logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.snowboots-buying.com
The seller didn’t provide any information – I think it’s scam
2. (0 mins ago)

300 Welsh Rd Suite 100
Pennsylvania
Phone: 215-706-5300
www.nutrisystem.com
I wanted to send the food back called customer service they gave me a return number and then gave me a bogus address in Kansas City Kansas and not the right address box is lost now and no one can find it Nutrisystem says they cant even tell me if they have it if I give them my return number! They say they have no address for returns where I was told to send it and I am out 299.00 plus 25.00 shipping! USPS has not been that much help but they are trying to find out what happened to the box that weighed 75 pds and had my return address on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
food was terrible to much salt almost made me passout everytime I ate it so I couldnt eat it!Buyer beware dont send Nutisystem back only UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Feb, 2008 by   Sher Volturno +1 Votes
I agree about the salt intake. I was only on it 2 days and the salt made my blood pressure sky high. I did speak with a very nice lady at Nutrasystem and she said send all back and will refund and free shipping to them. That I was happy about.
 4th of Mar, 2008 by   Denise 0 Votes
I just signed up for Nutrisystem last week and received my food very quickly. I went away for the weekend and decided to start the program when I returned. So Monday I started and so far I really dislike most of the food. The food is cardboard like and does not heat up the way it should. Example... Followed microwave directions for Broccoli/Cheddar soup and after 15 minutes there was still dry pockets of soup in there. Horrible. But I did talk with a very nice representative who is cancelling my auto delivery program immediately. I am going to finish everything that I have for the 28 day program, but in the future will do better research before signing up for something like this.
 10th of Apr, 2008 by   zack cody 0 Votes
This is just garbage food sold at a cafeteria food service monthly price, anyone with a normal IQ and has no weight loss issue would be able to recognize this. As to vast majority fat people, the company use their impatience and desperate minds to rip a lotta money off them, it's understandable, when you are desperate, you become stupid, but people, never let this happen again, use your brain, and STAY CALM, focus and make a rational conclusion about what you are doing that might cause you a lifetime regret.

Think how much money they riped off of you, 30 dollars value food sold at 300 dollars price, they don't have to worry about their poor quality commodity, the profit is 1000%, they only need to make one successful sale out of 10 potential customers, now you can see why the scam business is still going on.

People, stop the crazyness, please.
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   Maga 0 Votes
It's a shame that these industries are taking advantage of people who feel desperate to loose the weight fast. There should be more programs out there teaching those who are overweight how to properly prepare their meals. I've tried it myself...not these diets, but eating low cal frozen foods. I gave it up quick, because of all the sodium.

If more people take the time to prepare their meals, they will begin to have a healthier relationship with food. You are in charge of what goes into your bodies, not those multi-billion dollar companies. Take that to the bank!!!
 10th of Sep, 2008 by   jean williams 0 Votes
I started to subscribe about two months ago and realized that I could not afford to purchase at that time.

I canceled at that moment before the order was complete. I could sense that the person whom I spoke with

did not want to loose this order but I simply could not afford this at that time. I promised to order when

my finances were a little better. I received this $293 dollar order today despite the cancellation. This

sent my bank account into an overdraft. Please remove all information on me from your system. This

must not happen again. I will order when I am ready. This should not have happened.

I am Jean Williams at 129 Rita Court, Jackson, Ms 39213.
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   A former employee +1 Votes
I just finished temping as a worker in the Nutrisystem warehouse. My job was to secure all the foods in the shipping trays the products come in, place them in the shipping boxes, and seal them up to go off on the trucks. Seeing what the customers pay for what they are getting seems like an out and out crime. The average payment was $297 for a few weeks of food, sometimes with "one week free, " which comes in this measly little box that can't weigh more than 2-3 pounds tops. Sadly, other customers are paying even more for the "chocolate lovers" box, which after seeing the kind of crap Nutrisystem sells, seems like an even bigger ripoff.

