logo

Mike
Scam -Beware of Ms Jane from HK HUIAO TRADING CO., LIMITED
2. (1 hr 13 mins ago)
Tata Motors
Poor service and arrogant staff
3. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

NetSpend Corporation Complaints & Reviews - NetSpend is so messed up!

NetSpend Corporation Contacts & Informations

NetSpend Corporation

Posted:    Valerie

NetSpend is so messed up!

First of all let me start off by saying that I have NEVER encountered a pleasurable conversation or even close to being acceptable for that matter. The customer service reps are FEARLESS in how they treat you OMG!!

There has only been one time that I ever spoke to someone who spoke fluent english and all the rest can barely speak a lick of it first n foremost. Call for yourselves just for shits n giggles just to see what I am talking about.

Oh wait, you cant speak to a human unless you are a card holder, I forgot. So this means if you are a potential customer with questions and these questions cannot be answered by the place where the card was purchased (because these places always say "call NETSPEND") and if your questions cannot be answered on their little questionnaire "Q&A" then you most likely will call them but you will run into a problem because the robot asks for your "card number" and if you don't punch it in, you don't speak to anyone!! Thats right!!

Now, lets just say that your card has been stolen, u must know ALL 16 numbers to that particular card memorized or they will not speak to you regarding this!!! OMFG!! They INSIST that you give your 16 digit card number at the beginning of the call no matter what the call is concerning!!! Questions!! Comments!! Do not matter!!

If you are not a card member guess how NETSPEND claims they need to "identify the caller" folks? You guessed wrong!!! They ask for your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER folks!!! YES, thats right!! YOUR SSN!!! And your not even a card holder!!! How do I know this? Because I had some associates that had some questions and I was unable to answer them so I called NETSPEND for them on a 3-way and we went through hell trying to get their questions answered.

I didn't feel like getting up out the bed to get my purse downstairs to get my freaking card so I can punch those digits in just so their questions could be answered but everytime we punched the option to speak with a live operator, it demands on a card number so naturally I thought to myself "what if my card was stolen" how would I get a live person? We finally got a live person AFTER I got my card and AFTER about 25 mins of being on hold. Amazing.

Anyways, as my friends had tried to ask their questions the rep asked for their card number and when they said they weren't customers as of yet, the rep asked for their SSN and it would ONLY be used as a "one time" identification purpose. WE WERE FLABBERGASTED!!!

By the time I spoke to a supervisor they hung up and I spoke to Erwin-00743 ext-5515 (I am willing to bet this isn't his name or his REAL ext or employee ID number) he was so rude and deflected any responsibility off NETSPEND and totally defended these other REPS by saying that he was sure that the reason they were asked for their SSN was so they could pull up "their account" even though I repeated told him that they were not members. He then kept saying "Well if there isn't anything else maam, I'm going to have to end this call".

Erwin had an excuse and explanation for everything and borderlined called me a liar in the beginning by saying he doubted this and that about not being able to get through without punching in the card number and then also sort of called me a liar by saying he doubted the sh*t about the SSN even though he managed to come up with what he thought would be a acceptable reason for the REPS asking for their SSN.

This company is unethical. They are unprofessional & rude. And in my opinion alot of them are just plain old stupid. I mean dumb. Uneducated. Under achievers. Losers. Bums.

I am pulling everything off that little card and maying my exit. GOODBYE NETSPEND.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Feb, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation +1 Votes
CAJackson,

We would like the opportunity to assist you with this pending hold, if it has not already been taken care of. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will look into this.

