logo

Unexplained credit card payment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NordicTrack.com Complaints & Reviews - Nordic Track do not honor the warranty!

NordicTrack.com Contacts & Informations

NordicTrack.com

Posted:    JR Hinds

Nordic Track do not honor the warranty!

NordicTrack.com
www.NordicTrack.com
Purchased an elliptical trainer, the NordicTrack CX 998 on August 20, 2006, from Nordictrack.com. Finally got a delivery three weeks later. After using the machine for one week the resistance stopped working. I phoned the customer service department who trouble shooted the problem and said they would send me a new part and a service technician from Service Pro would be in contact to set up a date to service the machine. The part arrived three days later, but I was never contacted by a service technician. I waited a week and still no service call, I called Nordic-Track again. This was the routine for me. Wait a few days and call Nordic Track customer service. All they would say was to wait a few more days and someone should contact me. I also e-mailed them at www.nordictrack.com numerous time, again today, and still no success at having a service person contact me or return my call to have my elliptical serviced - which is part of the warranty. I don't know what else to do to have nordictrack honor the warranty.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Nov, 2006 by   Lisa 0 Votes
I've had the exact same failure on my CX998 elliptical TWICE now! Purchased in Jan 2006, failed first in April and now again in Nov. In April (well May by the time they repaired it) they replaced the tension motor, though they also sent out the wiring harness and console. This time they are sending the tension motor and a control board. I plan to write a formal complaint to the company to document these two failures. I have little faith that the machine will function once I am outside of the warranty period (April 2007) I'm trying to pursue an extension on my warranty given these failures.
 9th of Sep, 2007 by   Rick Missouri Man 0 Votes
I agree with all the above mentioned I too although my purchase was the Elite treadmill. The first day it did not work properly the incline motor would not work. Since then 6-months later its been serviced twice poorly and property damage occurred as a result. Now i have had parts in my possession for two weeks and no call from the technician. I gave over 2,000.00 for this machine as well as purchased the extended 4- yr contract. Never thought I would have so much trouble with there product.

I recommend strongly to not purchase norditrack, I no I wont.
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by   Logan Wilson 0 Votes
I also am having trouble with a cx998 motor. Would not buy again.
 25th of Sep, 2007 by   Oneal Moorhe 0 Votes
I would recommend that everyone not buy any nordic track equipment. They do not stand behind their guarantee. When the equipment breaks down a service tech will not come out to your home. They must be called over and over again. Good money is spent on service contracts but sevice is not provided.
 3rd of Oct, 2007 by   Jorge Oscano 0 Votes
After just over 1 year, the resistance on our CX 998 failed to respond to the programs or to any manually set value. It's basically freewheeling, and the only the ramp servo motor is responding. The fan on the control console also died. I emailed NordicTrack for guidance on which component failed: the resistance servo, or the control box. Maybe both - and I'm not holding too much hope that they will respond at all. In the meantime, I ordered a set of replacement wheels. We'll see how quickly they'll respond to that sale.

Seems that NordicTrack has become a producer of non-durable exercise equipment. I will avoid them in the future.
 19th of Oct, 2007 by   Jason D 0 Votes
I purchased a Nordic Track Space Saver Elliptical and it has to be one of the NOISIEST pieces of equipment I have ever used... even with my stereo nearing it's maximum output this thing grows and moans. (I am 28 lbs under the "max weight recommended"). I emailed Nordic Track via their online form... no response, I emailed them directly... no response... it is no wonder these units were on sale for such a good price. No doubt Nordic Track is just trying to offload all their POS machines and ignore customers in hopes that they will stop calling. Generally it takes A LOT for me to bitch publicly about a product like this, however this has done it. The product annoyed me (badly) their service (or lack there of) has pissed me off. DO NOT BUY NORDIC TRACK!
 3rd of Dec, 2007 by   L Stewart 0 Votes
I haven't had the opportunity to try my treadmill yet, as they sent two left upright spacer bars, so I'm waiting to receive the replacement. But my complaint is with Customer Service. I called for the part and was told it would be 7-10 days. Then when I asked for it to be expedited, I was told I would have to pay for that, because their policy is to ship standard to keep THEIR costs down. I stated my dissatisfaction and requested to speak to a supervisor and the rep just said, "Thank you, Bye." I called back four times in a row and whenever I was transferred by the automated system to a rep they would open the line then kept hanging up on me. I then dialed from my cell phone and immediately got someone. I stated calmly what I was calling for and requested a supervisor. She then said, just one moment and disconnected me too. She did immediately called back and stated she disconnected me by mistake. Supervisor still insisted they would not expedite the part at their expense, although it was their fault item was not packaged correctly and I would just have to wait for standard ground shipping! I will never deal with NordicTrack/Icon Health ever again!!!
 20th of Dec, 2007 by   Royal Meader 0 Votes
I purchased a Npordic Track treadmill two years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it and the two replacement treadmills they have provided. I had purchased a long term repair contract, $475 for five years, which was the best move I 've ever made because these all appear to be junk. With the first one the frame broke. The replacement lasted about six months and had so many problems that they finally declared it to be a lemon. Now the third one is the worst yet. It came out of the box and lasted four days before the first problem occured.