For those of you who don't know, all these foods are prepackaged and need no refrigeration. How anyone could consider the chicken patties or "hamburgers" as those specific things is beyond me. If you're ordering things like chips, some of the candy bars, and most of all the biscotti, prepare to see many of these products broken. The handlers packing the shipping trays are doing it at a fast rate, and these fragile items get tossed around without much care. When they got to my point in the shipping process, I was appalled to see just how many items were already damaged. Part of my job was to put little air bubble fillers around the products to protect them from being crushed, but a lot of the time it was to for some of the things due to the handling of the prior shipping team.

My word of advice is to just save your money, people. You won't be happy with the food you get. I've never tasted it myself, but as a person who could stand to lose weight as well, I wouldn't spend two cents on any of the cheap crap Nutrisystem sells. I actually found myself caring about these strangers I didn't even know ordering this junk as I packaged up their stuff. There are a few people down there who care, but most of the employees in the warehouse are basically kids in their late teens/early twenties just trying to make a buck. I found myself in order after order packaging up the items the way they should have been correctly packaged and finding myself doing double duties because the team before ours was in too much of a hurry to care about their own work.

In a nutshell, there are tons of better ways to lose weight than to give these guys your money.
 19th of Oct, 2008 by   Dandy DaN 0 Votes
Food was awful, high is salt, diet was totally ineffective. THis is it -- I will never by anything advertsised on TV only. What a rip
 20th of Oct, 2008 by   Marie 0 Votes
Being single I am used to eat frozen dinners. I ordered Nutrisystem, and there was a few things I was not happy about and then I cancelled.
1. I have 2 food issues - no major allergies, just some tolerent issues. I can not really eat peanuts and if I eat to much tomatoes my ecsema flears up. When I order I made sure I do not order any peanuts and just a few tomatoe products. When it showed up, my food was exchange (they do say that they can do it for supply reasons) and I received 10 snacks with peanuts. Then when I start to eat the food, I realize most food have a tomatoe base sause. Even food you would not expect to have tomatoes.
2. Being single I am used to eat frozen dinners, but these are the worst! All the meals swim in sause. I would say the meals are like soup. You need to eat the meals with a spoon.

When I called the Nutrisystem regarding the exchange, they was not helpful and the problem was not solve. Needless to say that I gave the peanut products away and had to stop eating the food, because I was itching all over because of to much tomatoes!

