Nationwide Home Warrenties

Nationwide Home Warranty Services
100 Church St. 8th floor pmb1003
New York Mills, New York
Phone: 1-888-500-2110
Everytime I call to submit a claim I get transfered throu their system several times only to be put on hold and the call finally disconects. I purchased this plan 9/17/2009, in my contract there was a 20 day waiting period before you could sumit a claim. I purchased the plan with my social security check money as I am disabeled. I called 10/12 /09 and the customer sevice department told me it was a pre-existing problem, they never even sent out a sevice person. The owner of the company is a James craig he will not return my calls, the strange thing is every time I call there I don't think I speak to more than mabey 5 different people. I worked in a bank for 30 years on the phone, I feel I can distingish different accents and voices. I have contacted the mayors office, FTC, Better Business bureau. I am now waiting for a return call from the Consumer Service Dept. of the mayor's office. fraud division, there have been numerous complaints on this company from all over the country. I guess this will just be another senior citizin ripp-off beware.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Home Insurance / Warranty
Was the above complaint useful?

15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
We have had NHW since last May of 2009. Needless to say, they took our money and ran. We have NEVER had anything repaired or replaced to our satisfaction.
When you first submit a claim, you might get an email back with who's coming out to your home, but after that, it could take upwards of two weeks or more to have anything done about it. If you phone them (they never call you), be very patient, your on hold sometimes longer than an hour. Sometimes it even disconnects after waiting so long. Often times, they will offer you a cash settlement, but it's not even them amount you need to fix something.
Also, you aren't allowed to speek with anyone higher than a Manager, (who only seems to tell you the same thing that Customer Service does), because that's their policy.
We have a refridgerator down now for two weeks, they sent an unqualified contractor out that does not fix or replace compressors, and that's what it turned out to be. They offered us $250 to fix or replace it, but the quote was $500. they wont send out another contractor to finish this job.
Once we asked for out money back for the remainder of our year, and they offered us around $50, this was after they take out their portions of fees. You can see the trend here.
Please don't ever consider using NWH, even if it is a good deal. You'll never be happy with them!!!

Contact Us