logo

1. (0 mins ago)
HireRight
Background check
2. (3 mins ago)
Education Credentials Evaluators, Inc.
Transcript Evaluation
3. (4 mins ago)
ASK NOW
STOLE MONEY
4. (9 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )
5. (15 mins ago)

Latest Questions

North American Award Center Complaints & Reviews - Rip Off

North American Award Center Contacts & Informations

North American Award Center

Posted:    man convinced of winning

Rip Off

North American Award Center
My Dad is elderly, vision ipaired and on a limited income. He is so convinced that he will absolutely win $$$ that he keeps sending this company checks. I have been at my witts end trying to convince him that he will not win. How on earth can people be protected from these companies preying on the elderly and low income?
Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Nov, 2009 by   charlie brown -1 Votes
Take his damn money from him, have him declared incompetent and if that don't work, wash your hands of the whole mess.

If you can't reason with him intelligently, to hell with it!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Nancy McIntyre +1 Votes
My father is elderly 94 little pension no savings and he is hoping to win so that he can leave his children and grandchildren and great grandchildren money for the future.
I also have told him this is a scam but he really believes it to be true and wants to win before he dies
I think it is deplorable how companies like North American Award Center preys on the elderly and is allowed to continue to rope the elderly in
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   Brooklynscooter +1 Votes
Same thing happened with my 78 yr old mother. Over $4500 in one month.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by   TLSilveira +1 Votes
They seek out these people who live on their own and are elderly. They know the difficulty that people in that age bracket often have in deciding what is reasonable and real. I chewed out the @$$hole who has been scamming my grandma this morning. I said to him that he was evil for preying on elderly people and taking advantage of them. . .his response "so what"! I was stunned, so as screamed WHAT!!? And he repeated it for me. That should tell anyone that these people don't deserve to live. My poor grandma heard the conversation, and afterward, we were talking about what to do when he calls back. She said to me that there are winners listed on the mailings that she gets. Then she explained to me that she wouldn't send anymore money to them because she doesn't need to get her check for 9 million dollars, what would she do with that much money? She clearly doesn't understand that it just is not real. I have explained it every which way, so have my mom and aunts, she has diminished capacity and insists on living in her home, which is paid for, and we cannot find someone to stay with her that we can afford. None of us can do it because of other responsibilities. We take turns going in everyday to make sure that she is okay and has eaten or to feed her, but she has several hours during the day to read junk mail and respond if we don't catch something. She brought me 5 pieces of the same thing from this company. . .two different zip codes (Kansas City MO and Las Vegas NV). Each only asked for between 9 and 12 dollars, but it totalled $50, THAT DAY. There is no telling how many of them she gets in a month. She forgets how long it's been since she sent them money, so she sends more. She has had to change her bank accounts. Recently, the loser that keeps calling, told her to secretly go to the bank and take out $400 and go back to the house, and not to tell anyone because she might get mugged. He said that someone would be coming to get the money at her house!!! Well, thank God she called my aunt and told her that she needed her to come immediately to talk to her about money. When T got there Grandma told her the story, and guess who called. But that didn't stop him. He called this morning while I was there! Well, I threatened him with the police and tracing the call, and lawyers. He laughed at me and wasn't even a little concerned. THEY ARE NOT IN THIS COUNTRY! THEY DO NOT FEAR OUR POLICE! He likely has accomplices to pick up large sums of money from people who they get scammed to that point, but they do not fear retaliation, and the only reason for that would be that they are not even in this country. I cussed him a blue streak, but he didn't care. . .he just fired back. And he called back when I hung up on him. I told him several (like 20) times not to call back, but he did. I told him that he wasn't getting another &*$%#@ dime from my grandmother and that someone was with her in the home everyday to see to it. . .then he didn't call back TODAY. We'll see what tomorrow holds. He will probably wait for a week (giving her an opportunity to forget) and then call again.

Check Spokeo.com to see what information is floating out there about your loved ones. I checked Grandma and found that it gave her name, phone number, address, her age, the value of her home and THAT SHE LIVES ALONE. That was all that they needed to set her up. So far, most of the complaints that I have seen (google) are centered around people in their 90's living alone. Spokeo.com is how they find them. My grandmother has NEVER touched a computer. The information comes from many sources and Spokeo.com is irresponsible about making that information public.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   PERRE 0 Votes
stockholm 2011-03-08. 15.000$ from mr JOHN winstead TO ME FOR AN amount of 15$. Can they keep going on with this scam and noone in Canada react on this .Havent the canadians any laws against scams? Stop this please!!!//Best regards Per-ove .KIHL.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   PERRE 0 Votes
Another letter :Tihs time from North american award center. Mr. John Winstead again, how many canadians is there in USA with these name. Perhaps all canadians have this name.North american award center= International award payment center.It make me sad that the authorities dont do anything about this. The only letters I recive is this scamletters from this countries.I put a spell on MR. John Winstead//Best.Reg, perre
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   carolyn buford 0 Votes
Mr John Winstead keep sending me this (junk mail) noway am i falling for it, it always read if you are a winner, no deal, if you are to win, you do not send money.
 20th of Aug, 2014 by   MAD GRANY 0 Votes
They are at it again, nth. American award center, Capital Reserve V 1401 Armour rd. nth. Kansas city
mo. 64116 I have received 2 of these one for 15, 000 and now 21, 000. both Kansas city mo. same address but different name titles. I plan to take mine to the post office, and report the scam! I hope others will too! aug. 20th. 2014 MAD GRANDMA!

Mobile Phone Insurance Fraud