logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Unique Auto Repair/ Aries Auto Repair/ An Honest Mechanic
rip off, does not fix car, his goal is to steal your car
2. (8 mins ago)
Geoholiday Starpoint Geo Holiday
Timeshare Fraud
5. (18 mins ago)
Tribalwar.com
They used to clean viruses, but they didn’t do this

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Gobber

Scam and lies

New Vitality
newvitality.com
Like others before me, I responded to a radio advertising pitch by non other than the respected Thom Hartmann for a New Vitality Product. I called the toll-free number to make a trial order, unknowing that I would subsequently be "Auto Billed" for orders I did not authorize.

After receiving a second order I did not authorize, I called the company to insist that future orders would not be authorized and to cease sending them. I called two weeks afterward to verify that I was removed from their customer lists.

Two orders were sent months later. I sent them back at my own expense, informed my credit card company, filled out the dispute papers, and once again called NV to reiterate I had refused their business months earlier.

My credit card company informs me that the refund for those two orders were made, less the "shipping charges" of $7.90 per order, which "New Vitality Company policy" does not refund. Despite the orders being unauthorized, returned at my expense, they want to retain the "shipping charges, " which on return cost me a total of $2.56 (for both).

The so-called "customer care" people who answer their telephones are another piece of work. They are obviously trained to filter out any hint of complaint, to insist on their authority and power over the customer, and to extract any possible funds under any false pretenses they can invent to cover their costs.

The company and their employees are despicable con artists and they will go wild with your credit card number given the opportunity.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Nov, 2009 by   S. Woods 0 Votes
I called from a radio ad, too. They specificaaly explained that by taking the free trial I was signing up for auto ship, but that I could call after i got the product and cancel the auto ship, which I did with no problems. Since then I have re-ordered because the Super Beta Prostate formula has really helped me.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   Yellow one 0 Votes
This advertiser on the Thom Hartman show is a rip off artist par excellence. They crush up corn flakes and ju ju juice, dry it out and call it prostate health pills. The above letter who says they benefited from the pills is either 1. Impaired 2. is an employee of the company or 3. a shill since the product has the same effect ass clicking your heels together and repeating, "There's no place like home" over and over.

And, or course, all people who request that future shipments be stopped, are told, "Fine and dandy " then you are charged on your credit card $34.90 including the shipping. I called back within the 30 day period (you're told by a "customer service agent" that you have up to 60 days to cancel but I called in after 2½ weeks to cancel and after a long pause, I was told that the second order had already shipped and to just mark it "return to sender" so that I wouldn't be charged. VISA is now asking for proof of return since these thieves are apparently claiming it was not returned. So now they have my money AND their product, which they will pawn off on some new unsuspecting soul.

The real thief in this fiasco is VISA who has the moral authority to reverse all of these charges, but is wanting proof of delivery which I do not have.
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   New Vitality Customer Service 0 Votes
To Yellow One:

I am deeply concerned over your unfortunate comments. We have a very large customer base and when things like this happen it often makes us wonder how it did and what can be done to resolve the situation.
Some of our advertisements do reflect a free bottle offer for Beta Prostate and NightSkin. It "does" state in the advertisement that you need to pay for shipping and handling, so I am deeply sorry that you had missed that in the commercial. To assure quality for our sales and our Customer Service Representatives we do record our telephone conversations in order to find any fault, if any, on our offerings. We do not automatically apply a charge and shipment to your credit card after the free offer goes out, that will only happen if you desire to get a discount on future orders by signing up for our "Super Saver Program". I would like to get your order information to research your problem and try and both satisfy you as a customer and possibly learn if there was any fault on our representative side by listening to the calls when they came into our center.
We value you as a customer and never want you to have any dissatisfaction. Please call our Customer Service Department and speak with our Director, Patricia, that phone number is 1-800-943-6465 and her extension is 1215. I promise that we will do everything possible to make you a happy customer.

