logo

CallReady.co.uk
Not recommended!
2. (4 mins ago)
jcappoc.com
My order is still in process and seller ignores me
3. (5 mins ago)
NY Biennale Art
Pietro Franesi
4. (50 mins ago)
Youth weekly Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
5. (55 mins ago)

NetSpend Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2012-05-14 by    rcspeedmart

Fraud On the account

Netspens
All the money was stolen from my card $890.00 on 05-12-20012. 2 days before this happened my account was blocked so i called customers service and was told that somebody has been calling in on my account and they askedd if it was me and I said no and that the person was 1 digit off and so that's why they blocked my account OK good. Then I was told that i had to send over documents to the fraud department. I asked to speak to the fraud department then I was told that I could not speak to the fraud department because the fraud department does not speak to customers directly I could only fax them or email them. I emailed them the documents that they had requested and then they unblocked my account. OK the next morning Casey M. Rumph transferred $890.00 from my account to there account I received a text telling me this so I immediately called netspend to let them know that I didn't do this transaction and I need the money put back into my account. Well Casey had made a transaction of $705.23 and they put $184.77 back on my account now I had to go to the claims department to dispute the transaction so that I could get my money back.

Now here is were the problems come in why was it that when my account was blocked the first time and I called in and askedd to speak to the fraud department I was told that they do not speak to customers directly I could only email or fax them, but now that my money is stolen I can speak with the fraud department? The fraud department the ordered me a new card, changed my pin number, and my security question. Now that my money is stolen and I have to wait 2 weeks 10 business days its OK to speak with the fraud department?

When I finally did speak with the fraud department i askedd them this same question then I was told it is up to the customer service person to determine if they will transfer you to the fraud department or not. That is crazy and a policy that needs to be changed immediately because if I was allowed to speak with the fraud department when this fist happened and they blocked the account I would have changed the information then and they would not have been able to steal the money. My account being blocked and I had to send forums to the fraud department should have been enough cause for me to speak with the fraud department then also and this nightmare would not have happened.

Your foreign customer service is the worst I have ever experienced very hard to understand English, rude will only answer question that they want to ask not the questions that you asked them.

I have been a netspend customer for many years and have quite of my friends that use netspend because I told them about it, and this is the worst experience I have ever had with any company. I hope you will straighten this matter very soon and I hope to here from you soon and get this matter resolved.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Aug, 2012 by   mattie anderson +1 Votes
i am noticing everytime i put money on my account netspends takes it, even when i do not buy anything what it up with that...i want a statement sent to me by mail so i can see...feel used...not happy...about to cancel and try someone else
 12th of Feb, 2013 by   Tasha stokes +1 Votes
On 02-06-13 I received my nets pend card in mail tried to active it, The customer service rep advised me that i had to fax over so document to get the block off my account.So i could receive my tax refund. I have been on the phone with them every since .Its a week later I'm still on the phone with them. I spoke to a supervisor and she advise me to fax those same documents over again .all i want to know is why they don't give u an answer..i have been hung up on .transferred to all different type of departments I need some help.
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   Tanya35 +1 Votes
This NETSPEND card is the WORST Debit Card me and my fiance ever purchased. There customer service is awful they keep you on hold for hours at a time hoping that you will hang up. The operator you can't understand cause these people don't speak good english. When asked to speak to someone over them a supervisor they pretend not to hear you.
NETSPEND put 3 Blocks on my card so I couldn't get my money, claiming that its for my security.
The First Block was to verify who I am by waiting for the original card to come in the mail/ which I patiently did took 5-7 buisness days.
The Second Block was to verify Myself and fiance again by answering 3 questions that for some reason turns into 5 Questions. Which I answered correctly all 5 questions with no problem!
Now tell me why My card is being blocked, I gave you fax of who I am and waited patiently for the card with my NAME on it to come in the mail..."THATS WHAT YOU SAID! "So why do I have to keep proving who I am?
I feel like there securing them and not the customers the system that they have is really bad and not good at all for all of the headache I should have went to a real bank or just cashed my check and paid a little more or less for a clear stressless mind!
 13th of Feb, 2013 by   TravV 0 Votes
Hi Tanya and Tasha,

We apologize for the problems you both have encountered with the blocks on your accounts We can assure you that we are only trying to protect your money. We would like to assist you with this and request you send your information to feedback@netspend.com.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

