logo

Posted:    Tracey Grobbelaar

Poor service

Koolvelde Pluming - Wibank
South Africa
On 11.07.2009 I called Nedbank Insurance to register a claim for a leak underneath our house (that is what it looks like to me anyway)
Claim ref: NED0952796. There would be an access payment of R1000.00 to be paid to the plumer. I paid it.

The insurance told me that the plumer needs to do a leak detection test. The plumer came out, did not have a qualified person to do the leak test, replaced the first pipe that came to mind.

When I got home from work I saw the water was still coming from underneath the house. So I called the insurance back. They said they would send the plummer out again, but now it is a new claim with a new access of another R1000.00.

But according to my limited knowledge, it is the same leak as the one I reported on 11.07.2009. The water is still coming form the same place. Then I phoned and spoke to Tilla and then Justin, who told me that it is not a new claim, and the plumer would be send out under the same claim number.

I am still waiting for them to come to the house and today is 22.07.2009. Meanwhile the water is flowing out, and I still have to pay for that aswell.

I just spoke to Divesh at the Nedbank Insurance Callcentre and he told me it will be a new claim. When I said I was going to report this, he said, if you feel you have to, do it.

Why am I the only one paying? I am paying the insurance, I am paying the access, I am paying the water leaking for the past 10 days. And I am having the inconvenience of the water leaking form under my house. Who will pay when I have more damage to the struckture of my house because of all this water?
Comments South Africa Plumbing Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Nedbank Home Insurance complaints
Nedbank Home Insurance - NO RESPONSE

Comments

18th of Aug, 2009 by   Liezl Ellis 0 Votes
I have exactly the sam e situation - plumber came out, didn't do assesment, just fixed first water leak, water meter is still running like craazy, but i have to pay another R1000 for every single water pipe fixed. If ther eis 20 leaks, R20000, i might as well replaced the whole DAMN house's waterpipes for less than R10 000!!!NEDBANK is a shitty insurance company and I would tell this to every single person I know!
Liezl
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   nemo1 0 Votes
I agree 100%. Nedbank Insurance Company must close their doors. I wanted to submit a claim but they refused to even take the claim. Water was off for two days in our town - we out of town and my little one forgot the tap open. Water came back and when we arrived our house was under water - quess what they say ????? SORRY WE ARE NOT SUBMITTING YOUR CLAIM as it was your own fault - please read your contract again...NOW WHAT IS THE USE OF HAVING INSURANCE THEN??????????? I then asked them four times to email me a letter stating that they will not pay - I am still waiting - Spoke to other people which also had the same problem and their insurances namely Standard Bank and Outsurance paid out. NEDBANK REALLY SUCKS!!!
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   peet bothma 0 Votes
I got a swimming pool that is crakt and it is a marbelite pool the asessor came out biginning of last week and it is now a week later and i havend even reseaved a call from eany one regarding my pool and it is craking eaven moore. I will hold back my installmend to fix this pool my self

Not with kind regards
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   david bok 0 Votes
I had the same situation with Nedbank insurance when I claimed for storm damage. Their assessors just told them that the damage occurred over time, they just ignored the fact that I tried to repair the damage myself and did not claim at first. The consultant, Zeldine, who was working with my claim was just adament and told me to write a letter to the ombudsman or change my insurance company. I don't what's the use of having insurance if they are always looking for loopholes in the contract.

David
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   ddvanrooy 0 Votes
I also had same poor service from Nedbank Home Insurance. When I decided to change my home insurance I was told that Nedbank will now charge me R50 a month "admistration fee". Now, when time came for renewal of my annual insurance ( I use Outsurance and had good service so far), I receive a snotty letter from Nedbank requesting proof of insurance or risking loosing my bond. This is what I get for R50 / month admin fee ! All they have to do is check my bankstatements (on their own system). I fulle agree that Nedbank's service has gone down the tubes.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   S Gounden 0 Votes
I have had terrible experiences with Nedbank home insurance as well and have finally reached the tipping point, i will be moving my home loan over to another bank by the end of this month. A year ago, nedbank miraculously approved my cliam for a rook leak (I literally had water leaking through from the light fittings). Imagine my surprise when less than a year later, i have exactly the same problem and Nedbank is now rejecting my cliam on the basis of poor workmanship - by a company that they sent through in the first place. What i also find strange is the need for them to send through 2 assessors when the fist one inidcated to me that the cliam woudl be paid - seems like they will send through multiple assessors until someone tells them what they want to hear. well, hopefully i will not have to deal with them for much longer.
 1st of Apr, 2011 by   tLADI 0 Votes
I had a burst geyser and I only became aware of it on 23/03/2011 and that's when I reported my claim with Nedbank and Dial Direct for my home contents as my tv and game was also damaged.A plumber was appointed and they came changed the geyser and left the pipes hanging from the ceiling and I phoned Nedbank to call back the Plumber to come back and fix that as the ceiling couldn't be properly closed with the pipes hanging, till today the plumber hasn't come back. Rock construction was appointed ref: ned 1183906 on 23/03/0/2011 and up until today they haven't even phoned me.The carpet must be changed but that can't happen cause Rock con must first come to paint and close the ceiling. Nedbank please manage your suppliers, Everything that was damaged that I claimed from Dial direct is replaced, but most importantly Nedbank HAS FAILED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE BUILDING IS RESTORED TO IT'S ORIGINAL STATE. NEDBANK YOU ARE A DISGRACE AND A BAD INSURER.
 3rd of May, 2011 by   T B Schultz 0 Votes
Nedbank and suppliers service is shocking. I have been waiting since December 2010
 26th of Jul, 2011 by   Mrs S Naidoo 0 Votes
I agree with all the above, the service from Nedbank Insurance is pathetic. I registered my claim on the 22nd of June 2011 and to date- 26 July 2011, they still tell me they are awaiting quotes from the construction company. If you can't get a response from them, refer my claim to some other company who probably are more efficient. The insurance dept will never contact me, I have to call them all the time, and it's the same old response...we will call you back, which never happens. If I donot get a call back today as promised, I will be contacting the Ombudsman, enough is enough, with the current heavy rains there's more damages to attend to, but how ... if my insurance company takes one month to attend to one claim.
Mrs S Naidoo - Isipingo Hills
 28th of May, 2012 by   ngoma p.n 0 Votes
I fully agree with the above complaints. I reported my matter in January 2012 that my yard was damaged by a truck. They sent me sms that they have approved my claim.I waited for a contractor. Mr Ngcongca came to my house, he did his assessment, he even took some pics. I ama still waiting for the company. Sometimes it is just a waste of money to insure the property. I decided to hired cheap boys to just construct a slab as it was open for the thugs. I m really crying for my money I m paiying for my house.
 6th of Jul, 2012 by   mrs C isaacs 0 Votes
I had a leak in the bathroom and they sent the plumbers to fix it and he broke a hole in the wall and left it we phoned and fone and they kept us going in cicles nw the best thing is 2 get a lawyer involved

Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Spying