Farmingdale, NY 11735
 30th of May, 2010 by   Ill Tempered 0 Votes
This is exactly why you should use either a Discover Card or a Citi Cards Master card when shopping online or over the phone. Both have a service that allows you to generate a virtual card number that can be used only one time. If New Vitality tries to bill that same card number for future orders they will be S.O.L. because they will get a message saying that the card they are trying to bill is no longer valid. As a result they probably won't ship the order.
 6th of Sep, 2010 by   New Vitality is a scam! 0 Votes
New Vitality is a rip off scam. You order one trial bottle and they continue to send a bottle every month and bill you $34.90. The pleasant customer service noted above is not too accommodating and they are part of the scam. Stay away they are bad news. I can't get them off my back!
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   E Campbell 0 Votes
E Campbell
As of now I'm using them and have been satisfied thus for with the product and customer service which was very polite and honored my request. I hope they continue to treat all customers with honesty and integrity.
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by   Rolex594 -1 Votes
i used to work for new vitality you are 100% correct the company is a big scam. they even lauf about it often. the thing is there is a script that we have to read "verbatim" and in that scrip it explains not in plain english but it does explain that we will charge your credit card every month till you call to cancel. even then they will some how con people into continueing with the product or they will cancell it and talk you into another 1. all we need to do is get a yes or a ok from the customer and that gives us the right to charge your credit card intill you call or figure out some way that you dont have to pay for it annymore. in my honest opion i do not like doing that to people yes it was money for me but then karma set in and i got scamed into somthing buy another company and didnt like how it felt. so then i went to work with a differnt way of thinking and did not have the heart to do it to people and ended up getting fired. the company is garbage i wouldnt order anything from there or use any of thier products even thow i would get them for free i never put any of that garbage in my system. NO PRODUCT THAT THEY SELL IS FDA APPROVED!!! do not buy it you could end up getting sick from the product there are side effects that they dont tell you all they will say is i have not used the product before bring it to your doctor. knowing that most people wont . moral of the story spread the word new vitailty is garbage rip off scammers do not buy from them. you can call the direct number if you feel like giving the "boss" a piece of your mind Ritchie Smith 631-777-7767. hope i help some people out today.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Frankiepals +1 Votes
Its funny how you spew all this negative rhetoric about the company and make yourself sound so nice but you clearly state you were FIRED. Its not like you quit do to your heart of gold, you were fired and now you are bitter. This is a great company to work with with plenty of great products to offer. It won't be hard for the NV employee to find out who you are being that you are from North Babylon (which explains alot) and sue you for releasing personal information on the net. Have a nice day and next time you get fired from a position know it is due to your own incompetence, not the company.
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   ZeroProfit 0 Votes
I called them after a radio ad. The customer service rep was courteous, but pushy. He kept trying to get me to say "yes" to other pills and vitamins when all I wanted was Super Beta Prostate. I mean, he was OK - not mean or condescending; just pushy. So he kept saying, "And we'll send this to you, OK? " And I had to say, clearly, "No, Not OK. I don't want that." It's like their trained to coach you into saying "yes". However, they were clear that unless I send back the unused portion and call and cancel, I WILL BE BILLED MONTHLY. He was extra clear about that. Oh well. HSBC sent me a new debitcard number anyway due to problem with paypass! The product has worked OK, but I have a friend who works at a health food store and he looked at the product label, information, and pills. He said there is NO WAY it is worth $29.95 + shipping. For that amount he could hook me up with something completely proven and organic.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   rolfing 0 Votes
Suggestion: When buying products from unscrupulous companies like this one, Use a credit card from the Supermarket that only has sufficient funds for the amount you are buying. They will not be able to auto-ship or charge you for additional items. I will be calling Ritchie Smith (Owner) at 631-777-7767 tomorrow. People do have the power, Just see what is happening in Egypt. As long as we have the Internet, we can stay informed
 5th of Jun, 2011 by   upset1957 0 Votes
i ordered two of the products . and after the first shippment i cancelled but they keep sending me the same products and charging me for them i returned them and never got my money back. also you can never get anyone from customer service on the line they are always unavailable
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   Excalibur 0 Votes
Worst customer service has to include New Vitality, makers of Super Beta Prostate, a natural supplement for men's prostate health. They offer a free 30 day supply to start. When you order online you find you have to give them a credit card for shipping. When you finally confirm the order they inform you you are signed up for automatic future shipments at the regular cost unless you cancel. The problem is they are impossible to contact by phone because they say in a recording " We are experiencing longer than normal response times" then the system hangs up on you. They don't respond to emails. I finally sent them a registered letter to cancel. Time will only tell if that worked.
 28th of Jun, 2011 by   Joe I 0 Votes
I totally disagree with some of the comments made about continuing to receive an order after you have cancelled. I have used super beta prostate for about two years now and am very satisfied. I feel much better now since I've been using this product. I don't feel like I did when I was in my 20's, but I don't think that there is any product out there that will make you feel 100%, and if there is, please let me know about it, I've tried so many different products in the past, with not even the slightest relief, until Super beta max.
I actually cancelled my order about a years ago, in order to try a different product which turned out to be useless after trying it for three months. During that whole time I never received another order from new vitality until I re-ordered. To this day I'm still satisfied, and like I said, I don't feel like I did when I was a young man, but a hell of lot better than I did three or for years ago.
 12th of Sep, 2011 by   Jann D. 0 Votes
I tried an eye cream, Lumatone, from New Vitality. Don't get anything from this company!!! I did not like the product and I made it clear I did not want any more shipments. They ignored this, sent me a shipment and billed me $46. It is very, very difficult to get customer service on the line. They tell you to press 1 and when you press 1 they say it is not a valid response. You have to press 2 like you are placing an order, and then start complaining and they put you through to customer service. They said they are willing to take the product back, but they are deducting $6.99 for shipping and a $3 restocking fee. So I am losing $10 and I didn't even want the product. It is a lousy product. I will tell everyone I know to STAY AWAY from New Vitality!!! They are a bad, low life company.
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   I hate stupid 0 Votes
This company is a joke. Do NOT order anything from them unless you just want to throw away your money, because you will NOT get a refund.