I've had no problem getting parts or service, because if the repair contract I purchased, but I never get to use the machine for more than four days straight without it needing repair.

DON'T BUY NORDIC TRACK!!!
 9th of Jan, 2008 by   Karen Blow 0 Votes
Didn't know I had so much company. I purchased my CX998 in April 06, resistance out July 06 (they did fix it @ no cost, though sent the wrong parts twice) January '08 guess what... resistance out again! I didn't purchase extended service contract... I would have expected to have gotten at least 4-5 years use before things started going wrong... then it would have been time to spend another $700 for something new. I thought NordicTrack was a quality product... maybe the operable word there is "was".
 11th of Jan, 2008 by   Craig Parker 0 Votes
I ordered an Elite 4200 Treadmill from NordicTrack.com on 11/27/07. The next day I got the usual thank you conformation letter saying it would arive in 7 - 10 days. 14 days later they shipped it with a company called ABF. For those of you who don't know this company, they also move peoples furniture on the same trucks. Anyway, 10 days later it finally arrived. I opened the box only to find the 2 lift arms broken. I recieved this thing (a Christmas present) on the Thursday before Christmas ( which was on Tuesday), I called right then to report it damaged & get the parts ordered ASAP. Just send the parts, Red Label/Sat. Delivery, I'll put them on & be ready for Christmas. The lady I talked with was very rude & inconsideret, & could care less about me, my problem, or my Christmas. She ending up hanging up on me because I was persistent to get the thing fixed for Christmas. The next day I checked to see if she even ordered the parts & was told they had already shipped, 2nd Day. This was 12/20/07, about 10 days later I still hadn't recieved them & called back. This time I was told they had shipped on 12/27/07 & was given an order #. Today is 01/11/08 & still no parts have arrived, yet they show they were shipped on 12/27. I called again today, but they were too busy to take my call. I guess they're busy with everyone else's broken Christmas presents. I even sent an E-mail a few weeks ago & recieved an "auto-reply" that someone would be in contact with-in 2 days. Riiiight!!!
 31st of Jan, 2008 by   Damian Rios 0 Votes
I also bought the CX998 eliptical machine and i'm not gonna lie....it was the best thing I had ever tried in my life...i have an internal meniscus tear and it was the best thing for me to use to lose weight under my circumstances and hey i dropped about 20 pounds (10 kilograms) in about 2 weeks....amazing thing...the problem was that all of a sudden the resistance stopped working....and i haven't used it in about 7 months because the resistance is up at the highest level and like i said...my knee is shot so now i can't use it. If anyone (and according to these complaints...there's a lot of us) can give me an idea as to what it might be i'd greatly appreciate it. My email is Demian_Rios_Martinez@hotmail.com.
 5th of Mar, 2008 by   PGA 0 Votes
I have the elliptical as well.
My machine has been down since November (3 months)for the same resistance issue described by others. We purchased the extended warranty contract, but we are not even out of the 1st year yet so extended not even kicked in yet.

Norditrack uses an outside service company called A and A exercise to represent them and service the equipment.
We get lied to by A and A, about service dates. An appointment is made, my wife takes the day off, and they cancel. This happens over and over for months. The factory warranty is now almost up.
They make every excuse in the book, from no one is in your area, to the guy has the Flu,.

I am convinced that my machine will not be fixed.

I blame Norditrack for staying in business with A and A.

Norditrack will not refund us or service the machine.
Sears who sold us the machine does not stand behind their products either and tells us to deal with Nordijunk directly.

I will not even begin to tell you of the nemerous phone calls and hold times that probably have added up to over 40 hours.

My final analysis is that Norditrack Customer Service just plain SUCKs!

This is the last product I buy from NordiJunk, and if somehow can get my money back would be forever greatful.
 9th of Mar, 2008 by   Charisse 0 Votes
I purchased an elipitcal machine (ASR 700) from Norditrack.com.January 2008. I paid $699 for it but have only been able to use it 3 times. After the first week, the resistance belt came off. I contacted Norditrack, they sent a technician named Adam from a local fitness store to replace the belt. He did so and then 2 days later the belt was off again. I called Norditrack, they advised me to call the technician again. When I did call the tech he stated I should call norditrack again as he couldn't come out w/out a service order from Norditrack. I explained to him that Norditrack said he had 30 days to guarantee his workmanship. This was a surprise to him and he said he had to get back to me to verifiy that as true. He did contact me a few days later and left me a message saying he would order some parts and come back to fix my machine. He never came. I called norditrack to check on the parts order, they stated they had no such order being placed. Called Adam again, he stated Norditrack was going to send a new machine and that he needed to come take pictures. He never came to take the pictures. I called Norditrack to see about a new machine- of course they state they didn't know what I was talking about. So then I asked for the returns dept as $700 is too much money to have spent on something that is going to be a constant headache. I want them to take the machine back and forget the whole deal. No one answers the phone at the returns department-- I held the phone for over 1hr. I emailed Norditrack on Oct 6,2008 still haven't heard a word. Called Adam- the technician, he hasn't returned my calls. All I wanted to do was to be able to work out and finally get control of my weight so far all I've been able to do is keep a constant headache and elevate my blood pressure trying to deal with this lemon machine.
 9th of Mar, 2008 by   Charisse 0 Votes
Sorry I wrote I contacted Norditrack on Oct 6, 2008- I meant to write March 6, 2008. See how frustrated they have made me.
 29th of May, 2008 by   Paul 0 Votes
HELLO EVERYONE!!! I AM ALSO A VICTIM OF THE NORDICTRACK RIPPOFF SCHEME. ANY GOOD LAWYERS OUT THERE YOU GOT YOURSELF A MONEY MAKER CASE. CAN YOU HEAR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR ALL THE STRESS AND FINANCIAL LOSS THIS NORDIC TRACK COMPANY HAS CAUSED. I LOST OVER TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS BECAUSE OF THEIR PEICE OF JUNK EQUIPTMENT!