I would NOT recommend Nutrysystem to any one!
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   shelley davis 0 Votes
I hated the nutrasystems product after 3 days. I returned their product with the "money back gaurantee". They claimed that they never recieved it! I put all the information that I had recieved from them in the box, used the address provided by them. They claim to have never recieved my box! There is no one to contact in the warehouse, there is no help on the phone. They claim it couldn't be at their warehouse because it would have been checked in. I know that I didn't get it back, despite my home address on the inside several times and on the box. I have been disputing them for over 5 months. They just keep on providing their proof of delivery. This is a very dishonest company. I wish I would have found out about others having trouble with this company before I ordered. It is a shame that this company is allowed to stay in business!
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   Don't Do It!!!!! 0 Votes
Very disappointed. Myself, My Staff, and My Husband all joined Nutrisystem.
Each one of us could not make it past the fourth day. Whe we opened the boxes most of the food was dehryated. And Shelf products. I must say we were amazed. Then we tried it. It truly was unpalatiable. We could not believe all these celebs were advertising this. How much are they paid to lie? The sodium was unbelieveable. In the morning my fingers were swolen like sausages.
The eggs dehrydated were something else they swelled in the micro. I had my son take them to school for a science experement. Discusting. The customer service is not at all accodimating either. They will not return my money after I followed there protocol.
 26th of May, 2009 by   kellijanesmith 0 Votes
I just got my first order, and I was stunned that stuff like the pizza was "shelf" food... and not frozen. I had expected it to be small frozen pizzas. I wonder if their deal with Schwanns makes them send some pizza as frozen and some as the shelf kind? I'm not sure, but I'm a little confused. I will try it for a bit just to see if there are any foods I feel that might be healthy, but I'm not feeling too confident right now. I just had one of the "shelf" flatbread pizzas (I'm vegetarian so it's just the flatbread, a sauce and this cheese that comes in a white packet, but isn't refridgerated - I didn't know that kind of cheese didn't need refridgeration of any kind???). The first thing I thought when I bit down was... wow... that's salty. I'm sure they have to put salt in there for preservation and to help bring the flavors out of this shelf type food... but this seemed really salty for a pizza. I like a simple thin crust, real tomatos, and mozzarella cheese... and this just seemed like a bunch of fake food. I'm bummed. I LOVE the convenience of these types of programs... but not sure it's going to be for me. I'll bookmark and come back and post again in a week or so.
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   Dabyrd 0 Votes
don't know how people can say that they loved Nutrisystem. I too lost weight. But it was from not eating. I tried the system for approximately ten days and lost the same. Ilost because the food tasted horribly and I couldn't eat anything. I maybe found five food items in those ten days that were edible. The rest I had to throw away a majority of the meal. Then when I went to cancel, they still pulled the money from my account stating the the cancel order never went through even though I conveniently had a code they give you to return the food items, which I gladly paid forty dollars of shipping to get it out of my house. It's been two months and I still have received my refund. Mary, the woman I placed my order with, never informed me there would be a cancellation fee, and Angela Wolfolk said that they would have to listen to a recording of Mary's and my conversation to make sure that she hadn't warned me of the cancellation penalty. Four unreturned calls to supervisor, Angela Wolfolk, and I still have no money for their mistake of pulling money from my account after I had cancelled or my mistake of ordering in the first place and having to return horrible tasting food. Nutrisystem future clients, BEWARE!!!
 5th of Jul, 2009 by   UnkCom 0 Votes
My wife and I both have been on the system and are now in our fourth order. While the food is not all that bad we have found that NutriSystem has begun to make many substitutions. I found that by cooking the eggs in a fry pan with some red onions and a little pepper, then eating them in a whole wheat tortilla made them palitable, they have now discontinued them (which they failed to notify me (or any other customer that I know)). Instead I get 7 Cinnamon Swirl Granola Bars. If I were to purchase the eggs as an a la carte item it would be $3.00 the bars $2.25. I don't mind the Egg Frittata and had I had my choice I would have substituted those (but I didn't have a choice). Last order, prior to shipping" my wife and I moved. I updated the address online but the order was shipped to my old address. Fortunately we were still moving stuff from the old house and we were able to pick up the 2 boxes. I called to make sure that NutriSystem did in fact have my new address and they did. Not sure why they shipped to my old address. After unpackaging the order I found that I was short a dinner. I called and spoke to someone in India and they assured me that a replacement would be sent right out. I got an email confirmation and noticed that the address was incorrect. I called and spoke to someone in customer service who told me to allow 2 weeks from the ship date. After the two weeks when I still hadn't received the dinner I call once again. I spoke to a customer service rep who advised that they would ship again and also confirmed that they had the correct address. I got the email confirmation and the meal was mailed to the old address once again.
The long and the short of it is this: While NutriSystem started out fine, sent the items we ordered, they have begun to make more and more substitutions of unlike items and can't seem to get their shipping streight. While both of us have lost weight the aggrivation of having to contact them continuously and not get the items that we ordered (and are able to eat) has made it not worth while.
I would not recommend NutriSystem because of the reasons stated above and if after you read this you decide to give them a try, don't me disappointed when they make substitutions that you don't like and when they short orders and don't make good on the shortages.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   AngelaE8654 0 Votes
Okay, I don't really understand why people would use Nutrisystem instead of simply buying either the frozen dinners (most of those range from 280 calories - 330 calories) or using the "shelf stable" dinners that heat up in 2 minutes. If Nutrisystems products are also high in sodium then WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE??

I think about this EVERY time I see one of the Nutrisystem commercials on TV. Why are people throwing their money away in this manner?
 26th of Jul, 2009 by   diamunz 0 Votes
"Totally stunned."

After thinking about Nutrisystem, for a quick fix up, I did some research BEFORE going to the site to order. Let me tell you, I was going to order today.

Now I have to say how RELIEVED I am that I didnt. After reading all these consumers complaints, how are they still in business?

I am so thankfull for sites like these, so we can all learn from the unfortunate mistakes of others being ripped off and treating VERY badly.

Not only here, but if you go to consumeraffairs.com and type in Nutrisystem there, you will be floored.

