logo

Nirvana Laminate

Posted:    SerM

Do not purchase

Lumber Liquidators
Purchased Nirvana Laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Pittsburgh PA. Once purchased was told all sales were final - no returns. Prior to instaLlation my contractor and myself realized just how inferior this product was. The floor crumbled in my hands with little pressure- but I was stuck - I couldnt return the product! What to do? So I installed it. My daughter dropped a plastic hairbrush and the floor dented and the wood grain covering peeled off. This floor is simply pitiful. I did the right thing and contacted the Customer service office. I then sent a letter with 3 pieces of sample board for their quality team to examine. And then emailed the corporate office to assist in resolving this issue and THEY RESPONDED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESPONSE" I personally examined the samples provided and noted several impact damage marks on the sides of the boards and the samples support the original findings shared with you that the product was not in fact defective, but the care being used to install the product was in question.I see no evidence of manufacturing defects from what we see and the claim the product is defective is unsubstantiated.

Brian Pullin x7521

Office of Tom Sullivan, Chairman

Lumber Liquidators, Inc

3000 John Deere Road

Toano, VA 23168

What an easy way out! At least 2 of every 8 boards per box were damaged upon inspection And the locking tracks were so fragile they cracked and snap off in my hands. I actually resulted to taking each board out with gloves and had them wrapped in a towel - can you believe that! And this is supposed to have a 25 year warrantee! I was told the warantee is only for manufactureres defects. What a joke. I have been offered a 3rd party hired by Lumber LIquidators to inspect the floor. Wow how biased would that be? Hmm let me think VERY biased! I showed my contractor the email and he flipped his lid and will be letting everyone in the area to NOT USE LUMBER LIQUIDATORS for anything. He knows how careful and precise he was in getting this floor installed. Lumber liquidators has an A+ rating on the BBB site but actually there are over 40 cases in which the customers issue was not resolved to their satisfaction. They should be rated an F in my book- I have asked in all correspondence with them to call me and they decide to email and hide behind their PCs. MY suggestion go buy the cheapest flooring at HOme Depot and it is twice as durable and a quality product. DO NOT GET Taken by Lumber Liquidators. They do not stand behind their product or know how to handle customer inquiries. All in all RUN dont walk AWAY from using them.

Then had a 3rd party inspect the floor & JUst got the letter from LL - THEY

S U C K ! The most unprofessional group of thieves in the business. They actually stated that their inferior product is due to installation! What BS! D O NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS- THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND THEY WILL BLAME YOU OR YOUR CONTRACTOR FOR THEIR CARDBOARD FLOORING DEFECTS. wARRANTY? WHAT WARRANTY! I HOPE THYE GO UNDER- MANY H O N E S T BUSINESSES EXIST THAT WOULD DO A QUALITY JOB WITH A QUALITY PRODUCT- L L IS N O T ONE OF THEM!
Comments United States Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2010 by   bmitchusmc 0 Votes
I have used N irvana flooring in 4 houses and have not had the first issue. I love it. I did have a problem with one solid wood however they acknowledge the error in the flooring and replaced it because it was a valid complaint. Any laminate will break on the edges if you make it mess with it. A friend of mine had a third party come to inspect and the inspector ruled in their favor. Wood flooring is a tricky product and if the proper precautions are not taken it will not install properly no matter how good of a product you buy. I have been nothing but satisfied with Lumber Liquidators and think that they offer a superior product at great prices with salesmen that actually know their product. You can go to HD or Lowes but they won't be able to tell you the in's and out's of the flooring like these guys. To everyone else out there listen to this guy if you want but from a man who has bought more than one floor and plans to buy more I wouldn't listen to him.
 15th of Aug, 2013 by   AmesK 0 Votes
We aren't having a problem with the Nirvana flooring itself. We are, however, unable to get any more to finish our project. It has been discontinued and all sold out. I still have two rooms left to do. The customer service at Lumber Liquidators is crap. To the original poster, Nirvana flooring comes with a 25 year warranty. Did LL tell you that? The problem is getting someone to acknowledge the warranty.
 11th of Sep, 2013 by   VickiBashert 0 Votes
Anyone out there reading this, you must file a complaint against LL with the National Wood Flooring Association, & with the Virginia States attorneys office. I just filed a compliant with them. I too sent off the boards, & I too received the letter from Brian Pullin. LL may send out someone to inspect your floor, but they are not NWFA certified Inspectors. This is a big deal! Also the warranty that they tell you comes with the floor, they never show you. It is really a disclaimer of what they do not cover, which they will call site conditions. They will blame you for these site conditions, which is their out, because their warranty excludes these site conditions, this is deception on their part, & consumer fraud. If everyone out their reading this, files complaints with NWFA.org & the Virginia States attorneys office LL will finally be held accountable, & may be forced out of business. Please file your complaints!
 5th of Jun, 2014 by   DClark82 0 Votes
DO NOT USE NIRVANA WOOD FLOORS. The only guarantee is that 20% of product will be damaged and the other 80% will not fit

together. without block and mallet. brand new garbage. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. PS I like the positive comments left by the

nirvana reps People do your homework and research ALL products before you buy an headache.

Health Insurance for College Grads