14th of Feb, 2013 by   tasha stokest 0 Votes
Net spend is just a mess this is my first and last time dealing with them like i said it has been a week i have been on the phone with these customer service rep that don't care about their customer cause if they did would not lie so much. I have not spoke to one supervisor but two, the last supervisor gave me the wrong web site address.so i had to fax those same documents all over again. I cant keep faxing those things over cause that my life. Then i call back, i just wanted to know when was they going to receive my documents.she told me it will take 24 to 48 hours for my block to be removed.now to day i have been on the phone since 8:30am and been hung up on twice been on hold for a hour then got hung up again .I never seen a company like this before.
 1st of Apr, 2013 by   Netspendsux 0 Votes
Unreal. Same exact thing here. My story is to long to go into. Have spent hours and hours and hours on the phone with these weasels and got absolutely nowhere. This truely is a total scam. They've lied to me, kept me on hold cumulatively for hours, and it just gets worse and worse. All I did was purchase a card, put money on it, and tried to do a transfer from my Netspend Mastercard to my netspend Visa card. Accounts blocked, over and over for no reason, given the run around day after day, and treated like an absolute piece of garbage. They are literally stealing my money as of this minute and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I'm scared to death these scammers have my social security number and other information about me. I feel like I fell into a spiders web and I just can't get out. I've noticed THOUSANDS of not just complaints about this company online, but people just absolutely dumbfounded and irate over the entire process having dealt with netspend. I'm 100% ion shock at how my absolutely simple case has turned into a complete mess because of the ineptitude and uncaring attitude of the 11 different employees I've talked to so far. These people are the the cliche of the negative aspect of customer service industry. The heavy accents that most english speaking people cant understand, the repeating of the same statements over and over again, (I'm so sorry Mr. so and so, I'll be happy to assist you with your problem) or )please allow me to put you on hold for no more than 3 minutes, and they come back 8 minutes later over and over and over again), the asking of the same questions 4 times in 10 minutes like they never asked you 3 minutes ago, the telling you that "talking to a supervisor is easy, it will just take a few minutes", but 45 minutes later you still havent talked to a supervisor, the cliche "We have three security questions for you sir and once you answer those we can help you" then you answer the questions successfully, then more conversation follows, then they say "okay sir the system is telling me to ask you three more security questions." then you answer those successfully and they tell you, "your account is blocked and you have to send us documents" HUH?! Worst customer service I've ever had with any company ever in my life. I'm 45 and deal with different companies every day just like most of you. Absolutely stay away from these guys if you can.
 4th of Apr, 2013 by   RUBENIA +1 Votes
Netspend is the worst! I had my tax refund deposited to Netspend card, they stated I couldnt activate the card until I send in documentation verifying who I was. I did 4/1/2013 they informed me 6-8 hours so I called 4/2/2013 and they stated they still havent received the documents! I faxed them again the morning os 4/2/2013, mind you I am basically homeless and I have lost my job! I am trying to go back to Nevada as I have a job waiting for me. I have a deposit of over $6, 000.00 that Netspend is just holding. I have called several times, I even spoke to a supervisor and she was no help/ All they did was look in the notes to see if I sent in documentation, get out your chair and go to the verification department which I know is a few steps away! I am furious as hell! I cant get any help and they want me to keep spending money to fax the same information that I have sent three times now! I had to borrow the few dollars to keep faxing the sam INFORMATION! ME AND MY DAUGHTER ARE BASICALLY HOMELESS NOW AND I HAVE NOTHING AT ALL. I AM IN THE PROICESS OF GETTING EVICTED BECASUE I TOLD MY LANDLORD I WOULD BE GONE APRIL 3RD 2013. NETSPEND IS WRONG VERY WRONG. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE, I HAVE BEEN HUNG UP ON AND LIED TO AND ITS ALWAYS THE SAME PEOPLE I SPEAK WITH, BARELY KNOW ENGLISH. THIS IS SAD
 8th of Apr, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation -1 Votes
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with our service. We understand your frustration, but we can assure you the block on your account was placed for your protection.

We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this and request that you send your information to feedback@netspend.com.

29th of Aug, 2013 by   Polybius79 0 Votes
So far, no good. I have had nothing but issues with them since day one. First was my girlfriend became a cardholder on my account, when her direct deposit came in, they blocked it and blocked my account. After telling them over and over that the direct deposit had already been put in, they wanted her to become a cardholder, which she was already. Then, we ordered another card for the second cardholder, they locked my account again because of the new card. After spending 50 minutes with someone who could not speak English, they finally unblocked it. Then, when the second card came in, we got a text of a direct deposit, great, was out of gas for going clear across town to school. Card declined. Went to call, your card number is no longer valid. So once again, had to call them, because we did not activate the second card, they shut off the first one, even though I could check the account balance on it at an ATM. So finally, they figured " Oh, you want two cards on an account" Yes. Yes we do. So they did their mojo and said all is good, no blocks, nothing. Went to gas up, card declined. Another guy said " Oh, you have a block on your card" Not even five minutes after the fact. I was going to have my school loans deposited to this card rather than my other bank, but forget it, not letting them lose or make a mistake with my money that I need for college. Worst company I have ever seen. Totally incompetent and utterly asinine actions.
 29th of Aug, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
We understand your frustration and apologize for the problems you have experienced. We would appreciate the opportunity to address this and request that you send your information to feedback@netspend.com.

15th of Feb, 2014 by   Clarkt79 0 Votes
My sister is going through the same problem with Netspend ! She's six months pregnant and is under a lot of stress because of these people ! Her refund was sent to her card but she had already ordered a new one with her information ! They told her the car was mailed Jan 31st and here it is Feb 15th and still no card ! She called customer service and a supervisor told her to go purchase another card and they would transfer her funds . She did that but when she called back they told her it was a block on her acct . These people are crooks as far as I'm concerned ! No to mention they're lying to her telling her the block will be taken off and she'll get a text when it's off . I told her she needs to call the irs and have them redeposit her income tax check because she's not gonna get anywhere with these people !
 18th of Feb, 2014 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
Please have your sister email us at feedback@netspend.com. We will make sure that this issue is taken care of.

1st of Jul, 2014 by   Tammy IOWA 0 Votes
I to am being withheld of my money, now ive been informed to file with attorney general office and now my complaint has been sent

Beware of Car Break Scams!

Latest Groups