NORDIC TRACK WILL NOT LISTEN OR HEAR IT'S CUSTOMERS TO THIS POINT, BUT SOON THEY WILL IN A COURT ROOM. SHUT THEM DOWN NOW AND SPARE YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS FROM THIS RIPOFF, HEADACHE, AND STRESS PRODUCING COMPANY@!!!
 21st of Aug, 2008 by   Alicia 0 Votes
The Nordictrack Pro Skier that is sold on the website Nordictrack.com sucks! I purchased this piece of equipment for $600 and in less than two months it did not work! I called the customer service line telling them I was sending it back and instead they just kept sending me parts to the machine!! I called them yet again, and they sent me more replacement equipment! I tried to replace some of the parts they sent, but nothing worked!!! That machine is a piece of CRAP! Nordictrack sold it's name and now whose is manufacturing this equipment is making cheap stuff! I will never purchase another thing from Nordictrack!
 1st of Sep, 2008 by   chad 0 Votes
My nordictrack has some kind of hangup, it stops counting after five seconds and beeps; it has a small black spquare in the left corner that pulses on and off with each beep. Can anyone help with this issue? I havent been able to use it for (i've owned it for 5 years) 5 years due to it breaking consistently and now the console problem... after they had sent me another.
I think the whole thing is bull shitake! Law suit anyone... count me in...
 15th of Dec, 2008 by   skyladydragon 0 Votes
I agree with whoever said a lawyer should be involved with this or something like that. How can we all get our money back, and Nordictrack stop swindling good people like ourselves who just want to keep in shape and loose a little weight!???
My husband and I purchased our Nordictrack Elliptical (ASR 1000) about 7 months ago from Sears. Stupid us, we bought the one someone had a problem with that they were able to return. It was fixed then sold to us at a small discount. It promptly broke less than 2 weeks later. Nordictrack sent out 5 Star, their contracted repair service that provides 1 star service. The first guy fixed it fine. When it broke again 2 weeks later, 5 Star was again sent out by Nordictrack. The main guy sent out his brother-in-law who knows nothing about fixing machines, and this is the guy they keep sending, despite our complaints and his unwillingness to show up when he says he'd be there.
To fast forward some, the machine broke a fourth time, and Nordictrack sent out another Elliptical without offering us a refund. They kept saying Sears issues the refund, but Sears said Nordictrack said no. We do not blame Sears, the waranty is through Nordictrack. And Sears has always been very helpful and good to us in the past when we needed assistance.
Anyway, new Eliptical broke within 3 days. My husband called Nordictrack and demanded a refund, and they said not until the repairs exceed the cost again. The problem is the brother-in-law 5 star keeps sending out has no idea what he's doing! So he looks at it and says try to return it to sears again. WHAT!????!! ~sigh~ This is way more trouble than it is worth. 5 star guy should be here tomorrow. Wish us luck.
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   Ed- 0 Votes
I have a NordicTrack CX 998 just out of warranty. The resistance control is broken.

A replacement motor was supposed to cost over $100 so I thought I'd pop it open and check it out first. The motor and gear box that control the resistance level seem to be fine. There's a potentiometer that indicates the position of the final stage in the gear box- it seems fine. bi-directional 4.7K ohms. I replaced it just to be sure and the motor behaved the same.

No matter what signal (resistance on either leg of the pot) I send to the control board the motor only spins momentarily, one direction.

All of this points to the fault being on the control board- I haven't had time to pick through it yet...

Don't buy NordicTrack
 15th of Oct, 2009 by   dougJENNINGS 0 Votes
NordicTrack simply sucks. 5 weeks and my replacement part is still not here! Contact every week and they continue to simply say give it another week. Owned it for 11 months only. DO NOT BUY A NORDICTRACK TREADMILL. There products are made cheaply. Not designed to last and god forbid if something does go wrong . . . you will never get it fixed. LET'S ALL PUT THIS COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS WHERE THEY DESERVE TO BE!!! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Watch for Online Cons on Cyber Monday