logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rootandroid.com
Rude and negative emails from this company
2. (24 mins ago)
Sears / Craftsman riding lawnmower
Lawn mower will just stop running
3. (39 mins ago)
Non-delivery of product

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

No No Hair Removal, Las Vegas, Nevada Complaints & Reviews - False advertisement, Ineffective product

No No Hair Removal Contacts & Informations

No No Hair Removal

Posted:    LV Lady

False advertisement, Ineffective product

No No
Las Vegas, Nevada
I was sucked in and bought your completely ineffective product and it was delivered on July 13, 2010. I tried it for a 2 wks and it does NOT WORK ON thick, coarse African-American hair, despite teir false advertisements to the contrary. I immediately called the 888# and was told that if I wanted to return the product without cost I would have to wait until 45-60 days. Otherwise, I would have to pay the s&h to return it. Instead of paying for the costs of shipping back a product which I was told was "risk free", I waited another 3 wks and CALLED AGAIN. This time I was told that I now "qualified" for the free s&h. I was told I would receive a call from the "Confirmation Dept" within 24-48 hrs. As of today, 09/05/2010, it has been 7 DAYS!!!. When I attempt to call the 888-525-7580, no matter which option I choose, my call is disconnected. I'm assuming it's caller id and my # is blocked. I know i know I should never have believed an infomercial with freaking soap star as it spokesperson!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Sep, 2010 by   Mad in Calgary AB +2 Votes
I also purchased the no no hair removal and it has burnt my skin!!
I DO NOT have sensitive skin and have strip burn marks from the metal wire on the device. I seriously thought I could trust this product as it was highly regarded by numerous Canadian Magazines.
When I called to return it 9/28/2010 (purchased on Sept 13) I was told I had to keep it for the full 60 days to have the return shipping payed, and was told that, that clause was noted on a paper I never received.
Not to mention the absolute stench it makes while burning your hair and skin!
Please save yourself the money call the 1-888-525- 7580 number pretend like you already have one and see what they tell you, you'll find everything I say to be the truth.
 22nd of Oct, 2010 by   Susan1972 +1 Votes
I bought the NONO and was told the same thing when I tried to return it. I had to keep it for 60 days to get free return shipping. I returned it and received the $14.95 shipping refund and 1 of my $89.94 payments was refunded. Called them to see where my final $89.94 refund was and they said they made a mistake but it would be refunded within 5 business days. Call them back 2 weeks later and was told it would be refunded within 72 hours. That was 5 days ago. Still no refund. They said they tried to refund back to my card but it was rejected. I just used the card and it is working fine. This is a ripoff and if you try to return it, get ready for a fight to get your money back.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   Frustrated today 0 Votes
I purchased the NO NO in October 2010 and received it a few weeks later. After giving it a 3 week trial - using it 2 or 3 times a week - I decided this product was not going to work for me and was definitely not worth the $300 I paid. Fortunately I called right before the 60 days was up and was told to put the wrapped up product with everything I received in a box and in exactly 3 days, UPS would arrive to pick up the parcel. At 5pm on Day 3, I called them again to say UPS did not pick up the parcel and what now? He said I should be getting an email from them saying when it will be picked up.
He said that UPS was having trouble with the Canadian pick ups. Never heard that one before. I called them again and complained, told my credit card had been credited back, put on hold then disconnected. That was the final straw. I then called my credit card company and filed a complaint. Within 2 days I had the money back on my credit card and they still have not contacted me to pick up the product. Idiots !
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   Raesha 0 Votes
I bought the no no and did not like it. The no no was awful the smell of burned hair was bad but the red marks it left on my skin were even worse. I had red burn marks on my skin for 3 days and it did not even remove the hair. I called to return the item and the representative on the phone told me I would have to pay for the shipping because my 45-60 day trial period was not up yet . I do not understand if I do not like a product now what is going to make me like it in 45-60 days? The company thinks I will forget about sending it back to them when the 45-60 day period is up, this is not customer service. The customer service representative, Jen I think was her name was insisted I tell her why I was returning it and when I told her why she became argumentative with me. I finally had to cut her off by saying that I just wanted to return the item and that I did not want to argue with her over it. She then proceeded to tell me that I would have to wait to send the item back or pay for the shipping. I also bought the no no skin item this thing does not work ether and I want to send it back. Both items were sent to me in the same box but I was told that I would have to sent them back separately because I would have to pay for the shipping on the no no skin item. The no no skin item has a 30 day period that I have to wait to return it, what a joke. This company is a customer service nightmare and the products do not work.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   Protect your $ +2 Votes
I also bought the no no and wasn't happy with the results. I made a concerted effort to follow all instructions for the two month period. I found it took a tremendous amount of time to do both legs and I had to go over the same areas multiple times. Even after this, there was hair left behind and my legs did not feel smooth. Granted they give you a buffer pad to finish, but this basically sandpapers the remaining hair... which returns the next day as rough stubble. My husband complains about sound and smell of machine when in use and I found the battery needs charging quite often. Same as other comments, I couldn't return without s&h until the 45 day mark. You have to have a return number from a customer rep. to return item. They will not except returns without this number. Reps will try every trick in the book to make you keep the no no. On my second call my rep told me they would take my last payment off and that I could continue using it. Two days later I decided that I didn't want it anyway and upon phoning again (still within the 60 days) the rep told me that I had excepted a final sale offer by excepting the last payment off. I was never told this I just thought she was appeasing me and letting the product have a chance to win me over. Now they are doing a review of our conversation to see what the interaction was.
Believe me, it will not be easy to return your no no!
It is a definite no no for me. It goes back to the old saying, if it seems too good to be true, it likely is!
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   France L. +1 Votes
I have different issues from the ones written above but it still involves Radiancy Inc. and their bogus "commitment".

