logo

Sky Go Courier Services, UK
Fake Courier Website
2. (32 mins ago)
AT&T
No level of competence in services
3. (1 hr 7 mins ago)
The Bottled Wealth Holdings
Boiler room wine investment scam (Con't)
4. (1 hr 16 mins ago)

NVHomes

Posted:    Oliver

Poor service

NVHomes
I used to feel good and be proud of NVHomes builder. But after living in one for eleven years, I have just discovered that my basement foundation has 13 cracks on the walls and water is leaking from those areas (covered by insulation). My entire basement is ruined and in need of a major construction to recover from the caused.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jan, 2010 by   unhappyhomeowner 0 Votes
I also feel the same way as we built our NV Home last year and closed in September 2009. We had the "normal" punchlist until 4 weeks ago when we discovered a massive vertical crack in our basement wall which allowed water to pour in. Thankfully, it's covered under our 1 year warranty, but what happens at day 366 or year 11 and additional cracks and water damage are found? I'm on the fence about hiring an engineer to take a look at the house prior to the expiration of the builder warranty as our basement is finished and he/she would have to tear out the insullation/drywall to really see anything. Any suggestions?
 3rd of May, 2010 by   HVHomes Lessen Quality 0 Votes
I just found out that my 2009 NV Home was value engineered (cheapened) to save money in many ways.

When I asked during the purchase phase what were all of the things they changed the spec to save money, the sales agent assured me there really were no changes.
After living in the home I found out they widened the spacing of the floor joints to 24 inches which could explain why they can'y get the squeaks out of the floor.
The wall studs are now spaced to the max allowed by law as is the floor.
Also, I'm afraid to touch the wall.
Everytime we do it puts a dent in the wall.
The doors could not be more hollow - they keep warping.
Sometimes the doors close and latch and when the humidity changes a little they don't closed easily.
The company is losing so much money coming back out to fix and replace stuff that they should re-look their strategy of going cheap.
They also are using the cheapest sub contractors they can find and they are letting the subs in turn sub out to subs to make money without doing work. When I asked if they made sure illegals were not used on the home - they did not seem to care.

Anyway the home is always having issues and the blue tape is everywhere.
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   Harborwood 0 Votes
Here's another NVHomes horror story. My mother discovered severe water damage to the ceiling, wall, and carpeting in the back corner of the bedroom at the back of her NVHomes-built townhouse near Ellicott City, MD. After an insurance company-recommended contractor began interior repairs, he discovered additional water within the wall from a recent rain storm and stopped his work until the seemingly intact roof was repaired (the insurance policy did not recognize anything other than the most obvious roof damage). When the roofers began to remove the shingles over the suspect area of the roof, they found a 10-inch by 2-foot gap in the plywood sheathing. The only thing between the insulation-packed interior of the bedroom wall and the elements was a layer of shingles! Shame on the NVHomes carpenters, roofers, construction superintendent, and Howard County, MD, building inspectors!
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   Trini-34 0 Votes
I have only one question

Did any of you have a home inspection done prior to completion? I am not reffering to nv-homes inspectors but one of your own choosing?
 4th of Mar, 2013 by   kdr406 0 Votes
It’s nice to know that out of the thousands of homes NV has built, there are just a few who had serious problems. I am sorry to hear about water issues for these other home owners.

All homes are built to meet or exceed building code standards . Land grade has a lot to do with a home’s foundation and water runoff. Often the problem is the time of year they pour the foundation walls and floors that will create settlement issues such as cracks.

There were a lot of building problems that took place during the building boom from 2006 to 2009 when the subs had to hire subs to keep up with demand.

We are on our 2nd new home and this house has better contraction than our last EYA Home and better standard upgrades.

NV Customer service has been actively involved in all levels to ensure a good product with us and we have heard little about an serious problems here in the PARKLANDS community
 13th of Sep, 2014 by   PJ Turner 0 Votes
We recently signed a contract to build a NV Home in Millersville, MD. We will be hiring a house inspector prior to the drywall application. I don't know if he will be able to see roof problems, but I hope that he can evaluate the basement for water issues.
When you finish the basement, it is hard to see the flaws, but I hope that he will be able to discover any issues. I always think that basements are the first place to find problems. This is our first NV Home.
 17th of Nov, 2014 by   Buynow 0 Votes
I am also considering purchase of an NV home in Upper Marlboro MD. If I do I will be having my own inspector for the foundation, pre-wall, and pre-closing stages.

How to Ask for a Raise