People have been overcharged, ignored, yelled at, lied to, and been substituting powered food for other foods. These are probably the foods that many are sending back to them and they need to get rid of them. Now if you go to Ebay, and see all these auctions for food from them, why do you think that is? More than a few have complained about symtoms that compare to a stomach flu.

These people are from all over the state and Canada. They do not know each other, it is not a conspiracy against Nutri-System, but you can believe it is the truth.

I hope everyone who contemplates ever even looking at their website do the research first.

As far as the celebrities who are on the comercials? How do you think customer support is for them? Do you think they even pay for this? No way. Im sure not only do they get if for free, they are also paid a very nice salary. You can bet they have their lawyers making the deals, not them.

Nutri system BUYER BEWARE, please do your research first, then make your decision.
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   NutrisystemSucks 0 Votes
The Nutrisystem customer service was rude and lied to me. They said they would issue a credit for a shipment I returned, then when I called a week later they said they still hadn't issued the credit. Now they say it will take another week (after they electronically made the credit.) I called my bank and they said if the credit had been done when they said, it would be in my account by now.

NUTRISYSTEM LIES, LIES, LIES!!! Awful food - not delicious, bad customer service - not good customer service. Marie Osmond is a liar!
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   Ron Gene +1 Votes
Wow I just read a comment about the disappointed of Nutry system. I have been doing a lot a research about ways to loose weight and I found this as my first choice, because of the delivery of food at restaurant-style cuisine (breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert) this is the most I like because in all the times I tryed to loose way, I don't have time to think in cooking, and sometimes I'm just very hungry that I ending eating junk food.

But after read all this comments there is no chance to invest money in more junk food! I will like to know a good advice to loose weight
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   MWL 0 Votes
Advertises complete diet - not so, you have to buy a bunch of food to go with what they send
Advertises buy 3 weeks and get 4th week free. After purchase you learn the free week only comes in 2nd month and if you sign up for auto ship. If you cancel after first month's shipment, you get charged back the free week. So you only get a free week with the purchase of 7 weeks, not 3 weeks!
Some of the food is eatable, most is crappy and uneatable.
Can't cancel except by phone - called and cancelled, then got email said next auto ship in 4 days. Chat online, what's deal- acknowledged my call to cancel but said call terminated before confirmation number given, so I'd have to call back again. I ask them to cancel - they said contract only provides cancellation by phone, and email and online will not be accepted.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   don't trust em 0 Votes
i just canceled my order and i'm glad i did. I paid close to $400 CANADAIAN for food. I was told when i signed up that it would be $319.90 well, what she forgot to tell me was it was in AMERICAN dollars, to cover the mistake up it took almost a month to talk to a supervisor and after that they were will to give me $25.00 off coupon. oh wow great idea i thought what about the money i was out in the first place? nope not going to do that again too bad too.
 3rd of May, 2010 by   NS ripoff 0 Votes
Hey all!
Nutrisystem is not new to me. I did it a couple of years back lost some 8-10 lbs. Gained it back in less than a year. Gained some more... and now started the program again.
I have lost 7 lbs, and I am in my 4th week. For some reason I didn't realize that if I cancel my auto-shipping order after I placed only order with them, they charge you an additional 52 USD. So, now not only did I pay full price for my order that is equivalent to the one time order... but I also feel cheated about the fact that I was not informed about this clause... I told them I had good reasons to stop receiving the next order and had to cancel... they said.. oh we understand.. its all good... you just have to pay 52 dollars extra now!!!
What a bunch of bastards!!!
Mis informing customers... I should have known them better because of my past experience with them.
And yeah I read someone talk about food swimming in tomato based sauces... they are disgusting... really... its sad that I chose to eat all of this disgusting food and paid a fortune for it... whereas I could just have utilized my free gym membership, found some motivation and lost the 7 lbs... instead of having to pay so much for it and going through the misery... It's not worth it guys...
The one good thing that has come out of it is... I have trained my mind and my eating habits: to eat small portions of meal over 4-5 times a day and eating lots of salads before eating the main course... It has helped me disciplining my eating habits...
But really, you don't need to pay through your nose to do this... all of us who are ranting about how nutrisystem is a rip off are not idiots or don't enjoy talking bad about NS... there is a reason we all are so pissed!!!

Gas Saving Device-Scam