5th of Mar, 2013 by   crazyboh +1 Votes
I just recently was sent a netspend card to activate to get my tax refund. When I got it, I withdrew 600 for brother I owed, and then transferred $990 to my mother whom I owed. No where did they say in the same day you get your taxes and try to transfer money to your mother you owed that also had netspend account that they would put a block on your account for no good reason.Then to get it all fixed you have to have an id, ss card, current bill, etc..then fax it at your expense, and because my husband is the card holder he is the only one that can do anything and he just recently lost his license so now there is a block on the account and no way to get it off without current id..when there should of never been a block put on..they give you the option to transfer up to 1000 a day
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   Makiger 0 Votes
I am currently on vacation with my husband and 6 kids. My husband lost his wallet the first day we were here so I went to buy another netspend card to transfer his balance to my new card. Got that straightened out but today (Tuesday Mar 12th) I went to use our new temp card at McDonald's and it was declined. When I got online to check my account it wouldn't even let me on my acct. It said to call customer service bc there was a problem with my card. I called. They put a restriction on it that can only be lifted after two days as long as I can fax a utility bill, my drivers license and ss card. Who in the hell travels with a utility bill? Now my family is stuck 12 hours from our home with no food or anyway to get home thanks to the fuckers at Netspend. I have been crying for the last hour. My husband asked to speak to a supervisor and could never get one. We have been getting the runaround from every person we speak to. They don't speak English so it's very difficult to understand any instructions they do give to us. Netspend is a big joke. They can't even say why there was a restriction placed to begin with. So my kids Spring Break has been completely ruined!!! They asked me if there was someone back home that could go into my house and find the required documents. What a fucking bunch of shit!!!
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
Makiger,

We have received your email and we are looking into this now.

12th of Mar, 2013 by   mrsmiller54 0 Votes
I received the netspend card when I filed my taxes this year. When I
got my card in the mail, I also received a leaflet in the envelope
that said if I had a direct deposit of minimum $50, that I would
receive a Dining Dough Gift Certificate for $100...Great deal right?
Well, I signed up for a direct deposit of $118 PER WEEK. The leaflet
said the certificate would arrive in 3 weeks or so. Well, after about
four weeks and SEVERAL $100'S of dollars being direct deposited, I
still didn't receive anything in the mail. I call customer service.
They told me that yes I qualify and it should be there any day now. OK
thanks, I hang up and wait a few more days...which turn into weeks.
Call back again about two weeks ago. They lady tells me there is no
such thing. But after reading her the page off the website she says Oh
I'm sorry, it will be there in 7-10 days. Well, two weeks have gone by
and still NOTHING. I am currently on hold with your useless customer
service representative who keeps telling me that I am wrong and that
there is NO SUCH THING! I read her the website and she says OH then it
will be there in 7-10 days...I said OH NO HOLD ON A SECOND, let me
speak to your supervisor. She insists that her supervisor can call me
back during business hours tomorrow. I say no, I would like to speak
to someone now. After putting me on hold for upwards of 20 minutes she
comes back on the line stating that her name is "Sam" and she is the
supervisor. I told her that I am NOT stupid and that I would like to
speak to her supervisor. She insists that oh she is the supervisor and
that the reason why she sounds the same is because she is using the
same phone. I was on the phone with her for over 47 minutes and she
kept repeating the same thing over and over. I have since hung up and
called back to get someone different.

She told me that Netspend is not doing that promotion. Well, if you
aren't doing the promotion, then how did I GET THE LEAFLET WITH MY
CARD?!?!?!?
I would just like to receive what I was promised from your company.
I don't think that it's fair that I'm trusting my money with a company
whose employees DARE call me a liar. And then turn around and FLAT OUT
LIE TO ME!
 13th of Mar, 2013 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
MrsMiller54,

We are looking into this for you and will get back with you.

25th of Jan, 2014 by   lcolliob 0 Votes
I am VERY upset with NETSPEND and will be reporting you to the Better Business Bureau, I had also tried to contact your corporate offices and will continue to do so until I receive some resolution. I DID NOT authorize any the transactions that occurred on my account to Direct TV and I called in yesterday on the phone to try and speak with someone and got someone who claims his name was Johnny-ID 55270 or 55278 and he was VERY nasty and rude. He told me that I claimed that it was an unauthorized transaction but I gave Direct TV my card so legally that made it an authorized payment and that was NOT the case. I DID NOT authorize this payment at any time to come off of my card. He told me what did I expect, I made the payment and he would not listen to anything that I was saying. He did not validate me as a customer and he treated me horribly. I then asked for a manager and he had me on hold for 30 minutes, came back to the phone and changed his voice as if though he was someone else. He then told me his name was Jmar ID 5527070 and I told him I knew that he was one and the same. As we talked longer, he lost the fake voice and was speaking the same. I will NEVER recommend anyone to this company and am removing my funds. Your Customer Service needs an Undercover Boss visit or something. I will report this to everyone and put all on the internet. I cannot believe that you would allow someone access to my account and to take from my card...its as if though you are with them. HORRIBLE service and this isn't the first incident. I gave you another chance and still the same. Also, I STILL don't have my money back on my card.
 25th of Jan, 2014 by   NetSpend Corporation 0 Votes
We apologize for the problems you have experienced with our service and your transaction with Direct TV.

We would like the opportunity to assist you with this and we request that you send your information to feedback@netspend.com. We will get back with you as soon as possible.

25th of Feb, 2014 by   THICKCURVYCHICK 0 Votes
Okay first of all... i am constantly being charged for every time i use the card and for when i pull money off my card and i am not supposed to be charged for that withdrawl at all. 2ND OF ALL, YOU GUYS DO NOT HAVE ANY WAY FOR ANY OF US AT ALL TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE INTERNET AT ALL. AND ON TOP OF THAT WHEN YOU DO GET AHOLD OF SOMEONE YOU GET TOLD THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THE WEBSITE BEING DOWN AND THAT THE WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNIN AND ITS NOT AND THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO USE NETSPEND AND WE JUST WANT THE PROBLEM TO BE FIXED ANOTHER THING I GET SSI AND MY BROTHER DOES ALSO DD ON OUR CARDS. I RECEIVED MINE AND HE NEVER RECEIVED HIS SSI. I THOUGHT THAT WHEN YOU GET SSI EVERYONE WHO GETS SSI AND HAS IT DEPOSITED ON THE CARD GETS THAT THE SAME DAY UNLESS IM MISTAKEN SO COULD YOU PLEASE CLEAR THAT UP FOR ME BECAUSE I GUESS I AM NOT ON THE SAME KEY WITH YOU SO MAKE IT SWEET SIMPLE AND TO THE POINT THANKS
 5th of Mar, 2014 by   JerryDGreat 0 Votes
Hey guys ! Sorry but ithink NetSpend
Is a great Company !
I have spoke with one of their agents
Yesterday and found out that NetSpend is really
An interesting Company .

My friend ask me why NetSpend Need to
Ask for their Ssn, id etc... Bla bla bla
And ask it to one of the agents located at austin
She said its for security verification
We all know that NetSpend is a
Financial Institution so money is involved there
They ask for ssn for them to easily find your account
If you lost your card to mark it as lost and send a new one for you
And its for free so that you will still stay with their company
Other docs is requested and its for Account verification
We all know about the identity theft right ?
So that is their protection to our account to
Validate if you are the right person or not .

Ive been a NetSpend user since 2008
I have experienced rude agents but not all of them are like that
One example is Mr. ****** and i dont remember his last name
He helped me a lot with my account issue
Bec i recieved a text from them that i should call
Customer service to check about my pending deposit
So i called them he answered the phone and assist me
Ive been so rude to him when he said that there is a block on my account
Resulting for my account to be frozen.
I dont listen to what he say speak too much
But in the end he made me happy with
The solution he provide.

If there is a chance that i can meet him i will be thankful to
Him and sorry for what ive said .
That conversation made me realize that
I have choosed the right company to
Handle my money.
I know there are ups and downs with
This company but if you know how NetSpend Works
Well you'll be happy to stick with them !

Keep it up NetSpend !
I will promote your company to all of my other friends not
Using your service !
 4th of Aug, 2014 by   ShereePlair 0 Votes
This is amazing how many customer's have been cheated out of their money. This is a card that was suggested by turbo tax. How sad, as I will not be using turbo tax anymore. But I am curios, has anyone notice, you are charged 1$ for every signature and 2$ for pin usage. So far, I have racked up 150 in a months time just for using the card. The customer service is horrible. There has got to be a way where we can get a class action lawsuit going.

4 Uncommon Ways to Earn More Cash