I can talk to my husband so I have no choice but to use this "service". The first time my husband called me, I went through the automated process and paid $25 so we could talk. He called me back and we spoke for maybe four minutes and then hung up. The next morning he called and I heard the automated voice say more money needed to be deposited before we could talk. I called the "customer service" and was on the phone with them for about 20 mintues. A woman said she would review my call but the policy for cell phones was that they did not refund for dropped calls. I explained that the calls were not dropped. We only spoke once. She placed me on hold and said she had computer issues. Then my call was disconnected. I called back and was told a supervisor would call me back within 3-5 days. That never happened. That issue was never resolved. I continue to put money on the account once a week and when I do, money mysteriously vanishes. I put $25 at a time and the automated service tells me I have only $19 or $14. I don't want to call customer service again because they were no help the last time and I really think they do not care. I am very very upset by this company and the ludicrous amount of money they charge. We are struggling and it is hard to make ends meet. I cannot afford these calls. I hate giving these people my money but it is the only way I can speak to my husband. I think something needs to be done about this company. ASAP!
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   freeshow 0 Votes
These inmate phone companies treat the inmates families as if they were also inmates
 21st of Feb, 2013 by   TJones42 +1 Votes
Through out my experience with Offender Connect, I've had numerous complaints. The first is my card(s) constantly being declined online for no apparent reason. I called and tried to do the automated payment, same thing. Spoke to a supervisor (c.a.r.l.o.s) who was of no assistance whatsoever. I informed him that my billing address was correct and I had sufficient funds, so I wanted to know why my card is being declined. He kept reading off of his script, saying my options are Western Union or automated phone payment. I was fully aware of my options, as I had already told him. I wanted to know WHY I couldn't make the payment online. He was of NO assistance. He wasn't human. I guess what I wanted to hear was "hey sometimes if your using this _________ type of card, the payment may get declined, " or something, anything! I need some type of explanation as to why I couldn't make my payment online, which was more convenient and cheaper for me. If you do a payment under $20 online, the service fee is $3. If you call and have to talk to a rep, as I did, the service fee is $5. This company is money hungry and non-customer service oriented. Seriously don't call and ask to speak to a supervisor about anything, because they're going to annoy you by reading word for word their prompt.
 4th of Jun, 2013 by   K. Yarbrough 0 Votes
After my fiance came home I had a large credit left on my account. I called them every week for 3 months and every time they said I would get the money, minus a fee for giving it back to me, placed back onto the card I paid with, within 5 business days. I NEVER received my money, and after three months I was told that even though I had called all those times, it didn't matter because the system had removed the credit from my account and made it inactive. So I never got my money back. This is ridiculous.
 29th of Dec, 2013 by   Tired of being mistreated +1 Votes
The only way to put Offender Connect in its place, is to contact the Attorney General, and Federal Trade Commission.
 29th of Dec, 2013 by   Tired of being mistreated +1 Votes
Cancel the Credit/Debit Card that these people are charging without authorization. File Fraud Charges against them.
 26th of Jan, 2014 by   teena craft +1 Votes
I've tried to set a phone account up for my son who is in an ohio prison and I still can't do it on line or over the phone.They say my password isn't right but it's the only one I use now they won'tlet me in on an account I had set up! That's a bunch of crap! TC
 3rd of Feb, 2014 by   lepoetress +1 Votes
My brother in law is currently incarcerated and had been calling from the county jail in Cuyahoga county. We were receiving calls and now all of a sudden, we couldn't. I called today to find they (Global Tel) had set a $15.00 limit (that I was NOT aware of; NEVER had an account with them and paid AT&T for accepting the calls) and supposedly my limit was met the 31st of January. Now, I'm being told that since the limit is met, the phone number can't receive ANY calls until I pay by check/ Visa/MC/Western Union and it can be anywhere from $25-$110. I told her that was ridiculous and how are YOU putting a limit on MY phone number when I pay AT&T. Basically, per her, they can set a limit and whatever the limit is, AT&T will charge what Global Tel is asking and I pay what they say it costs. I do NOT like how they are circumventing the system and it is highway robbery!!! They should've left it like they had it - inmate makes a collect call; family accepts or declines; family pays phone company, the end!! Told you have 90 days to get a refund and if you don't request the money before the 90 days, it is non refundable. Man, they are just going up in people and that's foul!! From the complaints I'm reading, they are just wreaking havoc on families.
 22nd of Feb, 2014 by   RoRo1981 +1 Votes
How do I get my calls that I already pre paid for my husband to call me using this service when I have a "block" on my phone that my phone service provider did not apply its just there...ugh
 2nd of May, 2014 by   neobailey 0 Votes
On April 23, 2012 around 8pm I had to put $25 on my account because the $4.21 balance on my account was not enough for my husband to call me. Phone calls cost me $3.81! So how was there not enough money on my account?! I e-mailed about my account and I called because I wanted that $25 put on my account. I was told that the $25 that I put on my account would be credited to it. It hasn't happened. If you want to save yourself money and the hassle DON'T use Offender Connect. Put the money on the inmates books and let the inmate buy the phone time through the facility. I'm doing that now but I am still waiting for that $25 to be put on my account. I won't hold my breath. By the Way it's no use closing your account with Offender Connect. It will take longer to get your money back(45-90 Days!!!)
 3rd of Jul, 2014 by   SAUDAMAD! 0 Votes
I HATE THIS AUTOMATIC SERVICE! THEY TOOK MY 15 AND THAN I CALLED AND THE GUEST SERVICE REP. SAID I NEVER PAID!! AND THEN TRIED TO MAKE ME PAY AN EXTRA 5 DOLLARS!!! THEY ARE RIP OFFS!!

Preparing Your Home for Winter