First off, the address on the packing slip I received with their crappy product is wrong. The representative told me it was supposed to be Vaughan, ON but on my slip, it's clearly stated Woodbridge, ON. This will delay the reimbursement I requested.

Second, when you call to get your RMA #, they actually use that date to issue the reimbursement, not the date you actually send the package back to them. So because I called on January 15th and sent the package back on January 27th, I will not get reimbursed for the shipping cost. In other words, I actually give them $37.96 out of my own pocket. Nowhere on their commitment sheet is that ever stated.

Thirdly, they keep billing me for the product because I didn't pay in one installment. Well, let me tell you that when I ordered their shitty product, the amount I saw on their website was a little over $100. NEVER would I have ordered a product that is over $200. As it is, it costs $328.53. This is simply unfair on their part. There was no way for me to know that this product costs over $250. As a matter of fact, it's not even worth $50.

I hope no one else will ever buy their products (besides no!no! hair, they also have no!no! for pimples). DO NOT ORDER THEIR PRODUCT! I sure will never give them money anymore and I sure hope that I will get my money back soon because frankly, it's not good at all, it takes way longer to do one leg than what they say and the device keeps stopping even if you hold it correctly on your skin.

Furthermore, their infomercial is misleading: they show someone using the device on their arm. Everybody knows that hairs on your arm are smaller and easier to burn than the ones on your leg. False information.

