logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
VENETIAN HOTEL LAS VEGAS
PROSTITUTE HEAVEN, UNSAFE, BAD STAFF, NOT CLEAN, NO REFRIGERATION, NOISY ROOMS, WET CARPETS
2. (24 mins ago)
YES! Communities
Dont ever mess with these people they are ripoffs
3. (42 mins ago)
Timberline Knolls
patients rights violations
4. (47 mins ago)
AIL/ American Income
job opportunity scam- beware
5. (1 hr 3 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NMX*Franklin Prosperity Complaints & Reviews - subscription renewed without permission

NMX*Franklin Prosperity Contacts & Informations

NMX*Franklin Prosperity

Posted: 2011-05-31 by    eheer

subscription renewed without permission

NMX*Franklin Prosperity
A tentative subscription of probably a year ago was renewed without my permission. I just found the charge of $49 on my credit card. I have protested the charge with my Visa card carrier but there is no way that I can get in touch with and protest directly with NMX Franklin Prosperity since their address is (purposely?) hidden and lots of browsing in the internet did not yield any result.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of May, 2011 by   andyh54889 0 Votes
The same thing just happened to me. However I called their subscription cancellation number, 1-800 485-4350, and they took care of the problem.

My subscription was cancelled, and they said my credit card should show the refund within the next 3 to four days
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by   loat in Texas 0 Votes
I had the same problem and no phone number or details to contact. They teach us how to prosper but at the same time directly take money from our account.
For Newsmax, a conservative publicaton this type of parctice is not kosher.
I just calle the number in your message and I was refunded the charges.
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   CS1422 0 Votes
1-800 485-4350
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   Eva71 0 Votes
I am a new member of NMX Frankin, and am unsure what I am supposed to get for my membership. Can someone enlighten me, please.
Eva71 cvh3912@yahoo.com
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   GolferinGermany 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. Billed/charged $49 without my authorization. Awaiting an answer. Tried calling several times 1-800 485-4350. -No one available to take my call. NOT HAPPY! johnwdavis11@yahoo.com
 3rd of Oct, 2011 by   woonyoung ryu 0 Votes
28th of September 2011
I have no any relations to the NMX Frankline Prosperity, $49.00 was transacted from my credit account without my authorization. You made a great mistake to transact $49.00 from my credit account. No one was available to take my call (800-485-4350). would you please refund tome as soon as possible? ( wyryu99@yahoo.com )
woonyoung ryu, from Florida
 29th of Oct, 2011 by   Hannalorie 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. First I was billed for a 49$ subscription I never authorized. i filed a dispute with my bank of America because they advised doing so over fraud. Then i tried contacting them by phone and of course there is only a brief message that no one can take the call and leave your number for a call back. (yeah, right). My bank credited me the amount back while investigating, but now a new 99$ charge just appeared from the same outfit. also I had sent an email after the first charge notifying them of the dispute and instructing them not to charge me again. Now, I will go for fraud and I just hope the bank sides with me. anyone else have experience with this?
 1st of Nov, 2011 by   Bolz 0 Votes
Hannalorie - I have just encountered the exact same issue. Without any authorization, this NEWSMAX backed "Franklin Prosperity" organization has illegally and fradulently charged my credit card account $49. Like yourself, I tried contacting them at the 800 number posted above but also got the message that nobody was available to take my call. It's horrible that you were also charged the $99.00! It is fraud and obviously the source of this crooked outfits "prosperity". Have you had any success in resolving yet? Tom Bolster (thomas.bolster@yahoo.com)
 1st of Nov, 2011 by   spoot 0 Votes
Here's what to do!!!
The # 1 800 485 4350 [ IS] to newsmax subscriptions. Since this is happening to so many people, the limited phonelines can't keep up. So...Call the main office @ 1 561 686 1165 and you will get the receptionist. tell her about the sudscription problem AND that the # is busy all the time and that you would like to speak with someone personally regarding cancellation of the unwanted subscription. It worked for me...and fast.
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by   William J Sydney Australia 0 Votes
We suffered the same problem, tried to call at various times and always got the same message "No one is available to take your call at this time" and I tried to leave a message with no success. The time in the US was mid-afternoon Wednesday. We originally responded to a free book offer and were asked to provide credit card details to cover the cost of postage and as a bonus they provided a free subscription to their newsletter. The charge made to my credit was unauthorised, we received no paperwork, they have no email address and do not answer their phones. Our recommendation is NOT TO DEAL with them under any circumstances.
William Sydney Australia
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by   William J Sydney Australia 0 Votes
Any organization that charges someone's credit card without their approval is fraudster and their bank should withdraw their credit card facility as it is being used for fraud. They are obviously serial offenders as we are just one of many victims.
 5th of Nov, 2011 by   jackphnx 0 Votes
lesson learned. If it seems too good to be true, it probably isnt true.
1. Dont trust anybody
2.Everyone is really out to screw you (Type 2 personality as per Robert Ringer)
3.There are always at least 3 sides to every story
Lets put these bad guys out of business
Short term solution-cancel card that was charged and have bank reissue new credit card with a different number and security code-cuts them off at their b-lls
 6th of Nov, 2011 by   Jendeeda 0 Votes
Same thing here. $49 for god knows what. Did not authorize. Will call on Monday (closed on Sat, Sun) see if I can get through.
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   Mr I cant afford this 0 Votes
Same thing here, charged and still no pubs in the mail. I called the number everybody puts up here to get an answering machine. Went to their site and find the same number is on there. Went to contact us and wrote to them about it asking for a refund and sent sooooo... We'll see how that works.
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   MO 1956 0 Votes
Same thing here, I did not agree to charge I call the number above and was put on hold for more than an hour to speak to someone about the charge. Spoke Lady said I would receive my $49.00 in three to five business day.
 16th of Nov, 2011 by   MichaelJ 0 Votes
Same thing here. Unauthorized $49 charged to my card. Called the 800 # but, rec'd message that no one was available to take my call. No call back either. This is FRAUD!
I'm going to try to call the main office @ 1 561 686 1165 as mentioned above next. If no resolution there, next stop will be my state's attorny general.
 18th of Nov, 2011 by   reesejackson 0 Votes
Called the 800 485 4350 number; put on hold for 5 mins; Telemarketer then explained that with the free "Aftershock" 2nd edition there were 3 trials subscription included but that they had to be cancelled in two weeks or charges would start for them. I cancelled the first one and will get a refund on my credit card in 3-5 business days; cancelled the other two subscriptions so no future charges. The fine print must have been hidden because I usually read the entire disclosure when getting anything for "free". No skin off my bones!!
 9th of Jan, 2012 by   Cheryl E 0 Votes
Just to alert you all, I just got another 49.00 charge to my bank account and when I called, was told the same thing about the Aftershock book which I have NEVER ordered. This is the 2nd or 3rd time that this has happened to me and although they do refund the money, it is NOT okay that they keep making unauthorized debits from my account. I am going to file a complaint with the FL attorney general as well as anyone else I can think of. This is ridiculous and illegal and we need to make sure that these people are stopped. It is such a sad commentary on Newsmax and everything that they supposedly stand for.
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   CS1422 0 Votes
As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously. We have long maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so. Thank you.
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   LadyLou2 0 Votes
I just discovered the same unauthorized $49 charge on my card. I appreciate all of the above posts and will look into how to make charges against Newsmax, if they don't refund my money immediately after I call them tomorrow morning (Monday). What a scam!!!

Is Work at Home Scam or Real Deal?

Latest Groups