I ordered Ageless Male and Triple Action Virility. I took them for a couple of weeks, noticed no difference and returned them. Only problem is, New Vitality said it was over 30 days - so NO REFUND! Including the shipping and return shipping they don't even give you any time to try the product; therefore, they will NEVER have to issue a refund.

They sent me a copy of when the products were supposedly delivered to me, but it's their word against mine since I never signed for anything.

This company is an absolute JOKE and they should rot in hell!!!
 17th of Sep, 2011 by   ron_s 0 Votes
I have bought two products from them: Beta Prostate and Ageless Male. Since I just bought Ageless Male, I cannot tell you if it works, but Beta Prostate works great and I have not had any problems with Customer Service even though I have changed my orders a few times. I'm a happy customer...thus far...lol
 29th of Sep, 2011 by   AnonyMous0426 0 Votes
To ron_s,
The problem with this company is not so much in the way that the products do or do not work (most of them don't, but if it works for you then more power to you!) but in the way their "customer service" handles situations where the customer is less than pleased. Of course there will not be problems when you are requesting simple order changes and such--but god forbid you want to cancel a product that isn't working for you! That's when NV's true colours start to show, a real lack of confidence in their products lead them to do just about anything to keep you from canceling that recurring shipment and charge! Having worked for them in the past, I am fully aware of what they truly care about. They are scam artists who take advantage of older people, hoping they will forget to cancel their autoship. Think twice before ever ordering from them. Trust me, they are all too grateful for your money. And thats about it.
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   pitch62 0 Votes
Ive been using Super Beta Prostate for over three years now and have found the product to be great! I ordered online with a credit card and continue to order when I want to. If somebody calls and tries to get me on the automatic plan, I always tell them I'm satisfied with the way I'm doing it now and that's the end of it. If you set the program up with automatic shipments, then that's your falt. It could have been done another way. The bottom line is that I can cancel anytime I want without any hassle at all.
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by   OL SKOOL 0 Votes
Well we will see if all those so call people who talk so highly of this company words are true. Tomorrow I will be calling this company for a charge I did not authorize. Now I received a 61.00 charge on my bank account and I have not had there product a full 30 days before I'm bill again. I will see tomorrow how they handle my complaint and if they don't reverse those charges off of my account I will get on urban radio and dis credit them dealing with customers and how they charge for this product. Better business will be informed about this. I am not saying nothing against this company until I check it out myself. I do like Beta Prostate. OL SKOOL
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by   NO-BS 0 Votes
WAKE UP PEOPLE. Who in their right mind would take this crap without consulting their physician??WOW
And everyone is shocked that there are so many scams targeted at the U.S.

Grandparent Scams