Anyway, I will never buy anything off the internet anymore, I'd rather buy local from now on
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   France L. +1 Votes
I have just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. By the way, Radiancy Inc. is not BBB accredited. I highly recommend that you do the same. The more complaints the BBB will get, the better the chances that Radiancy put their money where their mouth is, so to speak.
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   France L. +1 Votes
I finally got my refund, which is surprising. I was getting ready to fight them but they actually kept their words. Still, their product is shitty and not worth the amount of money they are asking for.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   Sandra Maiella +1 Votes
Product doesn't work - company is fraudulent! They do not honor their "triple 60 day guarantee" - customer service makes sure they don't reply to your complaints until your 60 days is up & then they refuse to accept responsibility for the totally outrageously priced piece of junk they have tried to pass off to their consumers! The Radiancy Co. is the worst & so is the NoNo Hair remover! Buyer beware!!!
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Saint/buzz 0 Votes
with all this recorded complaints, what is the govt. agency waiting for? are they on the payroll??????????????
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   MOTHER24 0 Votes
Well... I waited the 60 days because of everything I read...went past the 60 days because I didn't have an alarm clock set to remind me to call them...when I called they said I had waited too long...that they had a 5 day grace only. Product NEVER left me with smooth skin - They are not customer service friendly, the representative was rude and argumentative...when I asked to speak to a manager he told me it would not help put me on 'silent' hold for 13 minutes...came back on and said if would just be a minute more...then I waited another 14 minutes before the manager got on the line - my opinion trying to get me to just hang up. I would highly recommend NOT TO BUY THIS PRODUCT - DOESN'T WORK AND CAN'T GET A REFUND!!!
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   Xfirebabe 0 Votes
I agree with all comments. Call on March 21 to return the product, which is crap. Since it hadn't been 60 days, I got tired of telling the customer service rep that I wanted to return the product. Agreed to wait until the 60 days. Like the above poster, didn't set my clock and when I called last night, was told that I couldn't return the product since it was past the 60 days. They record all phone calls, which I don't remember hearing that they would do this. Customer Service rep was rude and would not stop talking about my responsibility to call back after 60 days. BTW, the packing slip doesn't have a date on it. They based it off when the package was delivered; they have record of it, although I couldn't tell you when it was delivered. After asking to speak with a supervisor and waiting on hold, she wasn't any better. However, after threatening to report the company to the BBB in CA and GA, filing a complaint with the FTC, and disputing the charge with my CC company, as well as telling her that I would be the company's social media nightmare, she agreed to refund 25% of the cost. Wow, how generous. I still will be filing complaints. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!
 19th of May, 2011 by   Konnylee 0 Votes
I also bought this product, paid the entire amount upon purchase. I waited the 45 days, called to tell them I wasn't satisfied and they told me that my 45 days wasn't up. I argued that it was but nonetheless they wouldn't give in. So I waited until 9 days after what they said were the 45 days and when I called they said I had gone past the 60 days and couldn't get a refund. After much arguing, I was told that QA would review my initial call and that I should call back in 3 more days. I did that today and was told that it had been reviewed and I wasn't entitled to a refund. I asked to hear the taped call, which they had told me I could, and now I have to wait for perhaps another week to have them call me. The representative was very rude. I am contacting my CC company to see if they can reimburse me and go after this company. Don't buy from the, they are just out to rip you off and the product does not work.
 29th of May, 2011 by   mnsaturday 0 Votes
I brought the No No and wanted to keep it after the 60 days (even though it didn't work) I figures since I have coarse Black hair maybe it's just gonna take longer for me to see results. I can truly say this device is crap and worthless. We we're extremly dooped into believing this product would solve our hair removal problems because of it's high price and many advertisment on 100s of websites. I think they need to go out of business they're a big fraud and stealing money from it's consumers! I regret this purchase 100%!
 29th of May, 2011 by   Saavy consumer 0 Votes
I am amazed at all the complaints, which sound completely legit to me. I have also ordered products on the internet and over the phone. When they are terrible, it is very hard to deal with the companies. I think they have it set up that way. One big reason I was amazed on the No No product is because I recently saw it recommended on Dr. Oz who I feel is a reputable TV personality. However, it was probably a rerun and his show is not aware of all the negative experiences customers have had with the product. Unfortunately, there is no agency at the Federal level that deals with products sold on over the phone and/or the internet. Everyone has to deal with their own state entitites, i.e. local BBB and the Attorney General Consumer Fraud Division of each state. But the bottom line is, as usual, "LET THE BUYER BEWARE".
 5th of Jun, 2011 by   Lenna in Texas 0 Votes
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment on the No! No! I was just about to order it, but you all saved me! Thanks again.
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   Extremely Cautious Consumer 0 Votes
YES! thanx for those complaints because they saved me too frm buying it!! i figured it was too good to be true so i started looking up it's reviews. i am VERY glad this exists! i honestly believe evryone on here that has made a complaint should all send e-mails to "Help Me Hank" because this problem should really be aired on T.V. to save others & get back @ Radiancy Inc. If there's a lot of complaints of this fraud to "Help Me Hank", whom is Hank Phillippi Ryan an investigative reporter on WHDH TV (chanel 5), then they'll go after them & air it for ALL to see. ;)
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   MARC908 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE PROSECUTED ! THEY LIE ! THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK ! FOR THOSE WHO ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING IT ---> DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP ! IT DOES NOT WORK !!!
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   Insulted2 0 Votes
I ordered the product after seeing it featured on the Dr. Oz show; it arrived in 3 days. It worked for less than 10 before the red 'trouble' light came on. I called their customer service, and they insisted on sending out additional heads to try even though the problem was obviously the unit itself. They arrived 12 days later and of course didn't fix the problem. I called to return it, and got a very argumentative woman who identified herself as Jen. She refused to accept the broken unit with prepaid S&H - BECAUSE I HADN'T GIVEN IT THE FULL 45 DAY TRIAL! She insisted on sending out another unit to finish the trial. Ten days later, when the return label hadn't arrived, and there was no way I could see results in the short time left, I called again to cancel the exchange and do a return. The same rude woman argued with me for another 10-15 minutes about returning it early! I paid $14 to send the unit back insured with a return receipt just to end the situation! Seven days later, I received an e-mail saying they received the unit and re-shipment was pending. I called, got a guy this time, explained that it was sent to RETURNS, I paid the shipping, andwritten on the bottom of the original receipt was a big note saying it was defective and being RETURNED. He left me on hold for a few minutes, gave a feeble attempt at finding fault; and said my Discover card would be credited within 3-5 days - it was. The shame to this is I really wanted to try the product; it just was defective. I cannot do business with a company with this type of customer service.
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   Reem Obaid 0 Votes
AGREE AGREE AGREE! this piece of crap first of all dosnt work for s*** and the false advertisment makes you believe that we got it in the bag and if it dosnt work theyll return it. Well that was a bunch of lies because once i got the product, it didnt even work so i thought id wait a little longer caz the 300 dollars gotta be worth something. and stupid me was in no rush to return it because the policy clearly said if after 60 days you are still not satisfied we wil refund it. so i got it May and called the consumer service guy early august and he made me seem like a fool for not understanding that after sixty days meant after 60 and before 65 which they do not mention in any way whatsoever. Anyway, iv filed a complaint to BBB and im sending no no an email. heres what u have to do to send it (gotten from another copmplaint) caz i hear some people have gotten 25 % discounts:
-so please send us an email to NoNoCares@trynono.com explaining your situation. Make sure to include your first and last name or order number and a number where we can reach you so that we can access your account. Also, please put “Complaints Board no!no! Customer” in the subject line.
SO DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

The Cost of Summer Camp