logo

Ask.com
Beware of Ask.com
5. (52 mins ago)
Kathy Chasteen of Someday Isle Kennels
MIA after given deposit money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NetSpend, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - refuse to unblock our tax return

NetSpend Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2013-02-16 by    chellybelly02261

refuse to unblock our tax return

netspend
Connecticut
we just moved from another state. we filed our taxes through turbo tax as we always do and it gave the option to recieve the money our bank account number, a paper check or on the prepaid netspend card.. well because we are in the process of switching banks we decided on netspend.. we got the email that the refund was deposited in our account and the next day we recieved our card, so i activated it ( it only gave us the option to have 1 card) and within an hour of activating it, i got an email saying we need to call because there was a problem with the account. because we were busy we called the next day and they told us that it was for security reasons that they needed copies of my husbands id, social security card, and a bill, because every utility is in my name but the cell phone he asked if the cell bill was ok, they said fine and that there will be a 48 hour block once they recieve the fax. we also faxed his bank statement. the next day i suggested he call them and confirm they got the fax and they said they did and everything was all set and that the block would be off saturday feb 16.. today the block was still on, so my husband calls today and they said they never recieved the fax and he needed to call on monday to see why. then i started researching and saw awful reviews on them and saw that many people are going through the same thing and they have had blocks now for 3 weeks. my husband and i called and he verifed his info so i can talk and then went back to work, everytime they would transfer they said oh we need ur husband, i said he already verified.. so after 3 hours finally my husband and i get a supervisior and her name was michelle and her employee number is 469524 says oh your cell and ur bank statement wasnt accepted. and now u need to send a w2, so my husband says well if i do it now is the block going to be lifted today, she says no maybe 48 hrs... he told michelle i want my wife added to the account she says sorry i cant there is a block! they representatives are rude, they hang up on you and they are from another country! they barely understand english! soo soo frustrated! i am calling the irs on tuesday. turbo tax said they got many calls like this! then do something about it!
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2013 by   TravV 0 Votes
We apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your husband's account. We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of his account.

Please send your (his) information to feedback@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.

We look forward to speaking with you and we should be able to get this resolved quickly.

19th of Feb, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
Michelle - Please e-mail us at feedback@netspend.com so we can help resolve your issue.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
We understand your frustration and apologize for the problems you have encountered with the block on your account. We understand that this can be an inconvenience, but we can assure you that it is for the security of your account.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.

5th of Mar, 2013 by   Crystal Tidwell 0 Votes
I have had the exact same problem with NetSpend. My money was released to NetSpend and I tried to use my NetSpend card one time and they froze it and put a block on it. I have faxed the requested information to them on three different occasions. The first time they said they received it and it was being processed that it would take approximately 6 hours, 24 hours later they said it would take 24 to 48 hours and now they are saying they have not received any of the documents requested from me. They are rude when you call them and try to find something out. I am going to call the IRS and see if they can do anything and also file a complaint with law enforcement and see what I need to do to receive my tax money.

Don't Buy a Flat-Screen TV - Yet