logo

Posted: 2011-02-11 by    AE185

Horrible Vacations

Norwegian Cruise Line
ncl.com
Me and my girlfriend took a Norwegian Cruise out of NY in November and it was the worst vacation of my life. The food was abysmal and the entertainment was almost non existent. We were on the Norwegian Gem. The food was as bad as a high school cafeteria. They purposely make the included food awful so that people pay extra for their specialty restaurants. The funny thing is a few of the specialty restaurants are awful too. Especially the so called Italian restaurant La Cucina. They had a DJ on the ship but he hardly ever spun at all. When you try to find a place to dance on the ship you end up in the one club where they play some awful Time Life video with 20 year old songs on tv's all throughout the club. The rest of the entertainment was lame. Karaoke, playing the Newleywed Game with patrons bla bla, lame lounge piano player that massacres popular songs. All in all it seems these days the cruise industry is dying and I can see why. I've never ever been on a trip with such awful food and with so little fun stuff to do. Avoid cruises at all costs but if you must take one at least avoid Norwegian.
Comments United States Cruise Lines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of May, 2011 by   1mrose1 0 Votes
I totally agree the Gem was horrible! No control over the passengers at all kids running up and down the stairs shoving people out of the way and couldn't get a hot tub to save your life! Same family of 10 was in one for the whole cruise I swear. Food on the gem does suck and the service was horrendous. Not a damn thing fun to do that ship and the casino was mediocre too. One roulette table Please!! I've been telling everyone I know not to go on a Norweigan cruise. Give me Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Beware of Fake Websites and Phishing Scams