logo

scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Nationwide Home Warranty, New York, New York Complaints & Reviews - BBB, Attny. General of Greater NY, NY State Insurance Board Info.

Nationwide Home Warranty Contacts & Informations

Nationwide Home Warranty

Posted:    Michael Williams

BBB, Attny. General of Greater NY, NY State Insurance Board Info.

Nationwide Home Warranty Insurance
P.O. Box 341 Zip 10013
New York, New York
Phone: 888-500-2110
If anyone, beside myself, has had problems getting Nationwide Home Warranty to pay/settle claims on things covered under your contract, it's worth while in contacting the following to register complaints against them. The more complaints they get, the better. They are the least professional group I have ever dealt with and are dishonest in their practices.

New York State Department of Insurance: 212-480-6400
address to send complaint: CSB
New York State Insurance Dept.
25 Beaver St.
New York, NY 10004
In your complaint, list your name, Policy #, copies of any and all documentation and if you have names of people you talked to, time of call, etc... include in complaint.

New York State Attorney General: (Consumer Fraud Dept)
518-474-5220
You need to request a written complaint form to be sent to you.

File a complaint with the State Attorney Generals Office in the State you purchased the policy. You can obtain this information on the internet.

Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York
Web address: http://www.newyork.bbb.org
There will be a link to fill out a complaint about a business.

This all takes time, but the more dissatisfied customers report their fradulent practices, the better.
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2009 by   sam 0 Votes
This is a scam and a rip-off type of home warranty, . They will trick
you with everything they have. Just call a plumbing company and they
will tell you about them…..I called a plumbing company that does work
with all kinds of home warranties across the nation, and they were
very helpful. They told me that this is a scam company, and they will
never pay for anything, ……. their exact words were, stay away from
them…………………stay far away
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   L. Anne 0 Votes
I appreciate this site, though I read it too late. I too purchased a policy from Nationwide Home Warranty. Upon purchase, I directly asked what would be needed to fill requirements to file and process a claim, specifically asking if paperwork (ie, any records, etc) be needed at that time. I was clearly told "NO" by the sales person. Nearly a year went buy and my washer stopped spinning. When filing the claim, they first had no one in my area (a city at that), and when questioning the payment to the appliance repairman, asking "Ok, I give this fellow a check and he repairs it? or you replace it? Correct?" and received a "We'll see" response. I believe at this time, even before it was looked at, they were saying they would not pay this claim. I have a beautiful Maytag machine, but a part did in fact wear out. I would cost a bit to fix. The appliance fellow stated not only to me, but to them at my request, that it was just normal wear and NOT due to misuse or deglect. They now "required a maintenance record". I called Maytag who clearly stated they did NOT require maintenance on their washers for their warranties OR to keep it in excellent running order. (Their written clause clearly states such records only needed on items "as specified by the manufacturer". Maytag does NOT specify such a thing). Hence, fraud. I have now read many reports similar. They are not a reputable company and should be stopped. I have lost my "peace of mind" they so gladly offer when you turn over a policy money. I am out that, the fee to the appliance guy and weeks lost of a needed machine. To top it off, I had the flu at that time and could not leave home to take the laundary elsewhere. A very dangerous business arrangement. Homemaker in Arkansas
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   NoelA 0 Votes
My friends. It's incredible that a company like this continues to be in business and that we as customers let them.
It started with my A/C (coil system) a year ago. Of course they did not pay anything again with the same excuse, "no previous service to the unit" even though the A/C company that went to my house said it was not required, and that it was worn out due to normal use.

Now this month. Something as simple as a cartridge/valve in one of my showers. Because its a really old model and the plumbing company would take some time to find it (thing I really don't care about), they decided the claim would be changing the entire system and not just the valve. And of course and guess what! yes, changing everything it's not covered. But hey who cares even thought the plumbing company stated the problem is only the valve (and I have it in paper).

So now Nationwide wants me to accept $175.00 signing a TOP SECRET release form that I know many of you will laugh at it as soon as I post-it all around the web (coming soon). Just make some simple numbers, $60.00 for the plumbers visit, finding and buying the part (unknown) and labor (you choose). Please my friends vote if you think I should sell my soul for this price. I think I know the answer.

I'm not even going to get into customer service and everything else everyone has written. I don't know when they decided not to abide by the long known phrase "customer first". But the only thing I know is that us as consumers, we can do much more to get this known to other provable "victims" If I might say. I already managed to stop 2 friends of mine on signing with them (and this was just via word of mouth) in one week, now just wait for the rest. Thank God for the wonders of the web.

Fortunately I can fix it on my own resources, but I don't want to imagine everyone else that rely on insurance, and after paying and paying for it, they will not receive any benefit at all.

Noel
Dallas TX
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   Home1 0 Votes
The claims department's goal is to make it as difficult and unbearable as possible throughout the process. After two years of having their warranty, my water heater and valve broke. The water to my home is shut off. I took the day off from work and called Nationwide Home Warranty immediately. After dealing with the claims department all day and paying $50 for a plumber to glance at my water heater, I was told the determination for coverage was pending. It would not be for another 48 hours before they would get back to me and let me know if they will approve the repair. This meant I would not have water in my home for another three days! The plumber said Nationwide home Warranty customers always end up paying him directly to get the work done and then fighting to get any reimbursement. They obviously are not concerned about retaining a customer.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   George Murillo 0 Votes
I was told I needed maintenance records on a pipe!!! I laughed and they didnt!!

Stay away!!!

They will ripp you off in a heart beat!!!

My furnace went out and i provided the records, so they said i needed more records!!

New York State Department of Insurance: 212-480-6400
address to send complaint: CSB
New York State Insurance Dept.
25 Beaver St.
New York, NY 10004

New York State Attorney General: (Consumer Fraud Dept)
518-474-5220
You need to request a written complaint form to be sent to you.

Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York
Web address: http://www.newyork.bbb.org
There will be a link to fill out a complaint about a business.

Tips How To Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank