logo

Rogers
Overcharge on bills
2. (11 mins ago)
3vuecs.com
cutting money from the bank`
3. (28 mins ago)

Net10

Posted: 2012-05-15 by    cgrouch

customer service

Net10
I was on a monthly plan and my cell phone service was deactivated one week early. After a grueling and frustrating hour talking with three customer service representatives who seemed more intent on proving me wrong than helping, they said that they could not reactivate my cell phone and could do nothing more than sending a new sim card which would take three to five days. In addition, when replacing a cell phone with a broken display, they had no idea how many minutes I had left.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Dec, 2009 by   fldspcs 0 Votes
I am 60 years old and own a computer business and have an extensive background in the telecommunication field. Net10 is in the top 5 worst companies I have ever dealt with. The only option to get something resolved is to call someone with a bad connection, that you can't understand even with a good connection.
Biggest complaint is I can't buy minutes online because there is always something wrong with my account. Spend an hour on phone repeating myself like I'm talking to a three year old. Every time same thing.
Other complaints: em326g phone has to be charged every day. will not charge from car charger.
Net10 claims it cannot block text and browser from being used. BS!!! Everyone else can. What they mean is that they WON'T block them.
Had Verizon for three years. charged the phone once a week, paid a flat $40.00 per month, no texting, no browsing, no problems with tech support.
Net10, for the same usage is far more expensive than that. Haven't had the phone six weeks. If I could've bought $30.00 worth of time today, I would have paid $90.00 for phone time plus the cost of the phone.
Best to stay away from these dirtbags.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   Net10 +1 Votes
Interesting, as J.D. Power recently named Net10 as best prepaid wireless provider in its 2009 customer survey: http://www.jdpower.com/telecom/ratings/Prepaid-Wireless-Ratings/sortcolumn-1/descending/page-#page-anchor

But if you have legitimate issues and they are not being addressed satisfactorily by "regular" customer service, you can send e-mail to SuperCSR Elston: ELombillo@tracfone.com for assistance.
 19th of May, 2011 by   nosvet 0 Votes
Well I should have listened to all the other folks. NET10 customer service is aweful!!! I've had the phone for 1-DAY and have been on the phone with absolute morons all day. They have to put you on hold for every question and ask a supervisor. They can not even answer the simplest questions like why did it cost me 9 minutes of my time to send a pic to my other ophone when it was supposed to be onlyu 2 minutes of air time????

Also, they told me that I would have the same service as verizonwireless as they used the verizonwireless network.

Well, thats not true because I have bearly any signal while my verizon phone has full service bars.

They barely speak english and have absolutely no clue about the product.

I'm so glad I only have to deal with them for the remained of the month. NET10 SUCKS!
 21st of May, 2011 by   pixiejul 0 Votes
Where to even start?! It's been a NIGHTMARE! They don't speak English, can't understand even the simplest of concepts! ALL of them are this way! NOT mind a heavy accent, and differences in culture. That's not it. These people are stupid!!! Their computer system always "has issuess right now" so they can't do the simplest of tasks like adding minutes or activating a phone and "you'll need to try back in an hour." They CHANGED MY PHONE NUMBER WITHOUT TELLING ME!!! My doctor's office was trying to reach me back, and they said my number was not in service. I called net10, went thru 4 different people, before I found out I have a different number!!! They made me send in my works-like-new phone in exchange for a reconditioned piece of crap and then refused to replace it. Their system will not recognize the ESN nmbr of the "new" phone- it won't activate!!! It takes HOURS to accomplish anything EVERY SINGLE TIME I CALL! Best of all the 2nd-to-last rep I talked to tried to BLACKMAIL me!!! He said he would give me 750 minutes to compensate me for the days of unlimited calling I was screwed out of, but ONLY if I would drop my complaint about the phone number being changed and the replacement phone being crappy! I told every single one of them I am disabled and mostly bedridden. I am on a mission to get Target to drop them as a product, because it does reflect on them as the largest retailer of Net10 plans and phones. JOIN ME!
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   tgrunow 0 Votes
I am onboard with you!!! I have had seveal issues with them. Tell them you want to speak with their lagistics dept. They will help you get what you need done... They handel issues where they are about to get a law suit.
 8th of Oct, 2013 by   sechapman 0 Votes
I was on the phone with net10 for over 2 hours today and what a hassle! The reps kept giving me the wrong information, they don't listen to why you are calling them. I then asked to speak to a MANAGER who was Joseph Benigay, employee #41360, based in the Philippines who kept telling me I was a liar, that I didn't purchase the phone on the net10 site when the packing slip said net10! I asked to speak to whomever was over him. Finally, I spoke with April and she assured me that Joseph, a manager, gave me the wrong information. Joseph told me that I didn't purchase the phone from net10! WHAT??? The packing slip says net10!! I thought I lost $169 on the phone, a scam! How many people, how many hours to we need to talk to to get the information we need? They almost lost 2 customers today! I am so disgusted with them!

Start Thinking About Year-End Tax Moves Now