logo

Hyundai Fall River MA
Sales and Service
2. (4 mins ago)
aolloa.net
No order, communication or updates about my order
3. (9 mins ago)
Sally Beauty Supply
Horrible workers
4. (11 mins ago)
allrightshoes.com
Seller refused to take order back
5. (11 mins ago)

Posted:    BOB GOIN

FRAUD AGAINST CUSTOMERS

NETZERO
NETZERO.COM
I JUST SIGNED UP FOR THEIR SERVICE YESTERDAY. I PHONED THEM WITH A QUESTION ABOUT MY $14.95 PER MONTH SERVICE. THE MAN, WHO WAS FROM INDIA ADDED A BUNCH OF SERVICES ON MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. I HAVE BEEN ALL DAY TRYING TO CANCEL THEM. ALL I GET IS THE RUNAROUND. EVEN MY EMAILS ARE COMING BACK UNDELIVERABLE AND I AM USING THEIR LINKS. I WILL CANCEL MY SERVICE BUT UNFORTUNATELY I USED A DEBIT CARD AND I WILL NOW HAVE TO CANCEL THIS CARD. THIS COMPANY IS COMMITING FRAUD ON A HUGE SCALE.
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Mar, 2009 by   deb 0 Votes
Were you aware that these company/companies cover their mics and laugh at us customers? Something has to be done. I have no idea why they are allowed to rip people off in the first place . CALL FCC and BETTER Business Now.( And why are they based in Georgia USA but they tell you USA cant help you)
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   AMVET guy 0 Votes
Being a trusting consumer, I gave NetZero a try back in November, after a bad experience with Earthlink, who I had costly issues with.

One month's trial according to them, was to be free. Due to extremely poor service I found another ISP here in Reno (Great Basin), so I cancelled before the trial period was over.

Looking over the last 3 month's bank statements, I've been billed $17.94 monthly from NetZero, not to mention a DOUBLE BILLING for April. Today, I called to report and alert them of their error with no satisfaction. After talking with a lady speaking poor English, she could not help and hurriedly transferred to a "billing" line, which never answered, just rang and rang and rang. Of course, she gratuitously made sure I also had the number before she went off line.

These devious tactics, and customer abuses have to be reported, and followed up until resolved, or they become just statistics as long as there are no actions taken. Decent and unsuspecting consumers deserve better treatment than being victims of such a deceptive and devious form of theft.

Personally, being a survivor of recent and multiple life saving heart surgeries, I have little time nor room in my remaining days for such contrived bullshit. For the most part, life is good. Only, THIS type of theft is seemingly epidemic on the internet.

Beginning at the top, not the bottom, I am first reporting NetZero to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Once, previously they did contact me regarding an internet scam they were investiating.

Need I say more? CAVEAT EMPTOR
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   Gina from Maryland 0 Votes
I have spent all day today trying to figure out how the NETZERO is committing the financial fraud against me and others.

Here is what NETZERO does to rip you off:

Netzero does not care that you want to cancel or already did cancel their account many moths ago, or never had one at all. They pretend that they "misunderstood" and you wish to have even more of their "valuable service". This way the calling center in Philippine (also India or any other place outside the USA) forward their claim to their collecting agency (also located outside of the USA), collecting agency forward now so called "legitimate" claim to the financial institution (yours) inside the U.S.A. The NETZERO in the USA is a registered American company and financial institutions are obligated to answer to this bogus claim, just like to the legal one.
Next step: your financial institution (bank, credit card company) advise you to call the NETZERO internet service provider and resolve this matter with them - or cancel their service. You call NETZERO time and again. Same circle. Than you cancel your credit card, open a card with a new number and you think it's all over. Think again: your next billing statement will have the same charge from NETZERO!
WOW! What a way to trick so many people! Even if NETZERO will return(refund, reimburse) you your money - guess what happened? THE NETZERO have WON! They have used your money to make more money, while you are struggling with the NETZERO FRAUD !

I will pay from now on for the internet or any other online services and purchases with a prepaid cash card. This is the only way to make dishonest people from NETZERO and others to stop enslaving me, my credit card, my bank account ...

Good luck and god bless you all !
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   Lisa Duvall 0 Votes
Please email me at lisaduvall@att.net. I have the experience, knowledge and time to collect your unauthorized charges. Very reasonable and affordable fee.
 22nd of Nov, 2012 by   The Right Stuff 0 Votes
November 2012. Total dissatisfaction from the company Netzero. I ordered a 4G usb stick for internet use on the go. The software corrupted my usb driver on my Dell, Sony Vaio and my Mac. Talk about being furious. They I looked at the small print, MADE IN CHINA. Both the device and software are designed to takeover your computers usb ports and lock you out. The 4G stick didn't work at all and the companies customer service just kept asking me if I have installed the software. Yes, 3 times and hours and hours of lost productivity at work. I am not a happy camper! Save yourself and your computer from hours of aggrevation. NO NETZERO
 26th of Dec, 2013 by   purrplekat 0 Votes
I wish I'd known about this site before I purchased a hotspot over the summer from them. It was costly, and I was spending so much extra money "topping up" to add data to my service so I could continue to use the internet. I only had their service for a few months, because it seemed like my data allowance disappeared faster and faster even though I was consciously reducing my online activity. The final straw was when I went to top up for a THIRD time in one month, and was told I was not allowed to top up (something not mentioned in my terms of service-they only mentioned that I could top up). I was allowed an exception "just once"...and switched to another ISP in that time. Funny, I do more and am using less data than they claimed I did per month. They attempted to offer me free service to keep me, and I said no because my new service had already begun. He had the audacity to ask me WHO WAS MY NEW SERVICE PROVIDER! I told him that quite frankly I didn't think it was any of his business who I was giving my business to and to just be assured it was no longer going to be them. They are scammers of the worst variety!
 25th of Jun, 2014 by   fed fuckin up 0 Votes
...and you have to start cussing to get the supervisor on the line.
 25th of Jun, 2014 by   fed fuckin up 0 Votes
..have to start using profanity to get a supervisor on the line.

Top 5 Holiday Scams